Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Retake Policy?
I'm still waiting on a response from Sophia.org but I figured I would ask here as well. Is anyone here familiar with Sophia.org's course retake policy?

I am asking in advance because I plan on taking Statistics with them. I did bad on the ALEKS Stats initial assessment so math is not exactly a strong suit for me. I was just doing ALEKS Stats to get elective credit, I ditched it in the name of saving time. Recently, when I switched my major to Business then Stats became a requirement of my degree. 

I found one post on this site where Sophia did allow one Milestone to be retaken. It seems like they will "work with you" however, I am not sure if they have an official policy on retaking an entire course? Straighterline will be happy to take your money again if you wait 3 business days after failing a course. I like the Sophia platform so I would prefer to take it with them.

I don't plan on failing Stats at Sophia but it would be nice to know their policy if you fail an entire course with them and wish to retake it.

Thanks.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
I'm not sure about your original question but the phoenix.sophia site still has foundations of statistics for free. I think that would be an excellent way to prep for the intro to stats class for free and get familiar with their specific content/format without risking money or failure.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • AwardTour
(10-04-2018, 01:55 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I'm not sure about your original question but the phoenix.sophia site still has foundations of statistics for free. I think that would be an excellent way to prep for the intro to stats class for free and get familiar with their specific content/format without risking money or failure.

Thanks for telling me, I will do that. 

Just curious, do you have an opinion on Saylor's material for Stats as a prep source? btw..I don't seem to hear them being talked about as much anymore beyond being a source for computer science credit. Thanks again.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(10-04-2018, 02:07 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 01:55 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I'm not sure about your original question but the phoenix.sophia site still has foundations of statistics for free. I think that would be an excellent way to prep for the intro to stats class for free and get familiar with their specific content/format without risking money or failure.

Thanks for telling me, I will do that. 

Just curious, do you have an opinion on Saylor's material for Stats as a prep source? btw..I don't seem to hear them being talked about as much anymore beyond being a source for computer science credit. Thanks again.

I haven't used saylor for anything yet but I heard their stats course was a little rough. 
I did notice that Crash Course has a stats series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zouPoc49...AdWRnmBUcr
I have found the crash course videos to be pretty good in general.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-04-2018, 01:40 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I'm still waiting on a response from Sophia.org but I figured I would ask here as well. Is anyone here familiar with Sophia.org's course retake policy?

I am asking in advance because I plan on taking Statistics with them. I did bad on the ALEKS Stats initial assessment so math is not exactly a strong suit for me. I was just doing ALEKS Stats to get elective credit, I ditched it in the name of saving time. Recently, when I switched my major to Business then Stats became a requirement of my degree. 

I found one post on this site where Sophia did allow one Milestone to be retaken. It seems like they will "work with you" however, I am not sure if they have an official policy on retaking an entire course? Straighterline will be happy to take your money again if you wait 3 business days after failing a course. I like the Sophia platform so I would prefer to take it with them.

I don't plan on failing Stats at Sophia but it would be nice to know their policy if you fail an entire course with them and wish to retake it.

Thanks.

Sophia's retake policy allows a student to retake a previously incomplete or failed course one time.  The student must wait 30 days from the last date of course participation before retaking the course. Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WallaceT's post:
  • scorpion
(10-10-2018, 11:09 AM)WallaceT Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 01:40 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I'm still waiting on a response from Sophia.org but I figured I would ask here as well. Is anyone here familiar with Sophia.org's course retake policy?

Thanks.

Sophia's retake policy allows a student to retake a previously incomplete or failed course one time.  The student must wait 30 days from the last date of course participation before retaking the course. Thank you.

Thanks for making your first post on this website a response to answering my question. I remember speaking with someone named Wallace at Sophia.org, you work for Sophia, right?

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(10-12-2018, 08:11 AM)Supermind Wrote: I just completed 3 LL Psychology courses on Study.com. I found the finals not so difficult. I only found the wording a bit tricky and not so easy to follow in some questions. But otherwise, it was good. As everyone here is advising, if you did well on the quizzes, you shouldn’t have problems in the finals.

This thread is about Sophia, not sure why you keep posting random information in unrelated threads.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes zzzz24's post:
  • AwardTour
(10-12-2018, 08:11 AM)Supermind Wrote: I just completed 3 LL Psychology courses on Study.com. I found the finals not so difficult. I only found the wording a bit tricky and not so easy to follow in some questions. But otherwise, it was good. As everyone here is advising, if you did well on the quizzes, you shouldn’t have problems in the finals.

We are not talking about Study.com, we are discussing Sophia's retake policy. There are a number of creative spammers and bots that have been shut down on this website. 

Their posts are deleted before most people even notice.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
I called and they scheduled mine a week later. I explained to the guy in the phone that proctored test make me nervous (I don't like people watching me do things) and he asked me when I would feel comfortable taking it I asked for a week and they gave me that week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(10-20-2018, 11:00 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I called and they scheduled mine a week later. I explained to the guy in the phone that proctored test make me nervous (I don't like people watching me do things) and he asked me when I would feel comfortable taking it I asked for a week and they gave me that week.

Are you talking about Sophia, what company did you speak with on the phone??? Whether you take a proctored Final Milestone or using the keyboard bio-metric option, the Final Test does not count towards your grade. However, you still must score 50% or above I believe (I have not failed one yet, knock on wood).

All of the classes I have taken with Sophia have been non-proctored because of their bio-metric keyboard option. If you are nervous about being proctored then why are you not using Sophia's keyboard bio-metric option????

(10-20-2018, 11:00 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I called and they scheduled mine a week later. I explained to the guy in the phone that proctored test make me nervous (I don't like people watching me do things) and he asked me when I would feel comfortable taking it I asked for a week and they gave me that week.

This is odd, I dont see my response. Okay, apologies if I accidentally double post this.

Are you talking about Sophia, what company did you speak with on the phone??? Whether you take a proctored Final Milestone or using the keyboard bio-metric option, the Final Test does not count towards your grade. However, you still must score 50% or above I believe (I have not failed one yet, knock on wood).

All of the classes I have taken with Sophia have been non-proctored because of their bio-metric keyboard option. If you are nervous about being proctored then why are you not using Sophia's keyboard bio-metric option????

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 429 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 890 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,121 04-23-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 116 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 502 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,438 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 744 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,000 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 260 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 993 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab