Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got my eval back from TESU. What now?
(12-21-2019, 02:30 AM)dfrecore Wrote: In looking at your eval, I would consider switching to Finance as your AOS, you already have 3 UL FIN courses, and 5 UL ECON courses, which work in FIN.  I would always opt for a more specialized concentration if that's an option, and it certainly is for you.  If you wanted to add it on and have 2 concentrations, then you could, but Finance is much better than General Management (to do so, you'd need to take another FIN course, or ACCT).

I also can't imagine spending the time and money to take 16cr at TESU, when you already have all of your AOS completed.  It would feel...lame to take those LL GE courses, when you can just easily test out of them.  Just my 2c, I maybe have more money than time, so that would be what I would do.
Okay just a couple questions:

1) What would the process be for me to notify TESU that I would like a concentration in finance? I previously applied with a concentration in management.

2) To major in finance would all of my coursework be the same? One finance class plus whatever is missing from my eval? In your opinion would it change in anyway?
(12-22-2019, 02:14 AM)zebra cow Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 02:30 AM)dfrecore Wrote: In looking at your eval, I would consider switching to Finance as your AOS, you already have 3 UL FIN courses, and 5 UL ECON courses, which work in FIN.  I would always opt for a more specialized concentration if that's an option, and it certainly is for you.  If you wanted to add it on and have 2 concentrations, then you could, but Finance is much better than General Management (to do so, you'd need to take another FIN course, or ACCT).

I also can't imagine spending the time and money to take 16cr at TESU, when you already have all of your AOS completed.  It would feel...lame to take those LL GE courses, when you can just easily test out of them.  Just my 2c, I maybe have more money than time, so that would be what I would do.

1) What would the process be for me to notify TESU that I would like a concentration in finance? I previously applied with a concentration in management.

2) To major in finance would all of my coursework be the same? One finance class plus whatever is missing from my eval? In your opinion would it change in anyway?

1) I don't know, I'd call.

2) If you're just switching the AOS, everything else is the same (GE, Core, Free Electives).  If you're not adding Finance, but just switching it, you already have 6 courses that will work, so you don't lose anything.
----------------
Since you've taken so many FIN/ECON courses, Saylor's Principles of Finance may be really easy for you to pass. I'd think about taking it without even studying. $25 (or maybe less now). CLEP has Prin of Marketing, Computer Applications, American Gov't, College Algebra. All free through Modern States.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-23-2019, 12:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

2) If you're just switching the AOS, everything else is the same (GE, Core, Free Electives).  If you're not adding Finance, but just switching it, you already have 6 courses that will work, so you don't lose anything.
----------------
Since you've taken so many FIN/ECON courses, Saylor's Principles of Finance may be really easy for you to pass.  I'd think about taking it without even studying.  $25 (or maybe less now).  CLEP has Prin of Marketing, Computer Applications, American Gov't, College Algebra.  All free through Modern States.
Also finance dsst test. In my experience Saylor tests are difficult and more than one answer could be right from my experience. Dssts are more expensive but (again solely from my experience) I found them not too difficult.
(12-22-2019, 02:14 AM)zebra cow Wrote: 1) What would the process be for me to notify TESU that I would like a concentration in finance? I previously applied with a concentration in management.

You can call or email. I changed my area of study twice - called once, emailed once, neither was a problem.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(12-23-2019, 12:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

----------------
Since you've taken so many FIN/ECON courses, Saylor's Principles of Finance may be really easy for you to pass.  I'd think about taking it without even studying.  $25 (or maybe less now).  CLEP has Prin of Marketing, Computer Applications, American Gov't, College Algebra.  All free through Modern States.
I'm going to do finance at TESU. I talked to them today all I have to do is send them a email. As far as the coursework goes for UL AOS classes all I have to do is that prin of finance right? The rest is all LL (I've already done several of them).

Hey I know its been awhile since this post but the extra finance class you mentioned... are you referring to principles of finance? or an additional finance class to that? According to my eval as it stands for GM I need to take principles. Im just trying to clarify because I'm ripping through these classes on study.com (4 completed in 8 days!) Thanks!
(12-26-2019, 08:12 PM)zebra cow Wrote:

Hey I know its been awhile since this post but the extra finance class you mentioned... are you referring to principles of finance? or an additional finance class to that? According to my eval as it stands for GM I need to take principles. Im just trying to clarify because I'm ripping through these classes on study.com (4 completed in 8 days!) Thanks!

So, if you're switching to BSBA/FIN (and not doing the Gen Mgmt at all), then all you need is FIN 101: Prin of Finance to meet the business core requirement.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

SDC has a 5 exam limit per month.
(12-27-2019, 03:55 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:

SDC has a 5 exam limit per month.
Right I know that. After I knock out the finance class I have american gov, oral communication, business comm, international business and algebra to complete. Any ideas on the next best site(s) to take these to get them done quickly? I'd like to be done by the second week in January. Thanks!
Are you sure that you need algebra? csm learn is easy option for Quantitative Literacy requirement. free to try, first 2 hrs. $39 course

american gov, biz comm straighterline has those.

oral communication Presentation Skills by study.com is recommended by most people here. international business study.com has it by that would take you up to 6 courses by then.

TESU only allows 2 academic evaluations before you have to signup for a class. So wait till you are done before sending them any more transcripts. You need 100 total credits before they let you take the capstone.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 22 1,251 1 hour ago
Last Post: PLEX
  First Post, TESU BACS questions tcompy 10 256 Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Ed.D at TESU sanantone 1 107 05-09-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 22 3,047 05-06-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 5 356 04-29-2024, 10:29 AM
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 352 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 748 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 718 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 328 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,468 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy