Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I just random clicked through a straighterline final.
jsd Wrote:Zombie threeaaaddd

Hmmm...I wonder what constitutes a zombie thread...a year and a half doesn't seem so old when you consider the ones that are 5+ years old that pop up sometimes. :p
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Hmmm...I wonder what constitutes a zombie thread...a year and a half doesn't seem so old when you consider the ones that are 5+ years old that pop up sometimes. :p

It's weird that someone bumped a thread that old to reply to a 3+ year post, which someone already answered hilarious
Zombie spammer posts in the middle of the night -> Post gets deleted but thread remains -> Someone doesn't notice the post's original date -> zombie thread resurrected
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
dfrecore Wrote:Hmmm...I wonder what constitutes a zombie thread...a year and a half doesn't seem so old when you consider the ones that are 5+ years old that pop up sometimes. :p

As a 10 year member, a year and a half is still a baby thread to me.hilarious
cookderosa Wrote:As a 10 year member, a year and a half is still a baby thread to me.hilarious

Also a timely thread for me, as my son just ended up clicking through a straighterline final because ProctorU took over 45 minutes getting him set up to take the damned thing. He spent an hour "on the test" and I told him he clearly spent time trying to do well on it, and he said no, he spent 50 minutes just getting to the thing, then he was so irritated he answered a few questions then clicked A on the rest.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:Also a timely thread for me, as my son just ended up clicking through a straighterline final because ProctorU took over 45 minutes getting him set up to take the damned thing. He spent an hour "on the test" and I told him he clearly spent time trying to do well on it, and he said no, he spent 50 minutes just getting to the thing, then he was so irritated he answered a few questions then clicked A on the rest.

OhhhhMmmmmmGggggg don't get me started on that. We have *TWICE* been charged $8.50 because ProctorU's chat/help is so slow that 2 different sons have missed their entire exam window. My son on Friday logged in 20 minutes early but no link- no big deal, but at 5 min till, still no link. AND it said "schedule" next to his exam. Strange, so we hop on with chat. By the time they figure out that there was some glitch, it was 30 min, but they set him up for an hour after the original time which by the time they finished, he ALSO missed. Seriously, I about lost it. I did call, and by the grace of God the person that helped us the first time back in Dec was the SAME lady this time (she remembered me!?) and she personally took this on and we ended up with a fee waiver.
I have completed exams in "enrolled" schools where I was paying close attention and studying hard in a super-short time like that. When a test is closed-book, multiple choice, and not math problems or something that take time to work, it just simply doesn't take me a long time to take a test. Either I know the answer or I don't, and sitting there staring at one I don't remember isn't going to change that. Which is to say that I don't think 9 minutes really should be all that out of the ordinary, even though your particular reason for its being 9 minutes may be.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 664 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 760 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,071 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 877 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,653 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,284 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 3,904 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,473 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Straighterline Business Statistics Tips Bunii 3 2,732 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Bunii