Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some guideance and questions
I believe you could also take ALEKS Trigonometry for an elective credit.

Hello all,

I have been away due to illness and could not do any classes I have been planning to take and finish earlier.
I should be good to go now and wondering if there are any classes that I must take before December 31st? Is there anything expiring in my degree plan for BSBA GM that I would not able to do next year through straighterline or study.com and transfer to TESU.

Attached is my degree plan. I think I put everything in correct spots. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you all for the help as always.

Attached Files
.pdf   GM - Sheet1.pdf (Size: 54.09 KB / Downloads: 19)
Any courses that might possibly be downgraded by TESU will not affect your plan.

The only things that stand out to me is:
1) you don't have enough credits in the Science area, you are going to need to take at least 2cr more there to fulfill that area
2) the Business in Society TECEP can be replaced by BUS120: Int'l Business through Study.com if you would like
3) All of the courses listed are available through Study.com, if you don't end up enjoying taking SL courses, Saylor courses, or CLEP's (although I would still take the English Comp CLEP to get the 6cr if you think you can pass).
4) There are some additional courses you can take in the business area if you want to replace anything there (Study.com has a BUNCH more courses than when you first created your spreadsheet).

Otherwise it looks good.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
First off, it's good to see you're healthy again. Hope you're doing great throughout the X-mas holidays and for the New Year.
Just wanting to make sure, the "Green" spots should be the ones already completed right? I'm asking because ALEKS no longer is ACE recommended for credit and the Strategic Management TECEP is no longer available, it's a class you have to take.

Secondly, I see you have some Saylor courses (IMO, they're harder to pass), the majority of them are available with StraighterLine and Study.com, I would only recommend them if you "know the subject well, really need it cheap, or have the time to study for it", otherwise, stick with Study.com or SL.

My Recommendations: Don't take the TECEP for Business In Society, take the Study.com Bus 120: International Business
BTW, is accounting what you're into? If so, keep it as is. If not, you can substitute the accounting courses from Study.com, take something that's UL, it doesn't have to be in accounting, you need at least one course in 3 areas - Accounting, Finance, Management or Marketing. However, you need to have 18 credits total for the GM AOS, again, at least 1 course from 3 of those 4.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I was little worried that some of UL courses would be going away after dec 31st. Glad to hear I did not miss that train.

Green cells are what I have completed before getting sick. I finished ALEKS while they were still ACE recommended for credit and Strategic management tecep last month it was available.

If at all possible I would like to stick with straigherline over study.com or saylor but did not want to just start replacing courses left and right and find myself having to retake any due to my mistake.
Awesome, then that settles things further. Here are my updated recommendations for you, I prefer SL as well (the biggest draw is passing the course before the final), but Study.com has very good points too for providing courses not found elsewhere for cheap.

Take the following SL courses over Saylor in the Professional Business Requirements
1) Principles of Management
2) Macroeconomics
3) Microeconomics
4) Business Communications

In your Area Of Study, skip the two Study.com Accounting courses for something that may benefit you more. Review their syllabus before deciding which is better for you, there are many other options than Accounting from Study.com
1) Take Study.com Project Management and Management Info Systems (just got ACE recommendation this week)
OR 2) Take Saylor Corporate Communications (it builds on SL Business Comm and gives a different UL credit) and MIS OR their Business Statistics (it's a different UL business course, not math/stats course)
OR 3) Choose any one of the above, and do Straighterline Organizational Behavior - just make sure you "hit 3 of the 4".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-23-2017, 06:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In your Area Of Study, skip the two Study.com Accounting courses for something that may benefit you more.  Review their syllabus before deciding which is better for you, there are many other options than Accounting from Study.com
1) Take Study.com Project Management and Management Info Systems (just got ACE recommendation this week)
OR 2) Take Saylor Corporate Communications (it builds on SL Business Comm and gives a different UL credit) and MIS OR their Business Statistics (it's a different UL business course, not math/stats course)
OR 3) Choose any one of the above, and do Straighterline Organizational Behavior - just make sure you "hit 3 of the 4".

The only thing here is that you need to make sure that you take at least 1 accounting and 1 marketing course (that you've already planned into the degree).  The courses bjcheung77 recommended are all MAN courses, you don't want to overdo it with those.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Working on it slowly, made a small dent and earned 35 new credits. I am shooting to be done by April 1st

Completed:
English Composition I
Introduction to World Religions
Ethics and the Business Professional
Americain Government
Introductory to nutrition
Introduction to Sociology
Financial Accounting (Accounting I)
Managerial Accounting (Accounting II)
Business Law
Computer Concepts and Applications
Intermediate Accounting I
Cost Accounting

Working on:
English Composition II                  SL
Principles of Management             SL
Principles of Marketing                 study
Principles of Finance                    study
Business in Society                      study
Macroeconomics                          SL
Microeconomics                           SL
Business Communications             SL
Corporate Communication            Saylor
Organizational Behavior                SL
Human Resources Management    study
Digital Marketing and Advertising   study
[-] The following 2 users Like ilovecredits's post:
  • hsfamfun, Ideas
Completed
English composition II
Principles of Managment
Business in Society
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Business Communications
Organizational Behaviour

Working on
Principles of marketing
Principles of finance
Corporate communications
Human resources management
Digital marketing and advertising

I have a question about Principles of Finance from study.com: On study.com under thomas edison transfer tab Finance 101 Principles of finance is marked as tesu FIN-200 : Intro to Finance.
Am I going after correct course that will fit into my degree plan or I need to find different course on study.com ? I was under impression i need FIN-301 for  Professional business requirements portion of BSBA GM. 

Thank you
(03-06-2018, 12:50 AM)ilovecredits Wrote: I have a question about Principles of Finance from study.com: On study.com under thomas edison transfer tab Finance 101 Principles of finance is marked as tesu FIN-200 : Intro to Finance.
Am I going after correct course that will fit into my degree plan or I need to find different course on study.com ? I was under impression i need FIN-301 for  Professional business requirements portion of BSBA GM. 

Thank you

There is no rule that the core courses have to be a certain course number (meaning UL).  The study.com course is perfectly fine for the degree (lots of people have transferred it in).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 214 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 760 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,300 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 2,703 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 773 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 422 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  HSE questions Celiics 9 1,312 10-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Celiics
  Questions about Davar Academy "Business class". qiaoyiren 11 1,803 04-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Questions about TEEX’s Death Investigation course Michelle779 3 1,700 06-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  New to the forum, couple questions. ARhead 29 4,450 03-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Last Post: ARhead