Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Final Exam
So after I failed the History class by 2% with Shmoop, I am trying my luck with Study.com.
How are the final exams? Are they timed, can I retake just like the other quizzes?
DSST - Health and Human Development - 436
DSST - Computing and Information Technology - 413
germanmommy Wrote:So after I failed the History class by 2% with Shmoop, I am trying my luck with Study.com.
How are the final exams? Are they timed, can I retake just like the other quizzes?
Final is timed. 2 hours for 100 questions. You can retake it 3 days later but then you use up the other test for the month (2 a month). If you get a descent score (70%) or above on the practice final, you should be good to go for the final. You get 3 chances on every quiz. If you get 5/5 on every one (very possible), all you need is a 55% on the final.
Try the practice test 2 or 3 times before the final test and you should be good to go.
Trust me - study.com is a million times easier than shmoop!!! If you get the points from the quizzes, all you need is 55% on the final. That means you can miss almost half the questions on the final and still pass the course. And it isn't hard to get the points on the quizzes because they even give you the option of seeing the answers right at the bottom of the quiz! So if you miss one or two you can study the questions before you re-take the quiz.

As far as the tests, what I found was that the quizzes, while tedious, really prepare you for the final. There is so much repetition that you can't help but learn the key points. I took the practice exams several times and they were a good indicator of how well I would do on the final. I was really nervous on the first course. I over-studied and stressed out way too much. By the 9th course I took I blew through it as fast I could and didn't really "study", just took the final exam and was fine - never once even came close to not passing an exam and I was doing on average one course a week so not like I was spending weeks preparing for the exam. With that said, I have heard that some of the finance and accounting courses are not that way, but I think with anything history/literature/social sciences related its pretty easy.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
germanmommy Wrote:So after I failed the History class by 2% with Shmoop, I am trying my luck with Study.com.

Shmoop courses are a joke imo, I think I am really good with history and I barley scratched by passing these courses. Which History Course did you miss by 2% if you still have the time you might want to do Modern European History. It was definitely much easier then the other two. I think I only need a few questions correct on the final to complete it and just quick answered to get it done.

Study.com course have been the same for me just do all the lessons/watch the videos. I did zero studying between finishing the course and taking the final. Never scored under a 68% on a final in the classes I took. I also averaged about a course per week.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I did the Modern European History. I am a visual learner, and it was just so much material with shmoop, and then after a while it got boring that is when my mind start to wonder somewhere else while reading ... go figure. Well, I hope this time around with Study.com I will pass. I like the video's so much better. I choose United States History II
germanmommy Wrote:I did the Modern European History. I am a visual learner, and it was just so much material with shmoop, and then after a while it got boring that is when my mind start to wonder somewhere else while reading ... go figure. Well, I hope this time around with Study.com I will pass. I like the video's so much better. I choose United States History II

Good choice. You will do fine. Doing the Chapter tests really help. They don't factor that in the grade but it's a great study guide.
How similar are the questions from the practice final to the real final? I just need 55% and I got a 88% in my two practice exams. I am just stressing as I cannot blow this one like shmoop
germanmommy Wrote:How similar are the questions from the practice final to the real final? I just need 55% and I got a 88% in my two practice exams. I am just stressing as I cannot blow this one like shmoop

You should do fine :-) Everytime my daughter got over 70 on practice she passed without a problem. She took this course and others through Study.com. Passed everyone. Chapter tests help a lot too.
Clodyneseidel Wrote:You should do fine :-) Everytime my daughter got over 70 on practice she passed without a problem. She took this course and others through Study.com. Passed everyone. Chapter tests help a lot too.

I took all the chapter exams, they do help a lot. Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 3 65 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,427 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,616 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,049 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 759 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 339 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 367 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 336 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,038 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,911 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly