Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Principles of Finance question
Same for me. It was my last guardian scholarship class. I took most of Sunday(yesterday) to work through the quizzes and felt pretty solid about it. I was falling asleep during the last few chapters but really wanted to get through the quizzes before bed last night.
Got home from work today, took the dogs for a good 3 mile walk to procrastinate, decided to go grocery shopping even though I didn't need anything, ate dinner and then when I could no longer find anything to occupy my time... I took the practice final and got 72% so without double guessing myself I just dove in to the proctored to get it done with while things were still fresh.

I hear you about life obligations but don't let the opportunity to just get it done with slip by! You've got this. Crush it out.
inkleind Wrote:I hear you about life obligations but don't let the opportunity to just get it done with slip by! You've got this. Crush it out.

Thanks. I have to try. I just don't want to fail and use up an exam.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'll probably only need about 56% on the final Smile I was thinking 70%.

Yeah... Knowing that you only need a 56 really helps take the pressure off for sure!
I'm liking this course. There are so many topics, and I find most of them reasonably interesting and educational. I like study.com's format (and hope that I like SL at least this much, when I take my first SL course). I feel their lessons and questions are mostly very well written.

I finished the course and proctored final. I find that after too many hours in one day, I get really bored with study.com courses. I didn't realize there would be so much repetition of certain concepts, across lessons. But when it's repetitious, I get through that lesson much faster, so it's not that bad.

I could have done it much faster, but I did want to actually learn.

Question about the final exam for this course (and in general for all Study.com exams); what is allowed for the proctored final? Notes? Calculator? Excel? Do I need to memorize the formulas for calculations or will that sort of thing not be on the final? I haven't taken any finals through S.c yet so I dunno what the process is.
Gymfan15 Wrote:Question about the final exam for this course (and in general for all Study.com exams); what is allowed for the proctored final? Notes? Calculator? Excel? Do I need to memorize the formulas for calculations or will that sort of thing not be on the final? I haven't taken any finals through S.c yet so I dunno what the process is.

They allow a non-graphing calculator, which can't be a phone, tablet, software. They say the numbers are chosen so that you won't need the calculator.

No notes.

No other software.

I think that others have said practice finals are a good example of the real ones. I haven't taken practice finals yet.

How was the proctored final?
I'm working on this course now and it's quite hard for me.
Were there many questions that needs calculation?
mickey20 Wrote:How was the proctored final?
I'm working on this course now and it's quite hard for me.
Were there many questions that needs calculation?

No. I did not have a calculator and expected to see more calculations and formulas. I did not memorize any formulas. I decided I could afford to get all of those questions wrong, because I was good with the rest of the material.

However, I am pretty good at microeconomics, personal finance, and math. If a question required a simple calculation (just dividing easy number), I would have not realized it because I was going quickly.

Getting ready to take the test just passed the practice final with an 88% hopefully the final is similar and I am ready.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 237 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,322 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,589 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,340 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 362 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 730 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 358 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 757 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,900 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly