Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting at UMPI
I'm still in the planning phase. Started exploring TESU, but wanted to take more advantage of financial aid if possible and now I'm looking forward to a potentially cheaper overall YourPace BABA. These are some questions I have starting out...

Can you use financial aid towards the UMPI YourPace programs?

For their YourPace programs do you pay for each session at the start of the session?

Are there any fees for enrolling after applying like for TESUs Med Term TECEP enrollment?

Are their additional steps for transferring credits from Credly if there's no early formal enrollment prior to registering for a YourPace program?

Is their a link to verify sophia/clep and other courses for their degree catalog?

Sorry that's a lot! If there are links I will explore whatever I can!
Current: UMPI YourPace competency-based BABA, Management & Leadership Concentration, Project Management and Management of Information Systems Minors. Starting with 15 RA credits previously earned in community college. Took the CSM Learn course. Now going through Sophia courses.
Goal: Walden TEMPO competency-based MBA.
Timeline: Started planning mid 2021. Finish both, Jan 2023. A year and a half total, including planning. Started planning on TESU, but was advised towards UMPI to take advantage of financial aid. I'm now excited to finish completely competency-based.
Fun fact: I sometimes use TV as a productivity toolOne episode per chapter, load of dishes, or basket of laundry!
Thanks to everyone, and happy studying!  Smile
UMPI does accept financial aid. You're billed for the terms you register for in advance. You need to pay for the full semester if you're registered for classes in both terms. That's how my bill was set up this semester and I'm self paying. There are no other fees. It's literally $1400 per term. No books either.

I used Parchment for my Sophia transcripts.

You'll need to use this forum's wiki page or my posts or ashkir's posts about what transfers. We generally recommend Sophia over CLEP. Many courses on Sophia can be completed in a few days at home with easy, open book testing.

Which BABA are you looking to complete?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
I know you said you are in the planning stage, but UMPi is different than other places like TESU. IT is best to wait to apply until you've racked up almost all of your needed credits . You will have to take a minimum of 30 credits with Umpi and possibly more due to major specifics/ Upper level requirements.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ann7's post:
  • schristian10
(10-06-2021, 04:15 PM)schristian10 Wrote: I'm still in the planning phase. Started exploring TESU, but wanted to take more advantage of financial aid if possible and now I'm looking forward to a potentially cheaper overall YourPace BABA. These are some questions I have starting out...

Can you use financial aid towards the UMPI YourPace programs?

For their YourPace programs do you pay for each session at the start of the session?

Are there any fees for enrolling after applying like for TESUs Med Term TECEP enrollment?

Are their additional steps for transferring credits from Credly if there's no early formal enrollment prior to registering for a YourPace program?

Is their a link to verify sophia/clep and other courses for their degree catalog?

Sorry that's a lot! If there are links I will explore whatever I can!

I am currently a student at Yourpace. I got finacial help via FAFSA. They covered all my tuition and sent me a check with the leftover money ($400). I also received $1500 Today from the HEERFIII fund. So yes, financial help is available for Your pace programs.
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Federicojavier's post:
  • schristian10
(10-06-2021, 07:16 PM)Federicojavier Wrote: I am currently a student at Yourpace. I got finacial help via FAFSA. They covered all my tuition and sent me a check with the leftover money ($400). I also received $1500 Today from the HEERFIII fund. So yes, financial help is available for Your pace programs.

So you basically earned $1900 for being a student. Sweet.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(10-06-2021, 07:55 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 07:16 PM)Federicojavier Wrote: I am currently a student at Yourpace. I got finacial help via FAFSA. They covered all my tuition and sent me a check with the leftover money ($400). I also received $1500 Today from the HEERFIII fund. So yes, financial help is available for Your pace programs.

So you basically earned $1900 for being a student. Sweet.

Big Grin Correct.
NO WAY! You got paid to go to school? Haha, that's amazing! <thinking of how to hack this a similar way>
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-06-2021, 08:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: NO WAY! You got paid to go to school? Haha, that's amazing! <thinking of how to hack this a similar way>

The trick is to be poor. If I can be poor, anybody can. HaHa Big Grin
(10-06-2021, 05:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI does accept financial aid. You're billed for the terms you register for in advance. You need to pay for the full semester if you're registered for classes in both terms. That's how my bill was set up this semester and I'm self paying. There are no other fees. It's literally $1400 per term. No books either.

I used Parchment for my Sophia transcripts.

You'll need to use this forum's wiki page or my posts or ashkir's posts about what transfers. We generally recommend Sophia over CLEP. Many courses on Sophia can be completed in a few days at home with easy, open book testing.

Which BABA are you looking to complete?

Management and Leadership. I was originally going to go for the TESU BSBA in Finance.

If it's $1400 per session (2 months), are there two terms/sessions per semester, meaning it's $2800 in advance per semester?

How does Parchment compare to Credly?

Thank you!

(10-06-2021, 09:00 PM)Federicojavier Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 08:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: NO WAY! You got paid to go to school? Haha, that's amazing! <thinking of how to hack this a similar way>

The trick is to be poor. If I can be poor, anybody can. HaHa Big Grin

Not for long! haha
Current: UMPI YourPace competency-based BABA, Management & Leadership Concentration, Project Management and Management of Information Systems Minors. Starting with 15 RA credits previously earned in community college. Took the CSM Learn course. Now going through Sophia courses.
Goal: Walden TEMPO competency-based MBA.
Timeline: Started planning mid 2021. Finish both, Jan 2023. A year and a half total, including planning. Started planning on TESU, but was advised towards UMPI to take advantage of financial aid. I'm now excited to finish completely competency-based.
Fun fact: I sometimes use TV as a productivity toolOne episode per chapter, load of dishes, or basket of laundry!
Thanks to everyone, and happy studying!  Smile
@OP, you want to take advantage of transferring the max amount of 90 credits and not take more than 30 credits at UMPI. So, for your lower level take more Sophia.org & MS/CLEP combo. For your upper level requirements, take them at UMPI, for your language take the ICC Spanish and the science, take the Study.com Biology & Lab
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • schristian10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,350 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 425 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 309 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 284 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 411 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,561 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 325 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 307 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 342 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 505 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az