Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Computer Science 305: Operating Systems
I just finished everything for the course and decided to start the final assignment. The provided code is in C for the practical assignments, does not run, after an hour or two I managed to get the code they provide to run.

I have no idea what to do for the final assignment. I asked for help and they refunded my answer credit and raised a ticket. Such a waste of time.

Should I do the intro to operating systems instead? Or should I wait for them to sort this out? I already paid for an extra exam for this month and felt like I just wasted a few days of my life.

Could you believe in the code things like arrays, single quotes in the strings and other nonsense errors were there? I wonder if the intro course would satisfy the TESU requirement?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Both courses are LL right now, so. I would suggest to get the LL credit for the intro and wait for this course to get UL from ACE recommendation before you complete the final or the assignments. That way, you get the LL and the UL credits required for your BACS. I think that's the best bet for now...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yeah taking your advice, the thing is I wonder if the "Intro to Operating Systems" course at SDC will transfer to TESU as ITS-160 Fundamentals of Modern Operating Systems?

I felt like the "Operating systems" from SDC will transfer to TESU as COS-240 Operating systems.

I hope they both duplicate COS-240! Cause I'm going to start the Intro to Operating Systems now. I don't need any more LL in CS, so I hope this intro course transfers as COS-240.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(11-13-2018, 04:56 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Yeah taking your advice, the thing is I wonder if the "Intro to Operating Systems" course at SDC will transfer to TESU as ITS-160 Fundamentals of Modern Operating Systems?

I felt like the "Operating systems" from SDC will transfer to TESU as COS-240 Operating systems.

I hope they both duplicate COS-240! Cause I'm going to start the Intro to Operating Systems now. I don't need any more LL in CS, so I hope this intro course transfers as COS-240.

I suspect they will come in as different equivalencies but who knows. Either way, whether they come in as ITS-160 and COS-240 won't matter much since they're both LL. If they don't duplicate, you can always use one in GenEd electives if you don't have more room in your AOS. Smile But then again, you're probably already full up there since you have the prior degree.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
@bjchenug The TESU operating systems course required for the BACS is LL. TESU has two OS courses, one is ITS-160 used for the BS in Cyber Security.

TESU also offers COS-240 which is used for the BA CS, both are LL, TESU has no UL OS courses.

@merlin Yes I'm full!! With extra!! Lol I need COS-240 to finish the BA CS.

I decided to do the Database Management course instead, the operating systems is too risky, I don't have time to waste.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

If anyone can complete this course let me know. I don't have a clue what to do for the final assignment. The course did NOT prepare me at all. If anyone completes it let me know! As for now this course cannot be finished for me.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(11-13-2018, 05:04 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @bjchenug The TESU operating systems course required for the BACS is LL. TESU has two OS courses, one is ITS-160 used for the BS in Cyber Security.

TESU also offers COS-240 which is used for the BA CS, both are LL, TESU has no UL OS courses.

@merlin Yes I'm full!! With extra!! Lol I need COS-240 to finish the BA CS.

I decided to do the Database Management course instead, the operating systems is too risky, I don't have time to waste.

You will find the database management course much more straightforward. My biggest gripe is that the content is a bit buggy in places and doesn't match the exam 100%, which made the final exam a bit annoying. Doubly so since some of the final exam questions are poorly worded and/or don't offer any correct answers. Given my prior experience working with database systems, I was expecting 100% going into the final and ended up in the low 90s due to the issues.

However, the final project is on point and can be completed by anyone who pays close attention to the course material. If you have real-world experience with setting up and managing your own MySQL databases, using SQL commands, and manipulating database schemas, you should find it pretty easy. The annoying part is that they require you to use screenshots to document everything, and the place they recommend setting up the test database wasn't allowing new signups when I did it. So I had to use my own setup.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
@Merlin Thanks! I did the first few lessons it seems good so far, I'm also doing App Academy's online boot camp to get my web dev skills up to date.

As long as I can pass it's not a big deal I guess, right now I just want to be finished with this. I haven't used MySQL in a while but one I get going shouldn't be a problem.

I never knew study.com was os much trouble! the way people talk about it made me think they were nice, but they are actually the worst course provider I have experienced (and I did Shmoop!) it seems like it's just their CS courses though.

Study.com get your CS courses in Order!!! The easiest CS course I did was the discrete math, it was actually quite nice. But the Pure CS courses, seems like they have some bugs...
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

@armstrong
I think SDC will be improving their courses and refining them. The new cs courses certainly aren't perfect but I think they're a start.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
@NMomadic I know it seems like I'm complaining, because I am grateful we finally got some CS courses but it's frustrating to spend days on a course, go through the material, pass the quizzes only to realize the course did not prepare you for the final.

For C it was okay because I know C, for Computer Architecture is was okay because I did something similar already. for operating systems its not okay! I use Unix everyday and have designed with FreeRTOS (now AmazonRTOS) on uCs and still don't have a clue about what they're asking us to do. They said read the links they provided to finish the assignment, I did and still don't know what to do.

It gets me a bit mad to not be able to finish a course I took my free time doing, especially when you're paying shelling out $200 US in addition to $70 to do a course you can't complete is hard. The exchange rate here is almost 7:1 so I'm losing time and it's costing me money, I am grateful it's cheaper than a college course, but there are cheaper course providers that have better quality. This is now my 3rd CS course that I think doesn't prepare you at all for the final project.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,686 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 540 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM