Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting UL TESU will these SDC classes fulfill?
I applied to TESU yesterday and sent all my transcripts. While I am waiting to hear back from them, I would like to continue working on my classes. 
I am considering taking some upper level classes through Study.com. I hope to get a BALS degree without a concentration. Could anyone tell me if the following Study.com classes would fulfill:  Section A of the Area of Study?

Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology

History 306: The American Civil War

Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality

Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System

Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology

If not, any suggestions as to what will?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
(07-23-2020, 12:04 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: I applied to TESU yesterday and sent all my transcripts. While I am waiting to hear back from them, I would like to continue working on my classes. 
I am considering taking some upper level classes through Study.com. I hope to get a BALS degree without a concentration. Could anyone tell me if the following Study.com classes would fulfill:  Section A of the Area of Study?

Thanks

Cammilyn,

Welcome to TESU... I'm finally buckled down and took my first course with them in June... so far, no complaints other than depending on what youre studying, you may find yourself spending more time on youtube or outside resources than the actual course material- other than that just stay on top of your deadlines... weeks seem to pass incredibly fast when assignments are due...

Here is a link to what transfers from SDC to TESU... 

https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html 

Best advice I can give you, is stick to exactly what transfers and you'll have fewer headaches- I had to do some arm twisting for a few courses, but it really depends on who you're dealing with that day, just pack some patience when it comes to working with the school.

Good luck and welcome!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CableGuy98's post:
  • Cammilynn
(07-23-2020, 12:24 PM)CableGuy98 Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 12:04 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: I applied to TESU yesterday and sent all my transcripts. While I am waiting to hear back from them, I would like to continue working on my classes. 

Thanks

Cammilyn,

Welcome to TESU... I'm finally buckled down and took my first course with them in June... so far, no complaints other than depending on what youre studying, you may find yourself spending more time on youtube or outside resources than the actual course material- other than that just stay on top of your deadlines... weeks seem to pass incredibly fast when assignments are due...

Here is a link to what transfers from SDC to TESU... 

Best advice I can give you, is stick to exactly what transfers and you'll have fewer headaches- I had to do some arm twisting for a few courses, but it really depends on who you're dealing with that day, just pack some patience when it comes to working with the school.

Good luck and welcome!
Great! Thanks for the warm wishes. I got the above courses off the transfer guide. I guess I'm just double checking. I will get started on these now I guess. Thanks for the heads up about the course material. I will keep your suggestions in mind. 

Good luck to you as well!!!
All of those you listed should work for UL BALS (option A no concentration). You'll want courses that fit into the Humanities and Social Sciences category as seen in Gen Ed requirements (or similar to those shown. It's more about similar department areas is my point.) That opens up some possibilities with SDC to use courses that transfer in as English (advanced technical writing 305 for one example), Communications, Sociology (such as sociology of work), and some select business courses that transfer over as Psych or Communication. And although I didn't use this course personally, something like Business 305 at SDC transfers in as MAN 376, which shows up in humanities side of Gen Ed, so it should work. When in doubt, I get pre approval using email request to academic advising.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Cammilynn
Here you go....

This link lists every course that transfers to TESU and what it transfers in as. Good luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Cammilynn
(07-23-2020, 01:51 PM)P226mem Wrote: All of those you listed should work for UL BALS (option A no concentration).  You'll want courses that fit into the Humanities and Social Sciences category as seen in Gen Ed requirements  (or similar to those shown. It's more about similar department areas is my point.)  That opens up some possibilities with SDC to use courses that transfer in as English (advanced technical writing 305 for one example), Communications, Sociology (such as sociology of work), and some select business courses that transfer over as Psych or Communication.  And although I didn't use this course personally, something like Business 305 at SDC transfers in as MAN 376, which shows up in humanities side of Gen Ed, so it should work.   When in doubt, I get pre approval using email request to academic advising.

Thanks! I received an email from my assigned advisor today. I replied back and asked her about these courses. Like you said when in doubt..! Hopefully I will hear back from her soon. You guys on this board are awesome!!! I really, really appreciate the info.

(07-23-2020, 03:11 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Here you go....

This link lists every course that transfers to TESU and what it transfers in as. Good luck!

Awesome, thanks!!!

YES, THESE WILL ALL WORK

Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology PSY-401

History 306: The American Civil War HIS-450

Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality [b]PSY-352[/b]

Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System AOJ-364

Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology [b]PSY-400[/b]

Thanks
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Cammilynn
(07-24-2020, 01:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

YES, THESE WILL ALL WORK

Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology PSY-401

History 306: The American Civil War HIS-450

Psychology 310: Psychology of Personality [b]PSY-352[/b]

Criminal Justice 305: The Juvenile Justice System AOJ-364

Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology [b]PSY-400[/b]

Thanks

Thank you! I appreciate this!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch