Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got my eval back from TESU. What now?
Hi everyone,

I just got my evaluation back from TESU which was way quicker than I anticipated. I took screen shot of it and I am going to attach them to this post so I can get some help from you guys. I plan on taking all of the classes I need at study.com. 

For the record in the past week I've completed two classes:

Ethics 312 from the institutes (3cr)
Business 102 Principles of Marketing (3cr) from study.com 

And will have a third finished by tonight. 

Business 109 principles of computers (3cr) from study.com

***None of these are reflected in the evaluation!***

My goal is to graduate as quickly as possible. So, here are my questions:

What classes do I need to take DIY? And what classes do I need to take at TESU? I know sometimes they have a 16cr minimum that must be taken there.

Some of the classes I've completed at my old college seem like they should transfer (Particularly the upper level economics and finance ones) is there anything I can do about that? 

Knowing how what I have to do can I enroll from cornerstone and capstone? 

**FYI** I'm ready to finished this degree. I'm going to knock out 2 or 3 DIY classes per week so I'm open to whatever you guys think is the best course of action. 

Also, I'm sorry the .pdf is a little confusing it was the best I could do with the time that I have. If you need anything help evaluating just let me know. 

Thank you so much!!!

Zebra Cow
The attachment didn't happen. You might try doing a copy/paste into a doc file, then edit out the personal details.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-20-2019, 11:32 AM)davewill Wrote: The attachment didn't happen. You might try doing a copy/paste into a doc file, then edit out the personal details.

Yup, there's no attachment. You're rushing into things like a deer into a set of headlights... Just cuz you want it fast doesn't mean you necessarily need to rush into things. I would keep going with the Study.com courses though until we see the evaluation. It is the BSBA you're going for right, is there a concentration?!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-20-2019, 11:35 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 11:32 AM)davewill Wrote: The attachment didn't happen. You might try doing a copy/paste into a doc file, then edit out the personal details.

Yup, there's no attachment.  You're rushing into things like a deer into a set of headlights... Just cuz you want it fast doesn't mean you necessarily need to rush into things.  I would keep going with the Study.com courses though until we see the evaluation.  It is the BSBA you're going for right, is there a concentration?!
You're right sometimes I get too excited. I can be a intense guy every once in a while I need someone to pull the reigns in on me lol. Once I get a break I will post the evaluation properly. Thank you guys for everything!
Okay I got the evaluation all together into a nice pdf. I had to attach to this post because I couldn't edit my first post. Thank you guys for the help!

zebra cow

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU EVAL.pdf (Size: 1.88 MB / Downloads: 67)
Hey ZC - Question, do you get tuition assistance from work or something similar? If so, are you going to take 16 credits at TESU so you don't have to pay the tuition waiver. If not, then take everything from Study.com, you're so close, so easy to do the courses entirely through Study.com - don't even bother going with another provider. Again, you are very close, just map all the courses you need from Study.com transfer guide.

Now, for the Capstone/Cornerstone, take them both for February. You need to apply BEFORE April 1 if you want to graduate in the June 2020 Term. The February Cornerstone/Capstone is required - You can risk a later graduation date if you need to, if you can tolerate graduating in the Sept 2020 term. This is recommended because "sometimes life get in the way and the Capstone maybe a bit hard", you can extend it for 8 weeks MAX.

Note: All the links point to something different, it's used for your reference to complete your requirements
Study.com Transfer Guide Link 1: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...rsity.html
Study.com Transfer Guide Link 2: https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
TESU Graduation Link: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You don't have to take 16 credits at TESU but if you don't take 16 credits you have to pay the $2,800 residency waiver.

The choices is yours take at least 16 credits and no waiver or take only 2 courses at TESU + a 2,800 wavier fee.

Note that you must take 6 credits at TESU and there is no way to take less than that for your first bachelors. If you are getting tutition rehembursment, finanical aid, pell grant, etc. then going the 16 credit route could likely be a better option. If you don't get aid, then the choice is up to you, but probably paying the waiver fee would make the most sense.

weird they didn't count your interpersonal communication for the oral communication requirement or the financial management for the finance requirement. You could e-mail and see if they could move those around to fit those spots.

Also, the quantitative lit with that math 144 under other as well.

(12-20-2019, 10:46 PM)natshar Wrote: You don't have to take 16 credits at TESU but if you don't take 16 credits you have to pay the $2,800 residency waiver.

The choices is yours take at least 16 credits and no waiver or take only 2 courses at TESU + a 2,800 wavier fee.

Note that other as well.

Yeah that's what I was thinking those classes seem like a perfect fit, don't they? Does TESU typically reassess their evaluations? Also, the residency fee, does that have to do with where I live, why are they charging 2800? Thanks!
(12-21-2019, 12:23 AM)zebra cow Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 10:46 PM)natshar Wrote: You don't have to take 16 credits at TESU but if you don't take 16 credits you have to pay the $2,800 residency waiver.

Note that other as well.

Yeah that's what I was thinking those classes seem like a perfect fit, don't they? Does TESU typically reassess their evaluations? Also, the residency fee, does that have to do with where I live, why are they charging 2800? Thanks!

Nothing to do with where you live all about if you took 16 credits at TESU or not.

Take between 6 -- 15 credits at TESU pay waiver.

Take 16 credits or more at TESU don't pay the waiver.

Note that TECEPs don't count toward the 16 credits.
In looking at your eval, I would consider switching to Finance as your AOS, you already have 3 UL FIN courses, and 5 UL ECON courses, which work in FIN. I would always opt for a more specialized concentration if that's an option, and it certainly is for you. If you wanted to add it on and have 2 concentrations, then you could, but Finance is much better than General Management (to do so, you'd need to take another FIN course, or ACCT).

I also can't imagine spending the time and money to take 16cr at TESU, when you already have all of your AOS completed. It would feel...lame to take those LL GE courses, when you can just easily test out of them. Just my 2c, I maybe have more money than time, so that would be what I would do.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch