Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting back up
(06-19-2021, 11:51 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: *ding* *ding* haha, that's awesome!  You're good to go my friend!  Now, I am still waiting on the final notes, i just really want to see what messages you have... it tells the story.

I will update when I hear back from them and see how they bring over Organizational Behavior.  If it comes in as UL, I would then only one more UL class as I believe one of the Accy classes from SL will be UL along with the Management class I already have there.  Waiting patiently to hear back from them and see what they decide.

(06-19-2021, 11:56 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The main issue is going to be whether you're still in the 2015 catalog, and if everything still comes in the same.  I would make sure to get an updated evaluation once you know that.

Transfer in the SL and PF courses - although PF won't matter I don't think.

Then, go to Study.com and do:
FIN 104: Financial Management
BUS 120: International Business
Any UL Marketing or Finance course (MARK 303: Global Marketing and FIN 302: International Finance will have some overlap with BUS 120, and FIN 302 may have some overlap with FIN 104)

That should get you your Finance requirement, your International Business requirement, and your final UL course in the 3rd area (ACC and MAN are covered).

You should be done at that point.

I think the only thing left as a military student is that you either need 24cr at TESU, or else you have to pay the residency waiver.  If you have any TECEP's or credits done at TESU, you might want to list those.
I don’t mind paying the residency waiver as long as everything works out. I haven’t done any TECEPs at TESU.  I had thought about it when I started, but then decided to just transfer in everything and pay the waiver fee.   Hoping to get good news from them and still be in the 2015 catalog.   Man, 2015 catalog; I wonder if there is anyone else on here that still post that was under that catalog.
(06-19-2021, 11:59 AM)tsimmns Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 11:51 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: *ding* *ding* haha, that's awesome!  You're good to go my friend!  Now, I am still waiting on the final notes, i just really want to see what messages you have... it tells the story.

I will update when I hear back from them and see how they bring over Organizational Behavior.  If it comes in as UL, I would then only one more UL class as I believe one of the Accy classes from SL will be UL along with the Management class I already have there.  Waiting patiently to hear back from them and see what they decide.

(06-19-2021, 11:56 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The main issue is going to be whether you're still in the 2015 catalog, and if everything still comes in the same.  I would make sure to get an updated evaluation once you know that.

Transfer in the SL and PF courses - although PF won't matter I don't think.

Then, go to Study.com and do:
FIN 104: Financial Management
BUS 120: International Business
Any UL Marketing or Finance course (MARK 303: Global Marketing and FIN 302: International Finance will have some overlap with BUS 120, and FIN 302 may have some overlap with FIN 104)

That should get you your Finance requirement, your International Business requirement, and your final UL course in the 3rd area (ACC and MAN are covered).

You should be done at that point.

I think the only thing left as a military student is that you either need 24cr at TESU, or else you have to pay the residency waiver.  If you have any TECEP's or credits done at TESU, you might want to list those.
I don’t mind paying the residency waiver as long as everything works out. I haven’t done any TECEPs at TESU.  I had thought about it when I started, but then decided to just transfer in everything and pay the waiver fee.   Hoping to get good news from them and still be in the 2015 catalog.   Man, 2015 catalog; I wonder if there is anyone else on here that still post that was under that catalog.

I was in the 2014/2015 catalog.

The thing I'm worried about is the Capstone; if you're not grandfathered in, then you can't bring in the capstone, and you'd have to take it.  So that is REALLY what you should be thinking about.  Letting so much time pass is the problem - I think for military, it's a 5-year lapse that cancels your catalog, unless you've made arrangements.

We shall see.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just to let you know, that Organizational Behavior course will NOT come in as UL, the Cost Accounting WILL though. StraighterLine courses never had the "official" UL recommendation from ACE on about 4-5 different courses, except for this one Cost Accounting course. You'll be told by TESU advising it'll be LL, you can however appeal that and show them the "way back" machine what StraighterLine had in their equivalency list, but it's up to their dean/dept head to say. I assume it'll be a 50/50 chance you'll get it UL if you try. You can try taking another UL course instead...

If you want cheap/easy/fast for UL, Davar would be recommended as there are no written assignments, it's just one exam and you're done (exams may have short answers you have to type, like 3-4 sentences). If you want to do some quizzes, exams, and assignments, then Study.com would be my choice. I would still recommend just posting what you have in the "notes" at the end of your academic evaluation. It tells me if you're going to be subject to the 30 RA requirements or not, some people were notified in DEC 2020 they were NOT subject to this as they were over 104 credits in.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Regarding dfrecore post, I will be praying that I'm grandfathered in. Regarding your post bjcheung77 post, here are the notes below my evaluation.
If I have to actually take 10 courses from them to meet 30 credits to meet some new requirement I might just end up giving up.
Military Program Residency Requirements
Students enrolled in the Military Degree Completion Program, Navy College Partnership Program and GoArmyEd Program tuition/enrollment plans have a residency requirement.
Students in these plans must earn twelve (12) semester hours of Thomas Edison State University credit in order to earn an associate degree and twenty-four (24) semester hours of Thomas Edison State University credit in order to earn a baccalaureate degree. Please note that the residency requirement at Thomas Edison State University does not mean that you must physically come to the University or attend courses at any physical location.
MILITARY STUDENTS who enrolled in the University prior to October 2012 may have a lesser amount of required residency credits. If this is the case, there will be an additional note listing the specific amounts AFTER the residency course list.
All Thomas Edison State University earned credit satisfies the military residency requirement; including Guided Study/Online/Blended/e-Pack courses, TECEP exams and/or Portfolio Assessment.
The courses listed below are your Thomas Edison State University courses that satisfy your residency requirement. These courses are also listed separately in the area of your evaluation where they fulfill degree requirements.
Total Completed Semester Hours: 0
If you are in a tuition plan that has a residency requirement and your academic evaluation shows that you have met your degree requirements and you have not taken the SH required to meet your residency requirement, you may pay a residency waiver fee. For more information regarding available tuition plans please go to tuition plans.
********************************************************************* *********************************************************************
Community College credit limit
Thomas Edison State University will accept a maximum of 90 semester hours (SH) of transfer credit from junior, county or community college toward a baccalaureate degree. Junior, county and community-college credit will be equated to 100/200 level coursework. Students are responsible for adhering to this policy.
In cases of institutional agreements with community colleges where more community college credits are permitted to be applied to the degree, there will be a note on the top of the Academic Evaluation indicating the limit.
NCCRS and ACE credits
Thomas Edison State University limits the number of credits that are accepted in transfer based on courses and examinations approved through the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) or the American Council on Education's (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service.
Specifically, a maximum of 90 semester hours (SH) in total, from both ACE and NCCRS reviewed organizations, like corporate training, CLEP, DSST, AP exams, study.com, Sophia.com, Ma'alot Educational, Network, military Joint Services Transcript (JST), can be used toward a bachelor's degree and 45 SH toward an associate degree.This is a policy revision made in December 2020.
University Policies on GPA
All undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University are required to maintain an overall minimum average of C (a minimum GPA of 2.0) in their Thomas Edison State University courses in order to graduate. This is all your TESU courses, regardless of whether they are being used to fulfill degree requirements or not. Your TESU GPA is reflected on your academic evaluation in the Program Summary Area as TESU GPA: YOUR GPA NUMERICAL VALUE.
In addition, there are specific GPA requirements that apply to courses and grades used to fulfill degree requirements within your academic evaluation.
All undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University are required to maintain a minimum average of C (a minimum GPA of 2.0) in all the credits applied to their degree (Thomas Edison State University and transfer credits) in order to graduate. This is reflected on your academic evaluation in the Program Summary Area as Overall GPA Met: YES.
All area of study courses must be graded C or better (a minimum GPA of 2.0) in order to apply to area of study requirements for undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University.
All undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University can only utilize a grade of C or better (a minimum GPA of 2.0) in the area of English composition and the capstone in order to graduate.
Students must also meet any minimum required GPA standards established by their School to graduate from Thomas Edison State University.
The area below ONLY APPLIES in cases where one or more of the GPA requirements above is not satisfactory.
Please note that IF there are courses listed in the "Other Courses" portion of this evaluation which are noted with the comment code "GPA", these courses cannot be included toward your degree requirements until your GPA improves. You may improve the GPA by completing courses with grades of "B" or better to offset the "D" grade(s).
Please note that IF your current TESU GPA is below a 2.0. You may improve the Thomas Edison State University GPA in two ways:
1.Take the same course at Thomas Edison State University and earn at least a "C" grade.
2.Take other Thomas Edison State University graded credit courses and earning a "B" or better to offset the "C-"or "D" grade(s).
Students must have a 2.0 or above GPA to graduate or any additional standard required by their school. If you have any questions about raising your GPA, please contact the Thomas Edison State University Academic Advisement Center at 609-777-5680.
From the looks of things, everything seems what I expected. In regards to the new transfer credit requirement from DEC 2020, you should not be affected if you have already sent in 30+ community college credits. To be on the safe side, on the top portion of your academic evaluation, it'll give you something like this:

Program Summary: (In Progress)
Semester Hours (SH) Required: 120.00
SH Applied to Degree: 109.00
SH Remaining: 11.00
SH To Be Planned: 5.00
Thomas Edison State University GPA Needed: 2.000
Thomas Edison State University GPA Earned: 0.000
Overall Degree GPA Needed: 2.000
Overall Degree GPA Requirement Met: Yes
Community College SH (90 SH Maximum): 0.00

Copy and paste the entire thing from yours to this reply. I want to know what it says from Program Summary to Community College SH. This should not change when your account gets re-activated. If you get on contact with TESU and they say you need to enrol in a course, do not - take the Medical Terminology TECEP and skip the exam. Just finish what you're missing or what's left to complete in the degree.

For screenshots, I would recommend https://getfireshot.com/ with Chrome or FF. If you use Safari, that's not a supported browser, unfortunately. There's a paid version (which I personally think is worth it) but you should also be able to capture parts of the page and save as PDF with the free version.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-19-2021, 06:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: From the looks of things, everything seems what I expected.  In regards to the new transfer credit requirement from DEC 2020, you should not be affected if you have already sent in 30+ community college credits.  To be on the safe side, on the top portion of your academic evaluation, it'll give you something like this:

SH Applied to Degree: 109.00
SH Remaining: 11.00
SH To Be Planned: 5.00
Thomas Edison State University GPA Earned: 0.000
Community College SH (90 SH Maximum): 0.00

Copy and paste the entire thing from yours to this reply.  I want to know what it says from Program Summary to Community College SH.  This should not change when your account gets re-activated.  If you get on contact with TESU and they say you need to enrol in a course, do not - take the Medical Terminology TECEP and skip the exam.  Just finish what you're missing or what's left to complete in the degree.
So you’re saying enroll in Medical Terminology TECEP and take the exam or not to even enroll?  I know it says get back active I need to enroll in a class.
And this is what the top portion says.

SH Applied to Degree: 91.00
SH Remaining: 29.00
SH To Be Planned: 2.00
Thomas Edison State University GPA Earned:
Community College SH (90 SH Maximum): 20.00
Hmm, how much of a test taker are you? You take any TECEPS before?  You're missing 10 RA credits, if I was in your shoes and am a "hot test taker" then I would grab a seat and study a bit... then take a few TECEPS to do 2 things.  1) Get you the missing 10 credits and 2) Get you the remaining requirements for the degree.  In fact, if you are so good at testing, I might as well recommend skipping the residency waiver and take tests when you want, you need 24 credits for that residency!  

But then, if you're feeling like a writing machine, there's the other option - PLA, this will get you your credits, up to 18 credits.  You need to do a lot of documentation to indicate you have "knowledge" equivalent to content within that course.  I'll provide you the link to the TECEPS and PLA, it'll give you some basics of what courses can be done by TECEP and how to do the PLA.  Here is the TECEP list: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php

Note: If you read carefully, TECEPS have UL ones for Business courses, it'll help you get your General Management AOS or a Marketing AOS. For PLA, you need to take a course, the PLA-200 and you can PLA up to 18 credits in one swoop for a cost though, check out the portfolios, they're "lengthy"... PLA: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/p...folio-faqs

Not sure how I am missing 10 RA credits.   Do only Community College credits count towards the 30 RA credits?  I'm only asking because I transferred in around 40+ credits from the B&M University I had attended.  Would those along with the Community College credits not count?

As for what type of test taker I am, over the years I have become the type that memorizes the question and the correct answer and goes from there...HA.

Also, thanks to you and everyone else that is helping me continue the journey and hopefully finish before this year. I was planning to finish way before now, but two deployments and another child since 2017 derailed my plans.
tsimmns Wrote:So you’re saying enroll in Medical Terminology TECEP and take the exam or not to even enroll?  I know it says get back active I need to enroll in a class.

You can sign up for the TECEP and just let it expire, I would recommend to skip it, you'll be enrolled for the year and status changed to active.

tsimmns Wrote:Not sure how I am missing 10 RA credits.   Do only Community College credits count towards the 30 RA credits?  I'm only asking because I transferred in around 40+ credits from the B&M University I had attended.  Would those along with the Community College credits not count?

As for what type of test taker I am, over the years I have become the type that memorizes the question and the correct answer and goes from there...HA.

Also, thanks to you and everyone else that is helping me continue the journey and hopefully finish before this year.  I was planning to finish way before now, but two deployments and another child since 2017 derailed my plans.

My mistake, no, I was too focused on community college saying 20 credits and  I actually noticed you have a few more credits with letter grades too.  You're good with everything.  You just need to decide which type of courses you are looking to finish with.  Suggestion still remains as Davar for the cheap/easy/fast.  That pretty much settles it... Take the remaining Davar/Study.com or TECEPS if you're feeling like testing out of those remaining credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  back to school bassel75 1 291 11-01-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU ranked 14th in the nation for starting salary after bachelor's degree jch 14 2,071 10-30-2022, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Next steps - getting back into it humbleAMG 2 611 06-08-2022, 02:06 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from (almost) scratch-TESU BSBA Marketing dotdot 6 826 05-29-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  LIB-495 Questions - Starting Feb Tlm 1 557 01-18-2021, 12:27 PM
Last Post: P226mem
  Starting UL TESU will these SDC classes fulfill? Cammilynn 7 1,194 07-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Cammilynn
  Just got my eval back from TESU. What now? zebra cow 27 3,875 12-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Last Post: zebra cow
  Likelihood of a capstone mentor doing 2 terms back to back? suzycupcake 6 1,441 10-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Finally Trying to Get back on Track, a little Overwhelmed. SaebScholar 11 2,503 09-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU BSBA Accounting -International Student back to college for US Degree Equivalency contactuj 20 3,087 05-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: akr680