Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got my eval back from TESU. What now?
(12-27-2019, 05:38 AM)zebra cow Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 03:55 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 08:12 PM)zebra cow Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 02:30 AM)dfrecore Wrote: In looking at your eval, I would consider switching to Finance as your AOS, you already have 3 UL FIN courses, and 5 UL ECON courses, which work in FIN.  I would always opt for a more specialized concentration if that's an option, and it certainly is for you.  If you wanted to add it on and have 2 concentrations, then you could, but Finance is much better than General Management (to do so, you'd need to take another FIN course, or ACCT).

I also can't imagine spending the time and money to take 16cr at TESU, when you already have all of your AOS completed.  It would feel...lame to take those LL GE courses, when you can just easily test out of them.  Just my 2c, I maybe have more money than time, so that would be what I would do.
Hey I know its been awhile since this post but the extra finance class you mentioned... are you referring to principles of finance? or an additional finance class to that? According to my eval as it stands for GM I need to take principles. Im just trying to clarify because I'm ripping through these classes on study.com (4 completed in 8 days!) Thanks!

SDC has a 5 exam limit per month.
Right I know that. After I knock out the finance class I have american gov, oral communication, business comm, international business and algebra to complete. Any ideas on the next best site(s) to take these to get them done quickly? I'd like to be done by the second week in January. Thanks!

If you want to do them all in 1 place, Study.com has everything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-27-2019, 07:52 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Are you sure that you need algebra?  csm learn is easy option for Quantitative Literacy requirement.  free to try, first 2 hrs.  $39 course

american gov, biz comm straighterline has those.

oral communication Presentation Skills by study.com is recommended by most people here.   international business study.com has it by that would take you up to 6 courses by then.

TESU only allows 2 academic evaluations before you have to signup for a class.  So wait till you are done before sending them any more transcripts.  You need 100 total credits before they let you take the capstone.

My plan is to finish this finance class by tomorrow morning then immediately hop over to Straighterline and knock out American gov't. I was going to also do algebra on Straighterline (any thoughts on this class)? Then finish business comm and international business on DAVAR (how is DAVAR?). Then the only thing Ill need left is communication which should be very easy. If worse come to worse at least Ill have enough credits for capstone and can take communications after I enroll. 

After getting my eval they said I needed algebra which is strange IMO because I took algebra at my former college and 2 additional math classes. They were a mixture of algebra, pre-calc, calc and stats I think. IDK if you looked at my eval but do you think if I talked to a advisor I could get credit for algebra?
(12-27-2019, 03:03 PM)zebra cow Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 07:52 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Are you sure that you need algebra?  csm learn is easy option for Quantitative Literacy requirement.  free to try, first 2 hrs.  $39 course

american gov, biz comm straighterline has those.

oral communication Presentation Skills by study.com is recommended by most people here.   international business study.com has it by that would take you up to 6 courses by then.

TESU only allows 2 academic evaluations before you have to signup for a class.  So wait till you are done before sending them any more transcripts.  You need 100 total credits before they let you take the capstone.

My plan is to finish this finance class by tomorrow morning then immediately hop over to Straighterline and knock out American gov't. I was going to also do algebra on Straighterline (any thoughts on this class)? Then finish business comm and international business on DAVAR (how is DAVAR?). Then the only thing Ill need left is communication which should be very easy. If worse come to worse at least Ill have enough credits for capstone and can take communications after I enroll. 

After getting my eval they said I needed algebra which is strange IMO because I took algebra at my former college and 2 additional math classes. They were a mixture of algebra, pre-calc, calc and stats I think. IDK if you looked at my eval but do you think if I talked to a advisor I could get credit for algebra?
I would try. I thought it was funny you didn't get credit for algebra either. I think I mentioned that. Also I mentioned you took interpersonal communications so maybe try to get speech credit for that as well.

Since you know algebra maybe doing a clep or dsst would be quicker if you have test center. You could have it done in an hour.
You took Intermediate Algebra, which comes in as MAT-115, and won't count for the College Algebra requirement. They don't take Business Math for that requirement, so I guess you have 2 options: 1) appeal their decision by sending the syllabi showing the course info for the 2 business math courses; or 2) take an exam or course real quick. Here are your options for that:
1) You could probably take Saylor's College Algebra course right now and be done with it ($~25 or less for proctored exam)
2) On Study.com, you could take the placement tests for MAT 102: College Math, MAT 101: College Algebra, MAT 104: Calculus, MAT 108: Dicrete Math, and STAT 101: Principles of Statistics (just the PT's, don't go through the courses); then, go in and complete MAT 105: Precalculus Algebra. It will most likely be more than 50% done (may even be more). When you're finished, take the exam.
3) CLEP College Algebra (free through Modern States)
4) CSMLearn gets rave reviews on here ($39)

Why are you doing SL for some courses instead of sticking with Study.com? I'd just do stuff there if you're already in. It's $199/mo for the first 2 exams, you could take multiple courses, each additional is $70. I personally was not a fan of SL, I wouldn't switch if you didn't need to (not sure why you would). I think it's easier to just do everything in 1 place, plus Study.com has an agreement with them to send your transcripts for free. Easy peasy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I assume zebra cow is doing stuff outside Study.com because he/she is about to hit the monthly limit and doesn't want to wait weeks to take another class
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(12-27-2019, 03:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You took Intermediate Algebra, which comes in as MAT-115, and won't count for the College Algebra requirement.  They don't take Business Math for that requirement, so I guess you have 2 options: 1) appeal their decision by sending the syllabi showing the course info for the 2 business math courses; or 2) take an exam or course real quick.  Here are your options for that:
1) You could probably take Saylor's College Algebra course right now and be done with it ($~25 or less for proctored exam)
2) On Study.com, you could take the placement tests for MAT 102: College Math, MAT 101: College Algebra, MAT 104: Calculus, MAT 108: Dicrete Math, and STAT 101: Principles of Statistics (just the PT's, don't go through the courses); then, go in and complete MAT 105: Precalculus Algebra.  It will most likely be more than 50% done (may even be more).  When you're finished, take the exam.
3) CLEP College Algebra (free through Modern States)
4) CSMLearn gets rave reviews on here ($39)

Why are you doing SL for some courses instead of sticking with Study.com?  I'd just do stuff there if you're already in.  It's $199/mo for the first 2 exams, you could take multiple courses, each additional is $70.  I personally was not a fan of SL, I wouldn't switch if you didn't need to (not sure why you would).  I think it's easier to just do everything in 1 place, plus Study.com has an agreement with them to send your transcripts for free.  Easy peasy.
I want to graduate in June.  So my plan was to have everything done by the second week in January send over all my DIY classes, enroll in cornerstone and capstone in February. Once I finish this finance class I will have completed 5 courses already on SDC so instead of being stagnant and further delaying my degree I was going to switch websites and keep knocking out classes.

(12-27-2019, 05:16 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I assume zebra cow is doing stuff outside Study.com because he/she is about to hit the monthly limit and doesn't want to wait weeks to take another class
Yes, from what I understand the monthly limit is five which I will meet in a few hours or so. Do you know why they set it at five? I wish it were more!
(12-27-2019, 08:04 PM)zebra cow Wrote: Yes, from what I understand the monthly limit is five which I will meet in a few hours or so. Do you know why they set it at five? I wish it were more!

The supposition is that the schools get suspicious when they get someone who earns tons of credit from a provider in a short space of time. TESU dropped Shmoop like a hot potato supposedly because of this issue. Of course, just imposing a limit does nothing to address whether the credits were earned legitimately, but there it is.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-27-2019, 09:25 PM)davewill Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 08:04 PM)zebra cow Wrote: Yes, from what I understand the monthly limit is five which I will meet in a few hours or so. Do you know why they set it at five? I wish it were more!

The supposition is that the schools get suspicious when they get someone who earns tons of credit from a provider in a short space of time. TESU dropped Shmoop like a hot potato supposedly because of this issue. Of course, just imposing a limit does nothing to address whether the credits were earned legitimately, but there it is.
That makes sense. Thanks for the help. Do you have any experience with SL or DAVAR?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 517 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,290 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 374 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27