Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Study.com Database Management Final Project FYI
Just a heads up about this for those of you planning to do this course. The final project has several prompts that don't tell you to show the table. It just says something along the lines of take a screen cap of the resulting screen after you input the SQL and click on "go." But apparently they also want you to display the table that results for the screen cap. When I got my project back there were a lot of points taken off because I didn't show the table and that was the only thing wrong with it. I just followed their instructions exactly. Even if they didn't give me the command to do it, I think they should have at least made it clear they wanted me to show the table in the screen cap. So just FYI, make sure you show it before taking your screen cap and good luck. It's a pretty easy project otherwise Smile
[-] The following 7 users Like fork's post:
  • camjenks, davewill, dfrecore, Dorothy44, MNomadic, mvk, Yenisei
If the only result of the SQL statement is to change a table(s), then it makes sense they would want to see the resulting table(s). They should have been more specific.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • Dorothy44, fork
Well I figured hey maybe they just wanted to see the SQL. It literally just says screen cap the result of the SQL which contains no select or describe statements so of course the result won't show the table. You only need to look at the SQL to see that it's correct. Showing the table won't matter other than I suppose to make it easier to grade. Well anyway I just redid it with all the tables and the SQL showing so hopefully that will be what they're looking for. It's really not a hard project other than the instructions being vague. BTW the final exam was a complete curveball. Nothing like the practice tests which I did really well on. Some of it I didn't remember seeing in the lessons at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like fork's post:
  • Dorothy44, Yenisei
Do I need to show the step by step, or just need to show the tables?
(06-11-2018, 12:52 AM)richland Wrote: Do I need to show the step by step, or just need to show the tables?

I think you need to show both, but I'm not absolutely certain on that. Just to be sure, I put all the SQL in one command on each prompt so that both the SQL and the table could fit on one screen. I haven't got the second submission of my project back yet so I can't say if that is ok with them or not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fork's post:
  • Dorothy44
(06-11-2018, 10:42 AM)fork Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 12:52 AM)richland Wrote: Do I need to show the step by step, or just need to show the tables?

I think you need to show both, but I'm not absolutely certain on that. Just to be sure, I put all the SQL in one command on each prompt so that both the SQL and the table could fit on one screen. I haven't got the second submission of my project back yet so I can't say if that is ok with them or not.

I had the same issue and lost a few points for it. You have to show the output of the command and then show the table. Many will be multiple screenshots. I assumed they just wanted to see the output of the command and results, but they want you to show the table even though it doesn't instruct it. Obviously, they have their own sheets they go by that differs from our prompts. There were also mistakes in the data to be entered when I took it, but I did not lose points over that since I noted it in the document.
TESU BSBA CIS - March 2019
Clep: College Algebra, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, History of U.S. I, History of U.S. II, Principles of Management, Introductory Sociology, College Composition, American Government, Financial Accounting, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Marketing, Information Systems, Introductory Business Law, Introductory Psychology, Western Civilization I, Spanish Language, Biology, Social Science and History, Precalculus, Calculus
Study.com: FIN-102 Personal Finance, FIN-101 Principles of Finance, ACC-102 Managerial Accounting, BUS-308 Globalization and International Management, CS-302 Systems Analysis and Design, CS-303 Database Management, COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, BUS-113 Business Communication, STAT-101 Principles of Statistics
OnlineDegree.com: Computer Science CS101
Saylor.org: CS402, BUS303, CS302
Certs: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, MCSA, LPIC-1, CCNA
TESU: BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
[-] The following 2 users Like camjenks's post:
  • Dorothy44, fork
Can you please tell me how many question on final proctored exam? Are most of it from quizzes?
(06-12-2018, 11:57 AM)richland Wrote: Can you please tell me how many question on final proctored exam? Are most of it from quizzes?

The exam I took had 70 questions and it was nothing like the practice tests or quizzes. Ok, there were a couple that were similar just worded differently but most of it was new. Some questions were worded so badly I couldn't understand what was being asked. Many things were asked that I don't remember seeing in the course at all. All I can say about that one is good luck, you'll need it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fork's post:
  • Dorothy44
According the project instruction, we only need to take screen shots of final step of each prompt, and I try to contact their customer services, and they have no idea what I am talking about. (lol) I guess I will cancel the membership end of the month.
[-] The following 2 users Like richland's post:
  • Dorothy44, fork
(06-13-2018, 11:33 AM)richland Wrote: According the project instruction, we only need to take screen shots of final step of each prompt, and I try to contact their customer services, and they have no idea what I am talking about. (lol) I guess I will cancel the membership end of the month.

Yeah the instructions are vague and don't tell you what they actually want to see. I followed the instructions exactly the first time but they still marked a bunch off because I didn't read their minds  Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like fork's post:
  • camjenks, Dorothy44

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 2 50 2 hours ago
Last Post: Livia_Drusila
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,425 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,615 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,034 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 759 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 311 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 339 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 367 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,038 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,911 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly