Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Eng Comp I and II Completion Time
Since Excelsior doesn’t take CLEP I have to complete these two courses. Based on people’s feedback on the long wait time on grading, could I 1. complete these courses by Oct 10 and 2. would it be too much of a workload to do these courses at the same time if I sign up today? I’m in a rush to graduate in Dec.
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
(08-08-2020, 03:24 PM)mrskitty Wrote: Since Excelsior doesn’t take CLEP I have to complete these two courses. Based on people’s feedback on the long wait time on grading, could I 1. complete these courses by Oct 10 and 2. would it be too much of a workload to do these courses at the same time if I sign up today? I’m in a rush to graduate in Dec.

We finished English 1 last month.  Grading sometimes was quick and other times took 3 weeks.  Now we have turned in the first 2 papers of English 2 last Tuesday.  Each of my twins has received a grade on one paper (the first paper is graded for  one twin and the second paper has been graded for the second twin).  I think Sophia graders probably caught up a bit but.....you just never know.  You can just start working on the papers now but you can't turn them in until the lessons are done.  I will say, in English 2, there are only quizzes.  No chapter exams and no finals.  Just lots and lots (and lots) of writing. 7 papers in all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(08-08-2020, 03:33 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 03:24 PM)mrskitty Wrote: Since Excelsior doesn’t take CLEP I have to complete these two courses. Based on people’s feedback on the long wait time on grading, could I 1. complete these courses by Oct 10 and 2. would it be too much of a workload to do these courses at the same time if I sign up today? I’m in a rush to graduate in Dec.

We finished English 1 last month.  Grading sometimes was quick and other times took 3 weeks.  Now we have turned in the first 2 papers of English 2 last Tuesday.  Each of my twins has received a grade on one paper (the first paper is graded for  one twin and the second paper has been graded for the second twin).  I think Sophia graders probably caught up a bit but.....you just never know.  You can just start working on the papers now but you can't turn them in until the lessons are done.  I will say, in English 2, there are only quizzes.  No chapter exams and no finals.  Just lots and lots (and lots) of writing. 7 papers in all.
Thank you for the feedback. Do you suggest to take one at a time?
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
My assignment grading times with both courses was fairly reasonable. With English 1 i made the mistake of waiting for one assignment to be graded before start working in next one, this made the times longer. In the other hand English 1 allows to send any (but 1) assignment at any time, English 2 force you to wait for one assignment to be graded before you can send the other.

I think it is possible to finishi both courses before oct 10, but you need to work on them everyday and also some luck because as TwinMom reports sometimes grading times became weird (I have not experienced it, but some have reported it).
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
(08-08-2020, 04:13 PM)mrskitty Wrote: Thank you for the feedback. Do you suggest to take one at a time?

I would personally.  I don't see the advantage of taking both.  The time you would spend writing something for English 2 you could have finished another paper on English 1. There is only 1 paper in Eng. 1 that you have to get back before you can finish the second part which is a revision.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 419 7 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 880 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,011 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 111 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 499 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,432 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 738 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 257 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 990 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab