Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So long...final thoughts
Well I'm finished. Took my last ECE test the other day and should have degree conferred in a couple of weeks.

I found this sight to be an excellent resource and would recommend it to anyone. Used it pretty much exclusively for test prep and did quite well. A quick synopsis:

DSST Civil War: Used IC and watched Burns film twice. Got an A (63)
DSST Rise Fall USSR: IC and Rudman book. A (61)
DSST Drug/ alcohol abuse. IC ONLY. A (61)

ECE Ab Psychology. IC ONLY. B
ECE Gerontology. IC ONLY. C
ECE Adulthood and Aging. IC ONLY. A

ECE IL required course. studied the online modules for about 4 hours total. Took the practice quizzes a couple of times then scored an 86 on the final.

Studied EXTENSIVELY for the DSST tests. Found them quite difficult but the results were happy.

Studied ONLY IC on the ECE tests and found them difficult, but manageable. IC was all that was needed for these tests. Probably wouldn't recomment an IC only strategy for the DSST history tests. IC is more than adequate for DSST drug/ alcohol.

Anyway. Hope this is helpful for anyone thats just starting. Good luck all!
Congrats on completing your goal! Very exciting!
[SIZE="2"]Congratulations skyhogg! This is excellent news! hilarious [/SIZE]

Thank you for the feedback on IC and the ECE exams also. I need great grades on several ECEs, including 2 of the ones you mentioned, so I'll keep supplementing IC.
Kate
BS Psychology
Nice work skyhogg! Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
skyhogg Wrote:Well I'm finished.

Skyhogg,

Wow...you are much more "calmer" than I will be when I post that I am done!! :p

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS for finishing, and I wish you all the best for your future endeavors. And thanks for posting some good feedback!

Take care,

JoAnne Big Grin
[SIZE="5"]Welcome To The Club!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Wow. good job, I can imagine it must feel great to be DONE.
Congrats.

Mattie Smile
total 102
Cleps 90 credits
English Comp w/ essay, Humanities, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Social Science& Hist., College Math, Info Systems, Nat. Sciences, English Lit, American Lit, Psychology, Ed Psychology, Hum Growth & Dev., SpanishII, Marketing, Managment, and Biology, US history I,
Dantes 12 Credits
Technical Writing, Ethics in America, Org Behavior, Gen Anthropology, Fudamentals of Counseling.
Up Coming tests-
Teceps
Social Psychology, Psychology of Personality.
Big congrats!! And thank you for the parting info since I will be taking all of those exams soon. Big Grin
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Congratulations WOw, I am looking forward to the day I finish
applause, applause!!! That is so amazing that you are DONE! Congratulations! It is the goal we are all in pursuit of, and you are there!
Thanks for the tips on tests. Actually helps a lot for my DSST tests.
Hope your road ahead is filled with new and exciting adventures!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,228 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Question Why People Take SO LONG to Get Started? LevelUP 13 1,756 03-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Long-term Salaries after Graduation smartdegree 1 706 11-30-2021, 01:41 AM
Last Post: jch
  Short Hiatus to Long Sabbatical & Advice for Pre-Health Fields... bjcheung77 3 1,079 05-18-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Flash Cards to Remember More of What We Studied Long Term camjenks 7 1,271 04-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 3,914 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Bals how long to finish? SweetsugarNL 25 3,727 08-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  Thoughts on the value of a non STEM "Big Brand" bachelors degree as an adult student Stoic 6 1,839 06-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Culinary Arts for Life Long Learning Life Long Learning 9 1,976 12-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  how long does TESU keep your credits ? nyvrem 2 1,134 08-31-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: allvia