Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Business Communications - Help!
I started the Straighterline Business Communications course 5 days ago. I've complete all of the 15 exams included in the course. My plan is to complete the 3 writing assignments this weekend. I need my Strayer transcript updated before the new term begins on 7/5/21. 

I have a few questions for anyone who has completed the course. Please help with any information you can provide.

1. Can you take the final before your writing assignments have been graded?
  2. How long does it take Straighterline to score your writing assignments?
  3. How many multiple choice questions are included in the final? (The final exam is half essay and half multiple choice.)
  4. The Straighterline site states the final exam for this course is closed book. Is that still true? I read comments on another blog that indicated you could use the ebook included with the course.
  5. How long does it take Straighterline to send your score for transcript updates?

I'm only 3 courses away from graduation, so I need to wrap this one up quickly.
(06-18-2021, 06:13 PM)Data123 Wrote: I started the Straighterline Business Communications course 5 days ago. I've complete all of the 15 exams included in the course. My plan is to complete the 3 writing assignments this weekend. I need my Strayer transcript updated before the new term begins on 7/5/21. 

I have a few questions for anyone who has completed the course. Please help with any information you can provide.

3. How many multiple choice questions are included in the final? (The final exam is half essay and half multiple choice.)
  4. The Straighterline site states the final exam for this course is closed book. Is that still true? I read comments on another blog that indicated you could use the ebook included with the course.
  5. How long does it take Straighterline to send your score for transcript updates?

1. Not sure. 
2. Usually 48hr or up to 3 days
3. 50 multiple choice questions 1 hr time limit (150 points), then 400-word Business memorandum using 2 sources (150 points)
4. Yes it's closed book.  https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/
5. Pretty fast like 48hrs or less for me for Credly to update the badges.

I went through the entire course first, then did all 3 written assignments and turned them in at the same time.

The final wasn't hard but not super easy either.  Should be you have enough points to pass if you score low on the final.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Data123
(06-18-2021, 07:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 06:13 PM)Data123 Wrote: I started the Straighterline Business Communications course 5 days ago. I've complete all of the 15 exams included in the course. My plan is to complete the 3 writing assignments this weekend. I need my Strayer transcript updated before the new term begins on 7/5/21. 

1. Not sure. 
2. Usually 48hr or up to 3 days
3. 50 multiple choice questions 1 hr time limit (150 points), then 400-word Business memorandum using 2 sources (150 points)
4. Yes it's closed book.  https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/
5. Pretty fast like 48hrs or less for me for Credly to update the badges.

I went through the entire course first, then did all 3 written assignments and turned them in at the same time.

The final wasn't hard but not super easy either.  Should be you have enough points to pass if you score low on the final.

Thanks a million!
1) Yes, you can take the final before the assignments are submitted. As long as you get everything completed, you'll be graded on whichever you complete first.
2) It depends on the grader, my courses were graded pretty quickly. Sociology assignments were graded the next day or two, the same with this course.
3) You should review the course catalog, it'll show you what's within the exam, but you can review the answer above.
4) Yes, it's true. If you score high enough on the exams, the final isn't something to worry about at all.
5) I completed the courses a few years ago, nothing has changed if it's using the same "Mcgraw-Hill" content provider. My badges automatically came up.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-18-2021, 11:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 1) Yes, you can take the final before the assignments are submitted.  As long as you get everything completed, you'll be graded on whichever you complete first.
2) It depends on the grader, my courses were graded pretty quickly.  Sociology assignments were graded the next day or two, the same with this course.
3) You should review the course catalog, it'll show you what's within the exam, but you can review the answer above.
4) Yes, it's true.  If you score high enough on the exams, the final isn't something to worry about at all.
5) I completed the courses a few years ago, nothing has changed if it's using the same "Mcgraw-Hill" content provider.  My badges automatically came up.

Thanks for the feedback. I submitted assignments 1 and 2 on Sunday. They were graded on Tuesday. I uploaded assignment 3 on Thursday and it was graded on Friday.

I completed the Final Exam on Saturday. It's Sunday night and I'm hoping the final score updates tomorrow. I spoke with someone on the Straighterline support team because I was unable to select the option to transfer the course credit to my university. She said that although I had more than enough points to pass the course, the written part of the final exam had to be scored before they would transfer the course credits.

Note...The points on the final exam are no longer split 50/50. The 50 multiple choice questions offer 180 points (1 hour). The written portion of the test (400 word Business Memo - MLA format with two articles provided for citations) is now worth 120 points (1 hour).
(06-28-2021, 01:23 AM)Data123 Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 11:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 1) Yes, you can take the final before the assignments are submitted.  As long as you get everything completed, you'll be graded on whichever you complete first.
2) It depends on the grader, my courses were graded pretty quickly.  Sociology assignments were graded the next day or two, the same with this course.
4) Yes, it's true.  If you score high enough on the exams, the final isn't something to worry about at all.
5) I completed the courses a few years ago, nothing has changed if it's using the same "Mcgraw-Hill" content provider.  My badges automatically came up.

Thanks for the feedback. I submitted assignments 1 and 2 on Sunday. They were graded on Tuesday. I uploaded assignment 3 on Thursday and it was graded on Friday.

I completed the Final Exam on Saturday. It's Sunday night and I'm hoping the final score updates tomorrow. I spoke with someone on the Straighterline support team because I was unable to select the option to transfer the course credit to my university. She said that although I had more than enough points to pass the course, the written part of the final exam had to be scored before they would transfer the course credits.

Note...The points on the final exam are no longer split 50/50. The 50 multiple choice questions offer 180 points (1 hour). The written portion of the test (400 word Business Memo - MLA format with two articles provided for citations) is now worth 120 points (1 hour).
1. They worked fast. 
2. Exam completed Saturday. 
3. Exam essay scored Monday before 10am. 
4. I followed the steps for requesting the transcript for my university. A copy of the transcript that included my final grade from Straighterline was sent to the     
    email I have on file with them.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline Spanish 1 yc1981 4 130 04-26-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 543 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 203 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,381 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 456 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 368 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 361 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  SDC or Sophia - Managerial Communications Dosada 2 449 11-21-2023, 01:09 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 731 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 447 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir