Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Eng Comp 2 - fastest turn around on graded assignment?
English Comp 1 was great... whip thru the sections, bang out some essays and turn them all in with expectations of "within 14 days" graded and done. 

English Comp 2 - not so much!   So many of the assignments are turn it in... wait 14 days... get the grade, then turn in the next assignment..... wait 14 more days.... then the next assignment.....   Very frustrating for someone who likes to work faster than that.  Of course a person can work through it all and then submit it as allowed but what is the REAL turn around that people are seeing these days for submissions and grading ? Is it really 12-14 days?   Does it help to chat up the LearningCoach to ask for a speedier turn around?

The way I see it the very fastest to get this completed if not a day was lost is about 6 week... and that is a hope and a prayer.  

Thoughts / Experiences?
I messaged them since there is no way to complete all touchstones in that timeframe, even with the 30 day extension. They must have a plan in place or in the works. If I hear back any time soon, I’ll post here, but even replies are slow since they are inundated right now.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
Yes they offered an extension to the timed allowed but that is of no help.... I need it faster than all this 14 days to grade gaps.. why would they need a gap between submitting the outline and the annotated bibliography? that alone is 2 14 day grading gaps..... then finally the essay draft.. then 14 more days and then finally the final version.. and another 14 days. I am worried that the 14 days will be longer as time goes on . That said - I am wondering how many people are really going to get too far down the line with the English Comp 2 and not lose steam or interest (esp since it is free with nothing to lose).. so maybe their load will lighten. We have a lot riding on this since CLEPS are not happening and it is no fun being this nervous over one Gen Ed class....
My plan is to take the courses that don't have assignments until after the sophia courses aren't free anymore. I'd imagine after july 31 the assignment turnaround time will get faster and faster.
[-] The following 2 users Like ARhead's post:
  • BrianFallon, rachel83az
I would gladly pay to have a faster turn around time. Daughter needs it before July 31 so she is going to keep plugging along and will also look at the TECEP and have that as a Plan B if the Sophia is taking way too long. That all said -- I am wondering how many people will really keep going with these free classes when they start getting bogged down in the long delays in between assignments. Maybe the graders load will lighten up. Meanwhile, D is also taking US History and that is looking very straightforward and easy with nothing to turn in.
I haven't experienced significant delays like others have. I think my first English Comp I essay took about a week to get graded. I submitted my "College Readiness" touchstone essay a couple of days ago (on the 3rd) and it's already back (on the 6th). So I'm thinking that a lot of people have either dropped out already or just aren't bothering with the essay ones right now. I'll save my English Comp II for a couple of months, just in case.
Free college credit is hard to beat. It's going to come with a trade-off. They're probably overwhelmed. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm grateful and thankful because---let's be real here... they don't have to do this and they're one of the more expensive credit providers.
[-] The following 3 users Like indigoshuffle's post:
  • alab21, ARhead, rachel83az
(05-06-2020, 12:37 AM)yokopilar Wrote: English Comp 1 was great... whip thru the sections, bang out some essays and turn them all in with expectations of "within 14 days" graded and done. 
My twins are currently doing Eng Comp I and we turned in the first paper last Monday.  One of them received their grade last Friday but the other is still waiting.  I really think, in general, it just depends on which grader you get.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • alab21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 434 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 891 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,147 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 116 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 507 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,440 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 747 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,001 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 261 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 996 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab