Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StraighterLine Nutrition course
Has anyone done the Nutrition course through SL? I'm looking for those to have passed with an "A".

I've found a lot of the courses to not necessarily match up when it comes to the tests and available study material, which can often lead you guessing. I want to make sure that through hard work, an actual A, is possible. I carry them at my current community college and cannot have anything less than, as I may not get accepted for my program.

Simply passing which I know is easy for some in a matter of days, will not cut it, and will take all 30 if need be, to achieve my goal. 

Thank you!
(06-18-2019, 07:25 PM)AngelofArcane Wrote: Has anyone done the Nutrition course through SL? I'm looking for those to have passed with an "A".

I've found a lot of the courses to not necessarily match up when it comes to the tests and available study material, which can often lead you guessing. I want to make sure that through hard work, an actual A, is possible. I carry them at my current community college and cannot have anything less than, as I may not get accepted for my program.

Simply passing which I know is easy for some in a matter of days, will not cut it, and will take all 30 if need be, to achieve my goal. 

Thank you!

From other threads, the SL nutrition course is supposed to be one of the easier SL courses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nosey561's post:
  • AngelofArcane
StraighterLine science courses are fun, I like them and that's the reason I took many courses from SL. I think I took all their sciences, each and every one of them. See this thread for how I studied for StraighterLine courses, I recently posted it...
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid285060
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • AngelofArcane
(06-18-2019, 07:25 PM)AngelofArcane Wrote: Has anyone done the Nutrition course through SL? I'm looking for those to have passed with an "A".

Thank you!

You sent me a pm but maybe you didn't see my reply.

Your community college is not going to award a letter grade for your Straighterline class. They won't know if you got an A or a C. No letter grades are on your ACE transcript - ever.
If your college actually does award letter grades for SL courses, that is fantastic, please let me know the name because earning graded credit through ACE providers is next to impossible. (Charter Oak will do it, but that's not your college, so I'm stumped)
And to back up just a tiny bit, are you 100% sure your community college accepts Straighterline courses for college credit? Community colleges are not known for accepting ACE credit, a few do, but it's not super easy to do.

Thank you!

Maybe you did what I did and assumed the topic quiz would be after every chapter, but if you look at lesson 7 assignments, for example, it says to read chapter 7 AND chapter 10. When I took the topic 7 quiz I was thinking to myself "none of these questions are about what I just read." So I guessed my way through and when I went back and looked sometimes the assignments tell you to read two different chapters together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 365 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 664 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 579 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,121 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com vs. StraighterLine bjcheung77 2 1,054 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: jsh1138