Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com International User
It has been suggested to me undertake 101L Into to Biology With Lab at study.com for the UMPI Lab requirement . I’m wondering if any international (non-US Resident) has used it and can let me know from there own experience if their proctoring system Software Secure and the virtual Lab with Labster works for international students.  I know proctoring via RPNow Does on other sites but ProctorU doesn’t so would appreciate confirmation before I pay the Study.com Membership cost.  I have asked study.com but not had a response for a few days.
Study.com uses RPNow, so you should be good! I've taken SDC exams from outside of the US with no problems aside from a couple of minor computer glitches that can happen to anyone anywhere. I had the internet drop out for a couple of seconds once and RPNow kicked me out. As soon as the internet came back (which was immediately), I simply logged back into the test and all was good.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
I haven't read any issues in regards to international users and Study.com, they're fine if you have a stable internet connection. If not, as long as you can re-connect, they can review the proctored video. I don't think any issues will arise, even if you're on older technology like me...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have used ProctorU many times (since I´m at the UoPeople), I´m not at the US, and I have never had any problem.

Now I have been doing the exams in SDC, and so far, no problem, however, I haven´t gotten my exam grades yet, since they are still "under review". So I still don´t know if I did all the "id photo" and "scan room video" correctly in the PSI browser system.
I got my final grade in "Humanities 101: Intro to the Humanities", so all was okay.

For the ID, I just used my national ID, I didn´t even need a passport. All normal, I was not sure about the ID picture, since they show a small rectangle in the screen and I didn´t know if the ID was supposed to be in that small space, or it was just an indication of which was the center of the frame.

I took a picture taking all the available space in the screen, and it was accepted correctly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,301 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,475 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,635 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 551 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 278 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 681 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM