Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Math 108: Discrete Mathematics - Optional Quiz and final exam
I am learning Math 108 Discrete Mathematics on Study.com, and I found some quizzes are marked as optional. like in Chapter 6 there 3 quizzes that jumped to statistics 101 Principles of Statistics. May I know if those parts will appear in the final exam?

And will the final exam come with all new quizzes instead of repeated in Chapter Quiz? Because I see Chapter Quiz is repeating with each lesson's quiz.

Thanks in advance!
(10-12-2022, 03:08 AM)Titan_s Wrote: I am learning Math 108 Discrete Mathematics on Study.com, and I found some quizzes are marked as optional. like in Chapter 6 there 3 quizzes that jumped to statistics 101 Principles of Statistics. May I know if those parts will appear in the final exam?

And will the final exam come with all new quizzes instead of repeated in Chapter Quiz? Because I see Chapter Quiz is repeating with each lesson's quiz.

Thanks in advance!

I'm working on the same course.  Generally what I've found on SDC is that there are a solid chunk of questions on the final that are exact copies of quiz questions, another bit that are the same question asked a different way and maybe less than 10% completely different questions (or maybe just ones I forgot about I dunno).  As far as optional, I do the lesson, I don't do the quiz.  Not sure if they'll show up on the test, but the understanding can't hurt.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
For Study.com courses, I've always gone through each and every one of their quizzes, optional or not. That is because I like to retain and review the info that has been taught in the lessons and make sure I recall it. That's one reason I do the final exam before I do assignments as I have a hard time retaining information. If you know the relevant subject matter well enough, you shouldn't need to worry about "different or same questions" coming up, I would focus on the quizzes, final and if any assignments, get them done.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you, spohara and bjcheung77.

It seems Study.com is a little bit more difficult than Sophia, as Sophia is openbook while study.com even has limitations for the math calculator.
Let me hit the books and then get ready for the final...
If you score 100% on the quizzes (3 tries), then you only need 55% on the final to pass.

Typically, you score on the final within 10% of what you get on the practice exam.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I would recommend you to do all quizzes they give. It might be optional. but the question will be on the exam but in another form. I also used some additional sources for preparing for it. Don't underestimate such things. The education system is so tricky sometimes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,353 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,464 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 752 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,826 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 333 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 323 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly