Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Proctored Exam Grade Time?
(07-14-2020, 03:51 AM)Nilv Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 10:10 AM)P226mem Wrote: Several of us were having what seemed like delays.  Check out this thread to see that several of us had wait times of 8 or 9 days.  I took one on the 10th of this month and it was graded on 18th.  Another one, I took on 15th and got back on 24th.  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ading-time

When I did ticket with sdc support, it read like a copy and paste answer about assignments that I knew didn't apply to my situation.  I had to turn in the assignment (from a course that was not presentation skills in workplace) and that was already graded within hours.  And with Presentation skills course, you're right there are no assignments.  So I think you got the standard copy and paste answer on that ticket.

If your trying to make sure you get your SDC discount with TESU, this quote from TESU website may be helpful to know https://www.tesu.edu/studycom
"Effective July 1, 2020, new students will no longer be accepted into the Study.com partnership with the tuition reduction benefit. All transcripts verifying a successfully completed Study.com course prior to June 30, 2020, must be received no later than September 30, 2020, in order to receive the benefit. For Study.com students currently enrolled in a Study.com course at the time of application, TESU must receive all current enrollment verifications by June 30, 2020. Providing the Study.com student satisfies verification, and the student’s account maintains continuous active enrollment in the University by taking at least 3 SH of TESU credit each 12 month period, the student will continue to receive the partnership’s tuition reduction. "

I'm hoping you get your SDC grade by the 30th so it all works out. It's a little frustrating with that tesu deadline as the completion date on the SDC transcript is not the day you took the final, but the day the exam was approved.

oh and I don't know if it matters, but the moment I got the email from SDC that exam was approved and I passed, I went into my SDC account and requested the transcript from there.  Sent the next business day via email.

Thank you so much for sharing. It's very helpful to me.

If you request from the ACE account the validation that you have taken an exam it show the date I have taken the exam, not the date they decide to review it to release the grade. The date I take the exam said you "PASSED", it can take from 24 hour to 1 month just to be reviewed, but is not our fault you need to consider is the date you pass the exam, even at presidential normal school the date you took the exam is the one to be considered and not the date when the professor has his chance to review it to confirm it is your passed  date.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(07-14-2020, 06:08 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 10:10 AM)P226mem Wrote: Several of us were having what seemed like delays.  Check out this thread to see that several of us had wait times of 8 or 9 days.  I took one on the 10th of this month and it was graded on 18th.  Another one, I took on 15th and got back on 24th.  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ading-time

When I did ticket with sdc support, it read like a copy and paste answer about assignments that I knew didn't apply to my situation.  I had to turn in the assignment (from a course that was not presentation skills in workplace) and that was already graded within hours.  And with Presentation skills course, you're right there are no assignments.  So I think you got the standard copy and paste answer on that ticket.

If your trying to make sure you get your SDC discount with TESU, this quote from TESU website may be helpful to know https://www.tesu.edu/studycom
"Effective July 1, 2020, new students will no longer be accepted into the Study.com partnership with the tuition reduction benefit. All transcripts verifying a successfully completed Study.com course prior to June 30, 2020, must be received no later than September 30, 2020, in order to receive the benefit. For Study.com students currently enrolled in a Study.com course at the time of application, TESU must receive all current enrollment verifications by June 30, 2020. Providing the Study.com student satisfies verification, and the student’s account maintains continuous active enrollment in the University by taking at least 3 SH of TESU credit each 12 month period, the student will continue to receive the partnership’s tuition reduction. "

I'm hoping you get your SDC grade by the 30th so it all works out. It's a little frustrating with that tesu deadline as the completion date on the SDC transcript is not the day you took the final, but the day the exam was approved.

oh and I don't know if it matters, but the moment I got the email from SDC that exam was approved and I passed, I went into my SDC account and requested the transcript from there.  Sent the next business day via email.

If you request from the ACE account the validation that you have taken an exam it show the date I have taken the exam, not the date they decide to review it to release the grade. The date I take the exam said you "PASSED", it can take from 24 hour to 1 month just to be reviewed, but is not our fault you need to consider is the date you pass the exam, even at presidential normal school the date you took the exam is the one to be considered and not the date when the professor has his chance to review it to confirm it is your passed  date.

Smile  Study.com fixed my exam date to qualify for the partnership discount today the send a new email to TESU apologizing the error.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 2 users Like gams007's post:
  • Muldoon, ss20ts
(07-15-2020, 01:58 PM)gams007 Wrote: Smile  Study.com fixed my exam date to qualify for the partnership discount today the send a new email to TESU apologizing the error.

Excellent news!
(07-14-2020, 06:08 AM)gams007 Wrote:

If your trying to make sure you get your SDC discount with TESU, this quote from TESU website may be helpful to know https://edubirdie.com/take-my-online-class-for-me

Thank you for such a valuable information.
Hopefully ACE is getting credited by the (exam date) and not this ridiculous wait to review a video proctoring. I have no idea if I will be able to finish the Chemistry course I just started. It has to be completed before it expires at the end of August and gets downgraded to an unusable Chemistry at TESU.

Now after seeing they have a big delay to get your final approved, I am in an an almost impossible time crunch to finish an entire Chemistry + lab course in under 2 weeks just to be safe with their review times and the lab shipping is delayed unknown due to Covid on top of that. Should probably just scrap the class because it's almost certain to end in failure and a huge waste of time. Still waiting on a stupid review for my other course I took through them. Not sure why they can't just approve the passed final in 30 seconds instead of a 2 week delay. They had no problem taking my $199 and processing that immediately..
(07-30-2020, 11:47 AM)rpmranger Wrote: Hopefully ACE is getting credited by the (exam date) and not this ridiculous wait to review a video proctoring. I have no idea if I will be able to finish the Chemistry course I just started. It has to be completed before it expires at the end of August and gets downgraded to an unusable Chemistry at TESU.

Now after seeing they have a big delay to get your final approved, I am in an an almost impossible time crunch to finish an entire Chemistry + lab course in under 2 weeks just to be safe with their review times and the lab shipping is delayed unknown due to Covid on top of that. Should probably just scrap the class because it's almost certain to end in failure and a huge waste of time. Still waiting on a stupid review for my other course I took through them. Not sure why they can't just approve the passed final in 30 seconds instead of a 2 week delay. They had no problem taking my $199 and processing that immediately..

My guess is that you are going for the BS Information Technology from TESU?

The Chemistry/Physics with labs is a lot of extra work.  It would be nice to get some reports on how much time people spent doing those courses. 

I recommend people do the BA Computer Science because it is almost exactly class by class the same as Information Tech except you avoid those science courses.  Career-wise makes no difference and Computer Science is the more popular degree.

For study.com my papers seem like they are graded in 1-2 days though I'm waiting like 7 days or more for the video review. You would think the video review would be quicker.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-30-2020, 06:47 PM)LevelUP Wrote: rpmranger

The Chemistry/Physics with labs is a lot of extra work.  It would be nice to get some reports on how much time people spent doing those courses. 

I recommend people do the BA Computer Science because it is almost exactly class by class the same as Information Tech except you avoid those science courses.  Career-wise makes no difference and Computer Science is the more popular degree.

For study.com my papers seem like they are graded in 1-2 days though I'm waiting like 7 days or more for the video review.  You would think the video review would be quicker.
Tech Studies BS TESU. SOS-110 and the Capstone is all I have left besides the 2 CHEM or PHYS. Transferring to something else would cause me to take a LOT of extra courses. The Chems that transfer in as CHE-112 or better are a real pain to get alternatively now that they've all been downgraded as of the end of AUG, and the CLEP still doesn't solve the 2 missing LABs problem. If this doesn't work, I'm just giving up and doing (2) 8 week community college courses online. I'll miss December graduation though. I have 4 cr BIO with labs from a prior University but they won't accept those for this program for some reason.
(07-30-2020, 09:52 PM)rpmranger Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 06:47 PM)LevelUP Wrote: rpmranger

For study.com my papers seem like they are graded in 1-2 days though I'm waiting like 7 days or more for the video review.  You would think the video review would be quicker.
Tech Studies BS TESU. SOS-110 and the Capstone is all I have left besides the 2 CHEM or PHYS. Transferring to something else would cause me to take a LOT of extra courses. The Chems that transfer in as CHE-112 or better are a real pain to get alternatively now that they've all been downgraded as of the end of AUG, and the CLEP still doesn't solve the 2 missing LABs problem. If this doesn't work, I'm just giving up and doing (2) 8 week community college courses online. I'll miss December graduation though. I have 4 cr BIO with labs from a prior University but they won't accept those for this program for some reason.

Once you grow accustomed to the speed, ease and low cost of Study.com it is hard to stomach anything else. I did very well with transfer credits so I’m just sucking it up and doing physics at TESU. I know it’s expensive but it is pretty easy.  Sorry you will miss December, I will too.

I had a couple Study.com exams get reviewed in a few days now I have a pile over a week old. Maybe they put you at the end of the line when you take ‘too many’ exams?
(07-31-2020, 12:27 AM)tallpilot Wrote: Once you grow accustomed to the speed, ease and low cost of Study.com it is hard to stomach anything else. I did very well with transfer credits so I’m just sucking it up and doing physics at TESU. I know it’s expensive but it is pretty easy.  Sorry you will miss December, I will too.

I had a couple of Study.com exams get reviewed in a few days now I have a pile over a week old. Maybe they put you at the end of the line when you take ‘too many’ exams?

I did 3 papers, 21 pages or 4000 words total in like 6 hours, and got 90%.  Papers are extra work but they aren't too picky on the grading.  Helps if you know how to B.S. your way through them and not fall into the trap of trying to write a masterpiece.

Agree that Study.com is fast once you get used to it, even the UL courses.

(07-30-2020, 09:52 PM)rpmranger Wrote: Tech Studies BS TESU. SOS-110 and the Capstone is all I have left besides the 2 CHEM or PHYS. Transferring to something else would cause me to take a LOT of extra courses. The Chems that transfer in as CHE-112 or better are a real pain to get alternatively now that they've all been downgraded as of the end of AUG, and the CLEP still doesn't solve the 2 missing LABs problem. If this doesn't work, I'm just giving up and doing (2) 8 week community college courses online. I'll miss December graduation though. I have 4 cr BIO with labs from a prior University but they won't accept those for this program for some reason.

2 8wk community college courses sound like a lot of time and work.  Do the math and figure out your best option.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-31-2020, 02:09 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 12:27 AM)tallpilot Wrote: Once you grow accustomed to the speed, ease and low cost of Study.com it is hard to stomach anything else. I did very well with transfer credits so I’m just sucking it up and doing physics at TESU. I know it’s expensive but it is pretty easy.  Sorry you will miss December, I will too.

I had a couple of Study.com exams get reviewed in a few days now I have a pile over a week old. Maybe they put you at the end of the line when you take ‘too many’ exams?

I did 3 papers, 21 pages or 4000 words total in like 6 hours, and got 90%.  Papers are extra work but they aren't too picky on the grading.  Helps if you know how to B.S. your way through them and not fall into the trap of trying to write a masterpiece.

Agree that Study.com is fast once you get used to it, even the UL courses.

(07-30-2020, 09:52 PM)rpmranger Wrote: Tech Studies BS TESU. SOS-110 and the Capstone is all I have left besides the 2 CHEM or PHYS. Transferring to something else would cause me to take a LOT of extra courses. The Chems that transfer in as CHE-112 or better are a real pain to get alternatively now that they've all been downgraded as of the end of AUG, and the CLEP still doesn't solve the 2 missing LABs problem. If this doesn't work, I'm just giving up and doing (2) 8 week community college courses online. I'll miss December graduation though. I have 4 cr BIO with labs from a prior University but they won't accept those for this program for some reason.

2 8wk community college courses sound like a lot of time and work.  Do the math and figure out your best option.

Trying to figure out the best/fastest option just not having much luck. Even if I can pass the CLEP I'd still have to take labs from TESU or a CC so it really isn't any faster than just taking the whole course that way. I'm having issues with Study.com Chem 111L because I can't even get the lab shipped out. There is some issue with it not being in the database anymore and it's apparantly delayed anyway. Study and Esciencelabs aren't responding to my inquiries and the website just says expect 2 week delays to ship due to Covid. 

The problem is the course gets downgraded at the end of August to an unusable Chemistry (CHE-101). "If" I can even get the lab in 2-3 weeks, I basically have no time to complete it all then wait a week for grading.

How are you guys getting through the Study.com courses quickly? There is a ridiculous amount of quizzes and lessons. For example Chemistry has 129 sections/quizes to get through. Even when you can test out of some of it, there is still over 100 left. It's depressing to even look at the number. It takes FOREVER.

Project management had 94 quizzes, I tested out of 35 or so but there was still a ton to get through.

Sophia courses only had like 12-15 modules to get through and maybe 4 quizzes and a final. It was easily 10x faster for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,327 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,486 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,693 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle