Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Challenge Questions. Do they count?
So I've taken nine Sophia courses so far, love them.

One thing that puzzles me, though.  Their materials and "Score Report" tell you that the Challenges (quizzes) are graded, and the Milestone (exam) questions are worth 2 points.  But when I get a question wrong on a Challenge, my score report is still 100%.  Anyone know why that is?

Thanks!
On the Challenges, you get three questions per "concept". You only have to get one of the questions correct to earn the full point for that concept.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(03-18-2020, 04:44 PM)P226mem Wrote: On the Challenges, you get three questions per "concept". You only have to get one of the questions correct to earn the full point for that concept.

Ah, I see now. I didn't realize that when you miss a question, the next one is a different question about the same concept. Once you get it right, you move on to the next concept. Got it.

Thanks!
Because sophia has classes free right now, I decided to try their US History 1. The format is a little different on it. You get three tries on the question. If you don't get it after that, you don't get the one point on that part of the challenge. mention that just in case someone comes across that style of course where it is slightly different.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Hi
Are free courses for anyone who wants to earn ACE credit? Or must you be enrolled to degree in order to take them?
Thanks
(03-20-2020, 01:58 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Hi
Are free courses for anyone who wants to earn ACE credit? Or must you be enrolled to degree in order to take them?
Thanks

Free to anyone. don't have to be enrolled in college degree seeking yet.

Thanks a lot  
Great news
FYI, these courses from Sophia.org are free currently for anyone. However, not all schools will accept this ACE for credit, the majority will. You should see if the college/university is in their list of school choices, it'll show you an equivalent transfer guide (not updated, but you know they will accept them). If not, you can get in contact with the school, some schools only accept ACE credits for service people (such as the ones in the Military, etc).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-20-2020, 03:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: FYI, these courses from Sophia.org are free currently for anyone.  However, not all schools will accept this ACE for credit, the majority will.  You should see if the college/university is in their list of school choices, it'll show you an equivalent transfer guide (not updated, but you know they will accept them).  If not, you can get in contact with the school, some schools only accept ACE credits for service people (such as the ones in the Military, etc).

I will do so
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 336 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 768 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,343 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,310 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 321 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 647 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 913 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 214 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 886 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 358 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle