Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Session 2 Updates
(03-16-2021, 03:33 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 03:05 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:57 PM)ashkir Wrote: My grades are coming in for Term 1 woooo https://nickpic.host/image/lsbt3m

Great job! What classes are you still waiting on grades for? All of mine came in. Last one came in this morning. I still have no idea how I ended up with some of my grades. I mean I know I did the work, but it's mind blowing the grades I earned. 

I don't see a grade for Business Policy and Strategy, Business Analytics, Financial management, LEadership, Managerial Accounting, or Intermediate Business Computing yet. I'm pretty sure Finance will come in as a B, the rest most likely some sort of A.

How many classes did you complete? 12?
(03-16-2021, 06:17 PM)cmilstead9 Wrote: Day two and three courses down !!!! This is awesome BIO 105 is taking a while because of the labs and waiting for the Kit but my next course should be in tomorrow AM

I'm still a bit disappointed they won't take Sophia's biology as the credit for the GEC.

Do you know what the labs are dealing with? I'm afraid it might contain bacteria or viruses for lab, I know some colleges deal with that, my local CC required a blood sample for their biology class along with some dissections (which I have yet to take). Do they charge for the kit?
UMPI accepted my Aleks PreCalc today as MAT 121. I asked them to add it to the transcript in case in the future I need to prove I took PreCalc.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
Taking COM 210 (Oral Communications) and BUS 200 (Fundamentals of Technology).

I feel a bit lost. The platform is easy to adapt to, but I am still trying to figure out how to present WIP for evaluation for the final. Someone stated to submit it early on so you can easily move forward on your final paper/project or whatnot. The 11-page requirements intimidate me.

The good news is they gave my TESU SOS 110 as credit for their ENG 121. On Monday when reading the syllabus, I contacted my advisor and told her about this class. I was asked to submit their syllabus, final project instructions, and instructor feedback. I submitted all of that as well as my final and they accepted it. I am very pleased.
Talked to my academic advisor this morning to find out how long it takes for my degree to be conferred. It usually takes about a month. I'm totally impatient. LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • crotique
(03-16-2021, 09:25 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:17 PM)cmilstead9 Wrote: Day two and three courses down !!!! This is awesome BIO 105 is taking a while because of the labs and waiting for the Kit but my next course should be in tomorrow AM

I'm still a bit disappointed they won't take Sophia's biology as the credit for the GEC.

Do you know what the labs are dealing with? I'm afraid it might contain bacteria or viruses for lab, I know some colleges deal with that, my local CC required a blood sample for their biology class along with some dissections (which I have yet to take). Do they charge for the kit?
Found out more. The lab kit includes owl feces pellet, which typically includes a rodent skeleton. I sent a message to Cedars-Sinai to make sure it's safe. Jessica and the Professor are working together to make sure it is something safe that I can do due to being on anti-rejections and chemo. 
(03-17-2021, 09:10 AM)crotique Wrote: Taking COM 210 (Oral Communications) and BUS 200 (Fundamentals of Technology).

I feel a bit lost. The platform is easy to adapt to, but I am still trying to figure out how to present WIP for evaluation for the final. Someone stated to submit it early on so you can easily move forward on your final paper/project or whatnot.  The 11-page requirements intimidate me.

The good news is they gave my TESU SOS 110 as credit for their ENG 121. On Monday when reading the syllabus, I contacted my advisor and told her about this class. I was asked to submit their syllabus, final project instructions, and instructor feedback. I submitted all of that as well as my final and they accepted it. I am very pleased.
Ooh that's awesome. They took Conflict Resolution and Communication at work as BUS 210 to fulfill the COM 210 requirement for me.

Fundamentals of Technology was the LONGEST project I had at UMPI. The rest are easier!
(03-17-2021, 10:52 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Talked to my academic advisor this morning to find out how long it takes for my degree to be conferred. It usually takes about a month. I'm totally impatient. LOL
WOOOO! I'm gonna be emailing the MAOL email shortly to accept the spot as when I spoke to my bosses and af ew other business leaders here, they suggested I stick to the University of Maine as it "shows loyalty" which means a lot in the business world especially with my resume of working at the same company and moving through the ranks. UMass isn't huge where I am. I was told it's a rare trait and being able to pair that together with my university would give me a unique advantage. Shea is on maternity leave so there's a new contact email for us now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • crotique
Heard back from my doctor, they definitely do not want me to be dissecting the pellet. I communicated this to UMPI
(03-17-2021, 01:02 PM)ashkir Wrote: Heard back from my doctor, they definitely do not want me to be dissecting the pellet. I communicated this to UMPI

I know the mascot is the snow owl, but I really never imagined the lab would include owl turds. LOL Not sad I missed that one. I transferred in a geology lab course. I'd rather play with rocks than turds. I'm sure UMPI will work with you about this. I can't imagine investigating owl poo is something someone on chemo with a heart transplant should be doing. I wonder what they do for the international students. I can't imagine them shipping owl poo overseas would go over well. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • jch, Pikachu
Wow, yeah, biological materials generally cannot be shipped to another country. I don't see any specific prohibitions for Canada: https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ce_003.htm#ep7820289 The UK might prohibit it under 'waste/dirt/filth' or 'animal remains': https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/tz_018.htm#ep6534449 Japan might count it as a "meat product" but I don't know: https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/il_010.htm#ep1628203

Look for your country of interest in this list: https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immctry.htm
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
If they want an owl pellet (by the way isn't that more like what's thrown up instead of other?) dissection and medically you aren't cleared, you might ask if they'd let you do virtual dissections if they don't waive that lab altogether.
here's one https://www.newpathonline.com/free-curri...13,14/1814
and another
https://kidwings.com/project/virtual-pellet/
might take some time to load. used one of those virtual labs back in homeschool days until we bought a owl pellet dissection kit from homesciencetools.com (I don't know about shipping restrictions)

That may not apply to many on this forum, but just in case it would help.....
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,423 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 850 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to school Spring...next week. Terrified ender5803 8 652 01-11-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: ender5803
  Will all the courses be offered every session? sdw1243 2 419 08-29-2023, 11:58 AM
  Can't start this session, super bummed.. lllunchbox 13 1,018 08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Upcoming Session wj123 3 450 08-17-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: wj123
  Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 140 14,523 08-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: thestudyguy
  Dean's List for Summer Session? klone 2 408 07-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course Offerings Per Session Infinite-Telephone52 4 674 06-11-2023, 02:29 PM
  Got my Grades for Spring II term!! joshua27 25 1,877 05-17-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Pancman237