Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Offering Free Degrees to Every Adult Working or Living in Mountain View
If you live or work in Mountain View, California, where Study.com is located, Study.com is offering you a free bachelor's degree from Thomas Edison State University. You can't already have a bachelor's degree. There's no catch other than you have to suffer through Study.com's courses.

Silicon Valley Company Offering Free College Degree To Every Adult Living Or Working In Its City | NBC Bay Area
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Not everyone wants to read an entire textbook, constantly quiz on flashcards, and cram for a few weeks before taking a CLEP or similar exam. I don't consider Study.com courses to be a form of suffering at all. They take a few days to get through. I'm getting 90 credits through them for less than $1,000. To each their own.
ndelcollo Wrote:Not everyone wants to read an entire textbook, constantly quiz on flashcards, and cram for a few weeks before taking a CLEP or similar exam. I don't consider Study.com courses to be a form of suffering at all. They take a few days to get through. I'm getting 90 credits through them for less than $1,000. To each their own.

Good for you, but that's not the main point of this thread. I'm just providing information that could help someone if they live or work in Mountain View. I've used videos to study for exams before; they were just higher quality, and I didn't have to deal with excessive quizzing.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:If you live or work in Mountain View, California, where Study.com is located, Study.com is offering you a free bachelor's degree from Thomas Edison State University. You can't already have a bachelor's degree. There's no catch other than you have to suffer through Study.com's courses.

Silicon Valley Company Offering Free College Degree To Every Adult Living Or Working In Its City | NBC Bay Area

Is TESU waiving the 90 credits from one source and the capstone course? Or is study.com really just offering 90 free credits? Either way doesn't matter to me I don't live anywhere near there. I just though those are interesting questions.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
This is phenomenal! I love Study.com, it's been a great experience for me. Their customer service especially! I didn't even really watch the videos. I just read the transcripts, took the quizzes, and did the finals. Loved it!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
sanantone Wrote:Good for you, but that's not the main point of this thread. I'm just providing information that could help someone if they live or work in Mountain View. I've used videos to study for exams before; they were just higher quality, and I didn't have to deal with excessive quizzing.

It seems like the main point of this thread was to take an unnecessary shot at Study.com even after posting about the incredible thing they are doing for the residents of their town. I'm sure people will be more than happy to "suffer" through the courses to earn a degree for no cost. I guess I just didn't understand how the last sentence was relevant at all to the link.
This is pretty generous of Study.com, good for them!

I'd gladly "suffer" through more study.com. I have an embarrassingly short attention span, and the short videos and quizzes help me stay focused. Being able to get through them in 3days or so is a huge benefit too.

I get that no one source is for everyone, and there is no one size fits all solution, but study.com is still a great service for many.

And to your point, it's nice to see what study.com is doing for their community. Thanks for sharing.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thank you for all the great feedback! We are very excited about helping out our local community with this program. To answer these questions...

Synicaal Wrote:Is TESU waiving the 90 credits from one source and the capstone course? Or is study.com really just offering 90 free credits? Either way doesn't matter to me I don't live anywhere near there. I just though those are interesting questions.

Here is how the program works:
  1. Apply to the program with a short survey
  2. Work with a success coach to create a degree plan
  3. Take courses on Study.com
  4. Transfer and complete final course(s) from Thomas Edison
  5. Graduate with a bachelor's degree from TESU

If you're interested, you can learn more at study.com/mv

Thanks!
The Study.com Team
Study.com Wrote:Thank you for all the great feedback! We are very excited about helping out our local community with this program. To answer these questions...

Here is how the program works:
  1. Apply to the program with a short survey
  2. Work with a success coach to create a degree plan
  3. Take courses on Study.com
  4. Transfer and complete final course(s) from Thomas Edison
  5. Graduate with a bachelor's degree from TESU

If you're interested, you can learn more at study.com/mv

Thanks!
The Study.com Team

Awesome program but probably 99% of the people on here wont benefit from it. Overall still an excellent thing study.com is doing.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
sanantone Wrote:If you live or work in Mountain View, California, where Study.com is located, Study.com is offering you a free bachelor's degree from Thomas Edison State University. You can't already have a bachelor's degree. There's no catch other than you have to suffer through Study.com's courses.

It seems they are doing some great things for folks already disadvantaged enough to have to live in CA, now that is suffering. But if you really can't deal with study.com you could always try a free saylor course Wink

Now to just get my grade on the last two finals I did for study.com this weekend...
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 172 9 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 678 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,499 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,634 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,341 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 374 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,047 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,923 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle