Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline books question...
I know you need the book for accounting 1,2.

Is it advisable to get the book for College Algebra?

Anyone have either of these thay are not using?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I used an old accounting book from a community college and got A's on both classes. But yes you need "a" book nonetheless. I didn't need the book for College Algebra and I got an A.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Get the actual book because those courses are created by McGraw hill so they come straight out of the book. It makes your life much easier when you have the book. Some of the questions are verbatim from the book.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Sweet, thanks guys!

Ryoder, I knew about the Acct. from your old posts. Think I'm gonna take the 3-4 courses I need to get into the MBA program at ENMU.

The Agebra I need as I'm still finding Aleks to be most cumbersome.

Anyone have either book for sale?
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Check out amazon.com and buy the used book, a version or two behind, it doesn't matter. I think I paid $10 shipped for my book.
I will NOT sell this book as I learned a lot from it and I really like it.

I applaud your plans for taking those business courses. It is the right thing to do.
try textbooksrus. That is where I got my accounting books
Set yourself goals, not limitations
thanks guys,

The Algebra book arrived today from Amazon.

I think I may give the DSST Statistics a try, at least study it for a week or two and see how the practice tests go. the Stats would satisfy COSC and apply for pre-reqs to an MBA or other to be determinied Masters.

Just ordered the accounting book for 9 bucks from amazon. Cheaper than expected! Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

Told ya man! That is a great book. You absolutely need it for the exams.
Good idea on DSST stats. I did ALEKs because I was too scared to take the DSST. Same thing for finance, I took Penn Foster. For some reason, even though I have a lot of math training, I fear math tests.
I got a free Straighterline.com T-shirt in the mail today along with a thanks from the CEO for my kind words on the NY Times interview.
Can't wait to wear it!
I found an 8th edition Anatomy book for a couple bucks. Straighterline is saying I need the 9th edition. Do you think it will matter or make my life more difficult in finding the correct answer for the quizes if I use an older edition?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 360 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Investing Simulators & Books SweetSecret 11 1,536 05-22-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  To defend or not to defend, that is the question! bjcheung77 4 608 02-21-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Got some overdue library books? Check! bjcheung77 6 1,226 12-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Resume Question ROYISAGIRL 11 1,096 07-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Another job application question carebear_007 4 648 04-11-2022, 02:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Question: What do you use? For backup, restore, storage? bjcheung77 2 770 09-14-2021, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Employment Question Alpha 3 1,049 01-22-2021, 04:45 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Project Management MBA books rachel83az 1 777 01-13-2021, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  Programming/tech books at Humble Bundle rachel83az 0 755 08-20-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az