Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline at TESU
So....I'm looking at a Psychology BA plan via TESU (and I live in NJ).

I've gone through the Wiki but still have questions.

I don't see anything on the TESU site that claims they'll take Straighterline courses (or Saylor). Looks more like they'll take CLEP, DSST, PSA and their in-house stuff.

I need to get the ball rolling over here and I would love to bang out as much as I can in a month or two with Straighterline (I only have 9 college credits from Rutgers from 25 years ago - Sad but I sure would hate to take these classes and not be able to use them for TESU.

And I don't think I'll look to "enroll" at TESU until I have close to 100 credits so I know I'm nearing the end and can do that Capstone (not that I'm entirely sure how that works).

Feels like the more I read, the more confusing this all becomes. Sad

Any advice is really appreciated; so grateful for this forum.

Thanks everyone!
Dulce
Straighterline courses are ACE-evaluated, and TESU takes almost all ACE credits. Sometimes they give less credit or different credit, but mostly they give credit.

Saylor has some ACE courses.

Sharkysmom :coolgleam:, if your name was Dolce I would have gotten you to get me in contact with Gabbana!
Anyways, Straighterline is a partner of TESU, they've got an articulation agreement or something of that sort.

Here's their webpage at TESU: Transfer Credit
And here's the one on SL: Thomas Edison State University & StraighterLine - Degree Savings Partnership | StraighterLine

With any articulation/partnership, make sure you can transfer the most out of it, in this case, at max 90 credits from one source.
Further to that, you should find out what you need and see if there are other options like Saylor/Study.com for example.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Sharkysmom :coolgleam:, if your name was Dolce I would have gotten you to get me in contact with Gabbana!
Anyways, Straighterline is a partner of TESU, they've got an articulation agreement or something of that sort.

Here's their webpage at TESU: Transfer Credit
And here's the one on SL: Thomas Edison State University & StraighterLine - Degree Savings Partnership | StraighterLine

With any articulation/partnership, make sure you can transfer the most out of it, in this case, at max 90 credits from one source.
Further to that, you should find out what you need and see if there are other options like Saylor/Study.com for example.

My name is close enough to "Dolce" so I'll hook you up! Wink

Thank you!
Ideas Wrote:Straighterline courses are ACE-evaluated, and TESU takes almost all ACE credits. Sometimes they give less credit or different credit, but mostly they give credit.

Saylor has some ACE courses.

Do I need to sign up for ACE first (that's a nightmare - I can't figure out their site, though I did sign up) or can I just literally start taking courses via Straighterline that satisfy requirements for TESU?

Thanks.
sharkysmom Wrote:Do I need to sign up for ACE first (that's a nightmare - I can't figure out their site, though I did sign up) or can I just literally start taking courses via Straighterline that satisfy requirements for TESU?

Thanks.

been there done that made the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On8cgDi4dfk&t=2s
Hi!

I can't add much except to say I'm a SL alumni, and all my stuff transferred in, no sweat. Just takes them a while (think, weeks) for them to assess it all.

SL is a good choice among choices.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,664 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,742 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,360 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,605 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,336 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,393 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,869 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore