Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline
Out of curiosity does anyone know if you can retake a Straighterline course if you fail it ? Can you resubscribe and take it again ?
(03-12-2022, 10:38 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Out of curiosity does anyone know if you can retake a Straighterline course if you fail it ? Can you resubscribe and take it again ?

Yes, you can retake a Straighterline course. Keep in mind it will be all different questions.

For the Calculus course, you get unlimited attempts at the first test which the highest score is used.

In the 2nd exam and all others except the final, you get 3 attempts.

Once you get past the midterm, it gets much easier after that. Final only cover chapters Chapters: 9-15.

If you can average 80% in the course, then you only need a 46.6% on the final to pass.

This calculator is good for non-graded practice questions since it shows the steps. It does the same thing as the CAS Nspire calculator
https://www.symbolab.com/solver/calculus-calculator
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-12-2022, 11:49 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 10:38 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Out of curiosity does anyone know if you can retake a Straighterline course if you fail it ? Can you resubscribe and take it again ?

Yes, you can retake a Straighterline course. Keep in mind it will be all different questions.

For the Calculus course, you get unlimited attempts at the first test which the highest score is used.

In the 2nd exam and all others except the final, you get 3 attempts.

Once you get past the midterm, it gets much easier after that. Final only cover chapters Chapters: 9-15.

If you can average 80% in the course, then you only need a 46.6% on the final to pass.

This calculator is good for non-graded practice questions since it shows the steps. It does the same thing as the CAS Nspire calculator
https://www.symbolab.com/solver/calculus-calculator
Great information. Good to know you have 3 attempts for the exams. Thanks !
Which classes are you wanting to take at StraighterLine that isn't available elsewhere? Calculus II, Sciences and their Labs? They have "multiple" learning systems... Acrobatiq, Mcgraw-Hill (this is the one I like most), ThinkWell, and Zyante... Each of them require you to ask for a re-attempt if you have failed something along the lines and are either very close to passing or if there was glitch.

Example, Acrobatiq Intro to Stats, I failed that by 3% on my second try, it uses the Calculus based version instead of an Algebra based. I left the percent at 65% as I know it's not for credit. I then took their Business Stats instead as that uses Mcgraw-Hill and was Algebra based! Another Acrobatiq course I took was Survey of World History, for some stupid reason, it did NOT take my 1st quiz... even after I redid it, there was no fix for that, so it docked a few % off my final score total...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,575 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 365 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 664 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 579 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,121 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com vs. StraighterLine bjcheung77 2 1,053 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: jsh1138