Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia to COSC
(04-13-2020, 11:58 AM)MomtoB Wrote: Hi there,

My 14yo is potentially looking to do an AS from COSC.

What are the classes we need to take from Sophia or Arizona State Univ to check off reqs needed for COSC while still free?

Am thinking Eng 1/2
Global Understanding - World Rel only option?
Literature/ Fine Arts - is Art History only option? Think my son will shoot me lol
Second Science with lab - best option there or is it straightliner or saylor?

Also what is the difference between an AA and AS, not seeing much clear direction on the COSC page.

Classes working now:
Calc for Eng - ASU (3)
Intro Statistics - Sophia (3)
Public Speaking - Sophia (3)

Classes completed (20):
US Hist 1/2 - Duel Enrollment (6)
Env Sci - Sophia (3)
College Readiness - Sophia (3)
Cyber - TEEX (6)
Scuba - PADI (2)

Thank you
Would a personal nutrition class with a lab work? 99% sure that they're offered by community colleges in Arizona.
(04-13-2020, 03:12 PM)LongRoad Wrote:

What are the classes we need to take from Sophia or Arizona State Univ to check off reqs needed for COSC while still free?

Am thinking Eng 1/2
Literature/ Fine Arts - is Art History only option? Think my son will shoot me lol

Also what is the difference between an AA and AS, not seeing much clear direction on the COSC page.

Classes working now:
Calc for Eng - ASU (3)

Classes completed (20):
Env Sci - Sophia (3)
Cyber - TEEX (6)
Scuba - PADI (2)

Thank you
Would a personal nutrition class with a lab work? 99% sure that they're offered by community colleges in Arizona.

Straighterline and Study both have nutrition courses and you can pair it with a Nutrition Lab from Rio Salado (online)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

So what are the Assoc of Sci requirements? Is there no number of math or science you have to take, just anything then?

We only did DE history because it was free through the high school - the Science lab we'll do straightliner then probably. Is visual communications counts, we'll do that one.

Is there an Ethics requirement as well? What to take for that?
sophia has an ethics. yes cosc has an ethics requirement in the gen ed. sophia should be accepted for that.

Here is a link to the Associate of Science pages.
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...associate/

It will tell you that you need to do the Gen Eds. And those requirements (including the number of math and science) is listed here
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ements.php
if I'm reading that correctly, you need 3 math. and 7 sciences (which includes one lab) (unless you're in MN then read the fine print there)
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(04-13-2020, 03:12 PM)LongRoad Wrote:

Am thinking Eng 1/2

Classes working now:
Calc for Eng - ASU (3)

Classes completed (20):
Env Sci - Sophia (3)
Cyber - TEEX (6)
Scuba - PADI (2)

Thank you
was hoping to do as many free as possible for now.

Am thinking Eng 1/2

Classes working now:
Calc for Eng - ASU (3)

Classes completed (20):
Env Sci - Sophia (3)
Cyber - TEEX (6)
Scuba - PADI (2)

Thank you

COSC allows 14 yr olds? What is the minimum age? I will get my son started as well. I’ve been wanting him to take CSM Learn as his first course

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
[-] The following 1 user Likes cwendy111's post:
  • Clepper43
cwendy111

I think the minimum age for COSC is 16. But, as far as I know, you can still get your ACE transcript credits going before that and just wait.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 3 users Like P226mem's post:
  • Clepper43, cwendy111, SteveFoerster
(04-15-2020, 12:57 PM)P226mem Wrote: I think the minimum age for COSC is 16.  But, as far as I know,  you can still get your ACE transcript credits going before that and just wait.

You can, and that's what my youngest, now 15, is doing. Also, my 20 year old is amassing credit before bothering to apply, and maybe a lot of it. There's no rush.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • cwendy111, Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 862 5 hours ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,786 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 100 Yesterday, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 483 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,416 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 379 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 730 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 990 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 254 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 974 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab