Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Structure of TESU LIB-485 Capstone?
What is the structure for the TESU LIB-495 Capstone, mostly regarding the course/assignment part of the course, and the part for writing the final Capstone paper?

From the course syllabus, the assignments are:
  • 6 graded periodic online discussions
  • ETS Proficiency Profile test [45 minutes to complete, formative/only 2% of grade]
  • 6 written assignments (designed to help you incrementally prepare)
  • Submit a paper on your research project, creative project, or applied project
For example, with the June 2019 term, the course is from June 3 to Aug. 25. The Capstone is announced as a 12-week course, however, I'm guessing at some point during the 12 weeks, the discussion forums, lessons and initial papers will be completed. After that, I'm guessing it will mostly be time available for the final paper. Around what time is that?

And say if you work on your on you final paper full-time—can you hand it in early? Will it be graded, or the teacher will start grading it only after the end of the course?
Everything is completed in 2 week increments. Forum tasks and an assignment, the last being the fully completed project.

Also, you can't register for the capstone until you have 100+ credits completed including your AOS.

You can hand in assignments early if you wish, but I do not think they will be graded early. You will still have to continue forum posts too.
They aren't going to post your final grade until the course is finished.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes zzzz24's post:
  • pws
There are 12 weeks and 6 modules. Each module requires one paper, one discussion post, and at least two discussion responses over the course of two weeks. Each paper will ultimately be part of your final paper at the end. So you are only given 2 weeks for the final paper, but that’s more than enough time because you’ve written basically all of the paper in sections over the previous 10 weeks.

You are more than able to work ahead. I’ve been ahead the entire Capstone. In fact, I had my final paper finished a month early. That said, it’s been my experience that they absolutely will not grade early. I’ve turned in every single assignment early - several 2 weeks early. None of them were graded until one week after they were due (so I waited 3 weeks for a grade on many papers). It’s possible that other professors may grade differently, but I don’t think it’s likely that they will give you grades early.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 2 users Like TexasTink's post:
  • ChilliDawg, pws
Home stretch now, assignment 5 submitted yesterday Big Grin
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes zzzz24's post:
  • ChilliDawg
(04-13-2019, 09:09 AM)TexasTink Wrote: There are 12 weeks and 6 modules. Each module requires one paper, one discussion post, and at least two discussion responses over the course of two weeks. Each paper will ultimately be part of your final paper at the end. So you are only given 2 weeks for the final paper, but that’s more than enough time because you’ve written basically all of the paper in sections over the previous 10 weeks.

You are more than able to work ahead. I’ve been ahead the entire Capstone. In fact, I had my final paper finished a month early. That said, it’s been my experience that they absolutely will not grade early. I’ve turned in every single assignment early - several 2 weeks early. None of them were graded until one week after they were due (so I waited 3 weeks for a grade on many papers). It’s possible that other professors may grade differently, but I don’t think it’s likely that they will give you grades early.

Thanks, that's really useful.
(04-15-2019, 08:15 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: Home stretch now, assignment 5 submitted yesterday Big Grin

I also turned in my Assignment 5 on Sunday.  Was going to do it Saturday, but Moodle was having a fit.  

I have my final Capstone all together, and am proofreading and polishing.  So excited to have this done with, next week.

I have the same experience as Texas Tink. I am two weeks away from being done with it.

None of my assignments were ever graded early, but I did turn most of them in early. My mentor has not entered any of the discussions into the gradebook yet. I have been running two weeks ahead on those, as well. Sometimes, doing discussions early is tough if none of your peers are participating that early. You have no one to get feedback from, or no other posts to respond to. FWIW, our discussion forum has dropped from 15 participants on the first week down to 6 participants as of Discussion Forum 5.

In my class, I am positive that the grading will run right up to the very end, if not a week or two after the class ends. The grading is slow, IMO.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • pws

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy