Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step by step for compiling credits for transfer?
Ok, I felt embarrassed to ask this question because I was sure I could find the answer if I just searched hard enough but I just cannot....  As I'm doing courses and compiling credits, what is my next step??? So for example, right now I am taking the CSM Learn course and intro to microeconomics on online degree dot com. Once I complete them, what do I do? How do I get them compiled onto a transcript...? I'm planning to gather as many credits as I can over the course of the year before I officially enroll in TESU and lock in my catalog. I plan to do a few CLEPS this year as well, and take additional cheap courses and then move onto study dot com once I'm confident that I can complete courses in a timely manner. Right now with homeschooling 5 kids with a baby at home, a Disney vacation in July and evacuating for a hurricane last week and more vacations coming up, I don't know if I will even finish these two courses by the end of the year :facepalm: But once I get a good groove down for studying and forcing myself to complete courses, I will need to regularly be transferring credits to ACE?  And there are other credit "holding" agencies as well?  Can someone just tell me what those steps are?
Ginger mama of 6 gingers, newbie  Huh  working towards BSB  Big Grin
So yes, each time you complete an ACE course, you should put it onto your ACE transcript. Also, you need a degree plan, so that you know what to take and where each course fits.

I would also lock in your catalog sooner rather than later, because you don't want to be surprised if TESU does something you didn't think about (change requirements, remove the degree you want entirely, change how they bring in credits, etc.). I would apply, register for an easy TECEP to enroll, and send in any credits you have now (after putting them on the ACE transcript). It will make it especially easy for when you CLEP, as it's free to send those to a school you're enrolled in - but the school won't take them if you're not enrolled. So you would have to put them all on a transcript and pay ~$30 to send it. No sense doing that if you know where you want to go already, and it doesn't cost much to apply and enroll.

Every 6 months or so, I'd send in any new credits/transcripts so that you know exactly where everything will go, and have it all locked in, and a clear path forward. You will be so glad you did this. I locked in my catalog in 2015, thank heavens, because they made some major changes between then and when I actually graduated (June 2018) and it would have made a big and expensive difference to me. If any changes they make going forward are to your benefit, you can always move to a new catalog at that time - I don't think anyone has ever done that though, as the changes are normally bad for anyone already enrolled.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43
What you do with the credits depends on what kind of credits.

If they are ACE credits, you login and search for the course you just completed. You add the completion date and submit. It usually takes multiple days to get the course approved and added and you get an email notification. You can create an ACE profile here if you don't have one: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ATION.main

If they are NCCRS credits, it depends on the provider, but usually they have some "request a transcript" link in your account. Usually you only send one after you're done with the provider in order to save money, but sometimes you want to get credits transferred quicker.

You also decide when you send an ACE transcript to your school. They have a section where you can pay for a transcript. The first one costs about $5 more than the additional ones.

Hmm, the first thing that popped into my mind was this:  Just don't ask me why!

But to answer your question:  1) Create your ACE Registry account for keeping track of your ACE credits
2) Create a spreadsheet or download one from my Beginners Guide post #28 or #31 - see my signature.
3) For NCCRS credits from Coopersmith, Davar, Onlinedegree.com, they do not have a registry, keep track of them in the spreadsheet.  And customize the plan you downloaded with courses that interest you and fit in the degree.
4) Apply to TESU or any school before end of March or in early April.  You're already in the 2020 catalog year and you want to keep that catalog.
5) To enroll, you just need to take a simple TECEP at TESU.  Do not enroll at COSC/EC/WGU until you have almost all the courses you can transfer to them completed.
6) Transfer all credits to TESU or the other schools, whatever you currently have at the time of application
7) Continue with following your own plan/spreadsheet above.  Continue to update this thread with questions.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Clepper43
Are you guys sure the advice to enroll with a TECEP is valid any more? Students might be forced to take the cornerstone as their first course. However, I wholeheartedly agree with the advice to apply ASAP. TESU simply can't be trusted not to change the rules without notice.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(09-10-2019, 11:24 AM)dfrecore Wrote: So yes, each time you complete an ACE course, you should put it onto your ACE transcript.  Also, you need a degree plan, so that you know what to take and where each course fits.

I would also lock in your catalog sooner rather than later, because you don't want to be surprised if TESU does something you didn't think about (change requirements, remove the degree you want entirely, change how they bring in credits, etc.).  I would apply, register for an easy TECEP to enroll, and send in any credits you have now (after putting them on the ACE transcript).  It will make it especially easy for when you CLEP, as it's free to send those to a school you're enrolled in - but the school won't take them if you're not enrolled.  So you would have to put them all on a transcript and pay ~$30 to send it.  No sense doing that if you know where you want to go already, and it doesn't cost much to apply and enroll.

Every 6 months or so, I'd send in any new credits/transcripts so that you know exactly where everything will go, and have it all locked in, and a clear path forward.  You will be so glad you did this.  I locked in my catalog in 2015, thank heavens, because they made some major changes between then and when I actually graduated (June 2018) and it would have made a big and expensive difference to me.  If any changes they make going forward are to your benefit, you can always move to a new catalog at that time - I don't think anyone has ever done that though, as the changes are normally bad for anyone already enrolled.

I have a degree plan pretty well mapped out thanks to you and someone else. Big thank you by the way. I think the reason I finally decided to go with TESU was because I could enroll and not have to worry about taking courses from them to stay enrolled, just have to take a TECEP every 18 mo? I can't remember if that's correct or not... so how exactly do I put the courses I'm taking on an ACE transcript? Just send them the info each time? does that cost $? like with the CSM Learn course? or do I accumulate them and send them all at once to save $ and then transfer to TESU once every 6 mo or so? This is the part that's confusing me.
Ginger mama of 6 gingers, newbie  Huh  working towards BSB  Big Grin
(09-10-2019, 05:17 PM)gingermama Wrote: I have a degree plan pretty well mapped out thanks to you and someone else. Big thank you by the way. I think the reason I finally decided to go with TESU was because I could enroll and not have to worry about taking courses from them to stay enrolled, just have to take a TECEP every 18 mo? I can't remember if that's correct or not... so how exactly do I put the courses I'm taking on an ACE transcript? Just send them the info each time? does that cost $? like with the CSM Learn course? or do I accumulate them and send them all at once to save $ and then transfer to TESU once every 6 mo or so? This is the part that's confusing me.

Yes, adding courses to your ACE transcript is free. You don't pay until you send your ACE transcript to the school. Instead of the provider sending the course info to ACE, however, you go to the ACE website, enter in the course info, and ACE "pulls" the course from the provider.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

The TECEP is every year to keep enrolled and locked into your catalog easily with TESU (aside from an actual course) - you need to enroll in and to take one (plan for every 11 months to be one the safe side); they offer plenty of introductory LL Gen Ed options.

Add all ACE courses to your ACE account (to build an official record of them), but if you're actively enrolled at TESU and you take courses through providers that send free transcripts (such as SL & Study.com) send them as you finish the courses (this only works if you are enrolled, otherwise TESU just stops evaluating after the first 2).  I suggest this because you always want to get what is considered UL 'today' on your TESU evaluation record as soon as possible (as odds are things could get downgraded to LL without warning far more often than being upgraded to UL).  If you are enrolled with TESU you can easily send your NCCRS provider credits as you earn them (this just protects you against an NCCRS provider going out of business - it is rare, but it does happen)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I would like to jump in and ask a question here...... With TESU, if you go the route as suggested and enroll, and take a TECEP every ____ months to stay enrolled, is there a fee or charges that are associated with being an enrolled student?  I was under the assumption that it cost money to be an enrolled student.

Can anyone elaborate on this process?
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
No fees, except for the tuition for the TECEP. That's why we recommend staying enrolled.

[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Idreamofadegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,722 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 586 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,714 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,788 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,517 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy