Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Programming in C++
Saylor doesn't have anything that meets the programming requirement. PF was the best option to minimize suffering. I find all programming to be boring, so I was looking for the quickest option. Unfortunately, PF didn't renew its ACE approval for its programming course. Tsimms already mentioned this, so there is no debate on whether or not one should go with PF. It's no longer an option.

The only affordable options I know of now are SL C++, Uexcel Java, and CSU Global CBE Basic Programming (Java).
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:CSU Global CBE Basic Programming (Java).

I originally read this as B.A.S.I.C. Programming, and I was kind of shocked.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Have no programming experience, that's why I hate I missed out on the PF corse. SL seems like it could be for people who are not total newbies. Maybe I can buckle down and learn something or I might see if the CSU exam fits into the TESU degree.
tsimmns Wrote:Have no programming experience, that's why I hate I missed out on the PF corse. SL seems like it could be for people who are not total newbies. Maybe I can buckle down and learn something or I might see if the CSU exam fits into the TESU degree.

For those that are new to programming or tried it and didn't "get it", here's a non-credit course that might be helpful. The difficulty of learning programming for the first time is that you are trying to learn the syntax of the language AND the concepts at the same time. This course uses QBasic which is a very simple language syntax-wise. However, if you take your time and work through the lessons, you should be able to pick up the concepts which will make it alot easier to learn a more difficult language like C++.

Programmed Lessons in QBasic

"This is a gentle introduction to programming using the computer programming language QBasic (sometimes called QBasic). This introduction is used for a course in computer literacy for students of all majors. Its goal is to show what programming is about using the fundamental features of QBasic."
USNY Regents College - BS Liberal Arts (Concentration in Sociology) 1987
[-] The following 1 user Likes KenJ's post:
  • Yenisei
Is anyone taking this class currently? Just curious how long it's taking to get the uploads graded.

As an aside, I haven't touched C++ in 15+ years but it's not too bad so far. Anyone that's used to OOP should be able to work their way through the coding (so far as I've seen at this point). I'm about to submit the 3 assignments for the 3rd programming activity (of 8) and I started working on this class a couple hours ago.

Too bad I can't get my brain to write essays and finish my eng comp courses as easily as I can code. banghead

ETA: Less than 24 hour turn around on all 4 submissions so far (100% on all of them). This course may not be for the faint of heart or complete beginner programmer without some additional help.
While I'm waiting for a response to my post on the SL board, I figured I'd ask here.

Do they care how you accomplish the program requirements or are you free to just write it however you see fit?
[-] The following 1 user Likes theonlyski's post:
  • Ideas
Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but is the final exam multiple choice or do you have to write code?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(10-21-2017, 01:00 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but is the final exam multiple choice or do you have to write code?

Yes to both.

I believe I had 4 questions which involved writing small snippets of code, the rest were multiple choice. This also means that you don't get your final score immediately like most other courses, you have to wait for those four to be scored.

I don't consider myself particularly good at coding in C++ and I got an 84 on the final. It is open book, even if ProctorU doesn't say that, you may have to tell them to double check the info because the entire course text is allowed (including all links in it oddly enough).
Thanks a lot!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

need help with the quizez

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 664 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,071 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 877 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,653 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,284 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
Question From Social Work to Programming? louise 7 1,611 11-15-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: louise
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,473 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Straighterline Business Statistics Tips Bunii 3 2,733 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Bunii
  Straighterline Spanish 1 Amyfaith 5 2,712 03-05-2019, 11:43 AM