Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Research Methods in Psych and Stats (or not)??
I decided to work on Abnormal Psych first, so didn't get far in either Intro Stats or Research Methods, but based on what others have said, and study.com/TESU transfer guide, I am planning to use it for UL SocSci AOS Smile
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Just a quick update. Received an email stating I had successfully passed the Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology! I was seriously like :confused:... oh! :hurray:

I was ambivalent about Research Methods as the subject matter is/was not my cuppa tea, and was almost looking forward to my backup plan of using the Ed4Credit "Aging and Society" for my last UL SocSci AOS course if I had somehow failed the Research Meth final exam.

Now that I've passed Research Methods and have automatically completed 38/131 of the study.com Intro Stats quizzes, I am reconsidering and leaning towards just biting the bullet and attempting to pass Intro Stats too so that I have it on my BA.SS transcript.

Or maybe I should just stop while I'm ahead Wink
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
My brother is currently taking Study's Research Methods in Psych and is looking for some feedback on how much of the final exam weighs on statistics? He works crazy hours with late-night cram sessions, so any cram-worthy helps like YT vids or similar would be really appreciated for a better grasp of statistics.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Apparently a calculator isn't permitted on the proctored final, so we're guessing this means there aren't any questions asking to calculate standard deviation, variance, and so forth?
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
I just took it a few weeks ago and it's not heavy math. It focuses much more on understands how independent and dependent variables affect each other and being able to recognize what that looks like when it's charted or converted to a statistic. But it's way more simplified than that. Like, it gives you a broad, theoretical overview - focusing on the concept, not so much on how to do anything with it except recognize it.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:I just took it a few weeks ago and it's not heavy math. It focuses much more on understands how independent and dependent variables affect each other and being able to recognize what that looks like when it's charted or converted to a statistic. But it's way more simplified than that. Like, it gives you a broad, theoretical overview - focusing on the concept, not so much on how to do anything with it except recognize it.

Glad to hear!!

I never did finish the study.com Stats because I ended up very sick and had so many other things going on. I am regretting not taking Stats before I finished my BA.SS, especially now that I am done and I have some breathing room, but it is what it is.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 263 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 213 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,222 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Research sources for writing assignments? GizmoJack 23 91,121 05-29-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,280 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 924 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Paths for a degreeless but established SWE to pivot into AI research dan087 12 1,359 01-09-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: omicreativedev