Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Ambassador
Has anyone else gotten an email from Sophia stating that "your energy around course completion caught our attention" and they wanted you to be an ambassador?

I'm trying to gauge whether they sent out the same email to everyone or if it's "only select users."

Either way the minimum age is 18 so they didn't look at my profile too closely haha.
Working on: B.S. in Liberal Arts at Excelsior University

#SophiaAmbassador

(09-15-2022, 04:02 PM)browniebo Wrote: Has anyone else gotten an email from Sophia stating that "your energy around course completion caught our attention" and they wanted you to be an ambassador?

I'm trying to gauge whether they sent out the same email to everyone or if it's "only select users."

Either way the minimum age is 18 so they didn't look at my profile too closely haha.
That's funny they reached out to someone that doesn't qualify yet.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Yes, I started to fill out the application, changed my mind about being involved halfway through and never submitted.

I later got a decline notice, but today got a reminder to join the ambassador kickoff meeting. Looks like they sent it to the wrong distribution list.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(09-15-2022, 05:03 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 04:02 PM)browniebo Wrote: Has anyone else gotten an email from Sophia stating that "your energy around course completion caught our attention" and they wanted you to be an ambassador?

That's funny they reached out to someone that doesn't qualify yet.

That's what I thought, I still have 6 months left to wait. Not sure why they wouldn't check my birth date.

(09-15-2022, 05:05 PM)jsd Wrote: Yes, I started to fill out the application, changed my mind about being involved halfway through and never submitted.

I later got a decline notice, but today got a reminder to join the ambassador kickoff meeting. Looks like they sent it to the wrong distribution list.

I wondered about that too, but I had been finishing the courses quickly so I thought hm maybe they want me anyway.

#SophiaAmbassador

Aw man, i feel left out. Maybe because I haven’t worked on my courses in a while. (While my regular classes were in session)
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
What are the benefits of being an ambassador again? Basically, for alternative credit, there are so many providers out there we already promote... I wouldn't mind being one for a college or university though, hmm...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-15-2022, 11:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: What are the benefits of being an ambassador again? Basically, for alternative credit, there are so many providers out there we already promote... I wouldn't mind being one for a college or university though, hmm...

Have the chance to be featured on our site, in blog posts, or on our social networks. We’ll share your work and the impact you are making at Sophia!

Collaborate with like-minded individuals and get access to other #SophiaAmbassadors at our monthly meetups. Help make an impact by sharing your insights with Sophia’s leadership team.

Who doesn’t like swag? Becoming an ambassador means you will get access to all sorts of Sophia goodies!

Sophia Ambassadors will receive an inside look into all the exciting things we have planned at Sophia. As a Sophia Ambassador, we will equip you with tools and content to share Sophia, the best-kept college secret, with your friends, peers, and followers.

This is the gist of what their website says, as well as what the email said. I'm thinking it'll look good on a resume as well.

#SophiaAmbassador

(09-15-2022, 11:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: What are the benefits of being an ambassador again? Basically, for alternative credit, there are so many providers out there we already promote... I wouldn't mind being one for a college or university though, hmm...

I know WGU has an alumni ambassador program. Not sure what the benefits would be beyond networking and career/professional development.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
UPDATE:

I applied to become an ambassador and mentioned my birthdate even though I'm too young because they reached out to me. I just got an email pronouncing me an official Sophia ambassador. Slightly nervous but hopefully it works out.

#SophiaAmbassador

(09-22-2022, 11:22 AM)browniebo Wrote: UPDATE:

I applied to become an ambassador and mentioned my birthdate even though I'm too young because they reached out to me. I just got an email pronouncing me an official Sophia ambassador. Slightly nervous but hopefully it works out.

Nice, congrats! It seems Sophia has big plans for growth and a lot of interesting things in the works Wink

#SophiaAmbassador

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 117 61,583 Yesterday, 08:11 PM
Last Post: sophiadiscountcodes
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 80 Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 457 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 838 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,398 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 369 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 716 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 981 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 251 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 962 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab