Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Number of Courses I Can Transfer Per Month
Hello everyone,

I read that while I can use Study.com allows me to transfer up to 90 credits at TESU through the $199.99/$179.99 College Accelerator subscription. While this is great and I already got 18 credits and will be able to earn a total of 84 college credits along with a few free exams and to mu knowledge 1 TECEP exam. However, I read in the book One and Done by Paul Warburg which was published in 2015 that I can only transfer 2 courses per month. According to Study.com it says I can take 2 exams per month. Is this still true? If so, is it still worth it for me to take more than 2 Study.com courses (I'm thinking of doing 3 courses per month) per month and will I still be able to complete my 1-year plan by using other sources of credit-by-examination to speed up the process as well while taking my Study.com courses?
You can do as many courses per month through them as you want. It just costs an additional $70 fee for each additional proctored final that you do in a month. So it actually becomes more economical to do 3 or more classes with them in a month(if you can handle it).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • UnbreakablyDetermined
The information is now outdated on this. Study.com now allows you to purchase extra exams for $70 each if you have already completed the two that are included in the month.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • UnbreakablyDetermined
Yes you can purchase an additional exam. I thinks its more economical. for example this month I did C programming and Discrete Mathematics, my membership expires on the 23rd, I purchased another exam for computer architecture and may purchase another before the membership is up. So my total cost for 4 exams will be $339.

If I only did 2 exams per month then it would take me two months and cost $398. So you save by doing more exams per month. My savings of $59 is enough to purchase another course at SL or pay for some proctored exams. So it is good.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Muldoon
it's hard to keep print content up to date (I struggle with that in my book) but this board is the right place, so you're good to go!

Know that you're not limited to transferring only 90 credits to TESU, you can transfer everything except for 1 class- the 90 credit cap is per provider. You can still do 90 with Study.
There is no limit on the number of courses you can TRANSFER to TESU on a monthly basis. So you can take as many courses you want through Study.com, and transfer courses whenever you want to. So if you took 2 courses per month for 6 months, you could transfer all 12 courses at once. Or you could transfer 2 courses per month; or whatever.

There is a limit of 90cr from a single provider or 80cr from CC's (in total). There is also a limit of how many evaluations TESU will do if you're not enrolled (2 evals after application, until you become an enrolled student; then it's unlimited). Those are the actual limits I know about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-04-2018, 09:05 AM)UnbreakablyDetermined Wrote: Hello everyone,

I read that while I can use Study.com allows me to transfer up to 90 credits at TESU through the $199.99/$179.99 College Accelerator subscription. While this is great and I already got 18 credits and will be able to earn a total of 84 college credits along with a few free exams and to mu knowledge 1 TECEP exam. However, I read in the book One and Done by Paul Warburg which was published in 2015 that I can only transfer 2 courses per month. According to Study.com it says I can take 2 exams per month. Is this still true? If so, is it still worth it for me to take more than 2 Study.com courses (I'm thinking of doing 3 courses per month) per month and will I still be able to complete my 1-year plan by using other sources of credit-by-examination to speed up the process as well while taking my Study.com courses?

I think there is some confusion between the two exams per month that come free with the Study.com college accelerator subscription and transferring credits. You can always transfer as many courses as you have taken. You can also take more than two exams per month if you're willing to pay $70 extra per exam attempt.

I can verify this myself as I was taking between 3 and 6 courses per month from Study.com over the last three months. At the end of last month, I transferred the results of all 19 of my Study.com courses to TESU at the same time without incident.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 312 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,296 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 164 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 881 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 349 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,348 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,445 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,450 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az