Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed of graduating COSC
Assuming one would transfer in all of the credits except the cornerstone and capstone to COSC, how fast could one graduate? Can you take both of those simultaneously? How many weeks do they take? How often do they start?
With everything else complete and assuming you start in Fall or Spring term 1 you could finish in one full Semester. You can't take the classes together, but they are only 8 weeks a piece.

Unfortunately, I started in summer term 1 and can't take the capstone until Fall term 2.

Cornerstone is offered every semester and the normal capstone is offered Fall 2, Spring 2 and Summer 1 and 2 (the summer semesters overlap)
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
I think cookderosa had an issue with her son - he couldn't get his intended major approved, or something like that, and it ended up taking more than 1 term to get everything squared away. I can't remember the exact problem, but I know that it added a term to his costs.

So, I would say that if you do the 114cr, and apply, and it's something simple like something already listed on their website as an option, or it's something set in stone like a BSBA, then you will probably be ok. If it's something where it's going to take some time to work through, you might be better off getting things solidified with them in terms of your capstone before you enroll.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
Charter Oak

Cornerstone: 8 weeks, can take any time, only prereq is English 1. Offered every term. 3 credits.

Capstone for students majoring in any of the following: Liberal Arts, Individualized Studies, Math, Science, or Technology: capstone is two parts, First part is 1 credit and 5 weeks long and the second part is 2 credits and 10 weeks. So 15 weeks total. This is not offered every term and you can't take them both at once. You also can't take either one of them at the same time as the cornerstone. You need to have most of your degree done before enrolling.

Capstone for Business: 8 weeks long, 3 credits, you need to have most of your degree done before enrolling in it. You can't do it at the same time as the Cornerstone. Not offered every term.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • cookderosa
A capstone is not a math thing i think? I thought it was a big paper with research?
(08-02-2019, 02:46 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: A capstone is not a math thing i think? I thought it was a big paper with research?

It isn't I just was saying it was for students majoring in liberal arts, math, science or technology.
Im so sorry. I thought you mean subjects in the capstone.
(08-02-2019, 02:27 PM)natshar Wrote: Charter Oak

Cornerstone: 8 weeks, can take any time, only prereq is English 1. Offered every term. 3 credits.

Capstone for students majoring in any of the following: Liberal Arts, Individualized Studies, Math, Science, or Technology: capstone is two parts, First part is 1 credit and 5 weeks long and the second part is 2 credits and 10 weeks. So 15 weeks total. This is not offered every term and you can't take them both at once. You also can't take either one of them at the same time as the cornerstone. You need to have most of your degree done before enrolling.

Capstone for Business: 8 weeks long, 3 credits, you need to have most of your degree done before enrolling in it. You can't do it at the same time as the Cornerstone. Not offered every term.

Yep, this.

He enrolled as a Business student but then I found enough courses for him to do Hospitality (his occupation) but it took time to get that approved- so if you're doing individualized study, it will require some steps in sequence that can add time, and you will have to pay at least your deposit before they'll start working with you. We had to pay his fee, and then his advisor worked with his classes. I can't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't super fast.
My son finished his Cornerstone while trying to work on his other Studycom courses but PAUSED his Studycom account to instead focus on the graded (and much harder) Cornerstone. Long story short, he finished his Cornerstone and resumed his Studycom courses but he didn't have enough credits to qualify at that point to register for his Capstone by the deadline - which is several months before the class starts.
Forgive me for not remembering the exact dates/sequence, but I think you can line this up pretty well as long as you're already mapped out for your classes and don't need individualized study approval. Additionally, the 2-part capstone is a big pain and has added a full semester of down time that we've had to pay for before he can register.

Edit to add- it's a couple hundred bucks, so not a huge cost, but I really really wanted him to do his Capstone the August semester, and now he can't start until January. It's the 6 months of downtime that I'm annoyed about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,681 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,643 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,163 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,620 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso