Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Critical Thinking - no access
I don't have access to it.  I can get to the course from the email that they sent saying it was live, however, when I log in to my account, it is not there.  Anyone else running into this?  I have sent an email, but have had no response.
Instead of an email, try the live chat function. IIRC, it's available from approximately 8am or 9am to 3pm or 4pm, Monday through Friday. Central time, I think?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-16-2022, 10:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Instead of an email, try the live chat function. IIRC, it's available from approximately 8am or 9am to 3pm or 4pm, Monday through Friday. Central time, I think?

This is the response I received; 

Hi Charles, 

As your account is affiliated with Excelsior, you'll only see courses that Excelsior has told us they will accept for transfer. You can find that list here: https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses 

Since Critical Thinking is not on it, that is why it does not appear. We can manually add it for you if you'd like, once you have fewer than 2 active courses open, but we won't have any information on if Excelsior will accept it for credit or not. You'll need to verify that with them directly before taking the course. 

I am sure I did something to cause this.  I asked them to change it.
(11-16-2022, 11:14 AM)Bearcat999 Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 10:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Instead of an email, try the live chat function. IIRC, it's available from approximately 8am or 9am to 3pm or 4pm, Monday through Friday. Central time, I think?

This is the response I received; 

Hi Charles, 

As your account is affiliated with Excelsior, you'll only see courses that Excelsior has told us they will accept for transfer. You can find that list here: https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses 

Since Critical Thinking is not on it, that is why it does not appear. We can manually add it for you if you'd like, once you have fewer than 2 active courses open, but we won't have any information on if Excelsior will accept it for credit or not. You'll need to verify that with them directly before taking the course. 

I am sure I did something to cause this.  I asked them to change it.

Yup. This happens to a lot of people. Somehow many of us became affiliated with a college so we can only see what the college accepts. To remove the affiliation, all one needs to do is contact Sophia via the chat and they can remove the affiliation. Then all of the courses are accessible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • FastTrackDegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 127 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 592 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Peterson’s Introduces Monthly Subscription For Unlimited Access To Prep Tests BrighterFuture88 5 1,567 08-21-2019, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Has anyone taken Introduction To Critical Reasoning - TECEP? Kones 9 3,841 04-15-2019, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Murdockb