Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specific Exam Feedback for Study.com?
I've noticed that there isn't really any specific exam feedback posts for study.com. I'm sure that is because the exam feedback is more for DSST and CLEP because people use instantcert for those right?

I'm wondering if it would be alright to start making specific exam feedback threads for Study.com courses. Would we post them on this discussion section?
Are you thinking, as in when it's used as a resource to study for CLEPs or DSSTs or Saylor or just when it's used for testing within study.com? I would be glad to review what I've taken. I've taken four exams this month but all from them - not using them to study for other test formats. In general, on each course I followed the same method. I watched the videos (sometimes - I also just read transcripts some of the time too), took notes, made sure I had 100 on all quizzes. I also checked myself on all the chapter practice tests and the final practice test. I reviewed the flashcards a lot. In all cases I got almost exactly the same score on the practice final as on the actual final (one was exact). I'm taking Oral Communications now. The quizzes and material are ridiculously easy but I haven't submitted the speeches yet. It's the first one where there is a project.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
gremlinbrawler Wrote:I've noticed that there isn't really any specific exam feedback posts for study.com. I'm sure that is because the exam feedback is more for DSST and CLEP because people use instantcert for those right?

I'm wondering if it would be alright to start making specific exam feedback threads for Study.com courses. Would we post them on this discussion section?

It's because Study.com is a course, rather than just an exam. You have to go through the course, and I'm assuming that you study for the exam as you go, there are no outside sources you need to use to complete the courses there.

The specific exam feedback is for people who want to take an exam only, and want some info on what was used to help prepare people to pass. CLEP, DSST, UExcel, TECEP, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
rlw74 Wrote:Are you thinking, as in when it's used as a resource to study for CLEPs or DSSTs or Saylor or just when it's used for testing within study.com? I would be glad to review what I've taken. I've taken four exams this month but all from them - not using them to study for other test formats. In general, on each course I followed the same method. I watched the videos (sometimes - I also just read transcripts some of the time too), took notes, made sure I had 100 on all quizzes. I also checked myself on all the chapter practice tests and the final practice test. I reviewed the flashcards a lot. In all cases I got almost exactly the same score on the practice final as on the actual final (one was exact). I'm taking Oral Communications now. The quizzes and material are ridiculously easy but I haven't submitted the speeches yet. It's the first one where there is a project.

I was originally thinking that it would be used as feedback of how the course was for those taking it for credit through study.com but feedback on how they are when used to study for other tests would be really helpful too! Thanks for your feedback, I'm about to take Oral Communications in a couple weeks so that's very helpful to know. I've received some really helpful feedback on Study.com courses from people on here. I'll start posting my individual experiences from each of my Study.com courses as I do them and hopefully it's helpful and others can contribute. I think it's especially nice if you are using study.com for free electives or if you have a choice between some of their courses to know things like the difficulty of the quizzes, comparison between practice test and actual test and so on.
I posted feedback in this sub-forum for the Study.com's I have taken.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 158 3 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,488 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,633 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,300 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 764 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 344 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 370 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 344 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,044 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,917 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly