Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Retake?
I haven't failed a study.com exam, but I want to make sure that I know the policy just in case I bomb one. I know we're allowed 2 exams per month and we can retake an exam twice if need be. My question is, would the retake count as the 2nd exam for the month?

Edit: Nvm I just found my answer in another thread. It seems like the retake WILL count as the 2nd exam for the month. Good to know.
Btaylor89 Wrote:I haven't failed a study.com exam, but I want to make sure that I know the policy just in case I bomb one. I know we're allowed 2 exams per month and we can retake an exam twice if need be. My question is, would the retake count as the 2nd exam for the month?

Edit: Nvm I just found my answer in another thread. It seems like the retake WILL count as the 2nd exam for the month. Good to know.

My son bombed Principles of Finance by 2 points and unfortunately it did count against his exams per month.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Btaylor89 Wrote:I haven't failed a study.com exam, but I want to make sure that I know the policy just in case I bomb one. I know we're allowed 2 exams per month and we can retake an exam twice if need be. My question is, would the retake count as the 2nd exam for the month?

Good to know as well, thanks for bringing this one to my attention. I saw this post of yours
Quote:What I did was take two 8 week courses at my local community college and used my pell grant to pay for those. The amount that was left over was sent to me as a refund and I used that to pay for some CLEP and DSST tests. It worked out for me because I didn't have to pay for any of the tests out of pocket.
on another thread and I got a question. I would like to try this out, can you just clarify how apart from filling the FAFSA form. Did you just visit your local CC and applied for admission? What does it take, how does one get in there asap and have FAFSA or Pell grant?

Thanks. Sorry for thread jacking.
Not a problem! It was extremely easy for me and my local cc. I applied online, got a letter in the mail within a week that I had been accepted, filled out the FAFSA, and enrolled in two courses. I'm not sure about your cc, but mine requires you to have 12 credits in order to bypass their placement tests, so that's something you may want to ask about.

I had to be enrolled for 6 credits (2 classes) to be eligible for financial aid. I think I received about $2,000 back after the classes and books were paid for if I remember correctly.
You can also "add" a test for a fee if you ever need to
Btaylor89 Wrote:Not a problem! It was extremely easy for me and my local cc. I applied online, got a letter in the mail within a week that I had been accepted, filled out the FAFSA, and enrolled in two courses. I'm not sure about your cc, but mine requires you to have 12 credits in order to bypass their placement tests, so that's something you may want to ask about.

I had to be enrolled for 6 credits (2 classes) to be eligible for financial aid. I think I received about $2,000 back after the classes and books were paid for if I remember correctly.

I was gonna try with NMJC (New Mexico junior College) as mentioned in the wikia. Maybe, I'll have to look into my local cc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,687 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,813 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM