Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Subscription Question
Hello everyone, I am on Study.com's website about their plans, see here:  https://study.com/academy/plans.html

Currently, I am on the College Accelerator as I am doing at minimum 2 courses a month along with exams.  I want to change this to a lower cost plan, does that allow me to complete the quizzes AND ASSIGNMENTS?

I don't have the time to do the assignments for some of my classes and want to spend the next month or two on doing them, but don't want to pause my membership, what would be the best way to go about this?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(10-05-2019, 09:41 AM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hello everyone, I am on Study.com's website about their plans, see here:  https://study.com/academy/plans.html

Currently, I am on the College Accelerator as I am doing at minimum 2 courses a month along with exams.  I want to change this to a lower cost plan, does that allow me to complete the quizzes AND ASSIGNMENTS?

I don't have the time to do the assignments for some of my classes and want to spend the next month or two on doing them, but don't want to pause my membership, what would be the best way to go about this?

Yes you can complete the quizzes and assignments BUT you have to have the College Accelerator plan to turn them in and get graded for credit.  What I do with mine is this:
One month on Premium plan studying 1 course (you could perhaps study 2), then sign up for Coll Acc plan, take that exam and study for and take the 2nd exam before the month is out.  This gives mine time to prepare but they are only 13 yo so an adult may well be able to study for 2, take the 2 exams and still study for and take a 3rd exam.
The cost ends up being $130/3 credit class but, obviously, if you can do more in that time the cost will be even less.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

You need premium to see the content and the quizzes. For the assignment you need to contact support, they will provide a link so you can submit assignments without the need for any active membership. If it is possible for you, you could try to hit 5 exams each months when you have college accelerator membership.
(10-05-2019, 11:58 AM)TwinMom Wrote: Yes you can complete the quizzes and assignments BUT you have to have the College Accelerator plan to turn them in and get graded for credit.  What I do with mine is this:
One month on Premium plan studying 1 course (you could perhaps study 2), then sign up for Coll Acc plan, take that exam and study for and take the 2nd exam before the month is out.  This gives mine time to prepare but they are only 13 yo so an adult may well be able to study for 2, take the 2 exams and still study for and take a 3rd exam.
The cost ends up being $130/3 credit class but, obviously, if you can do more in that time the cost will be even less.

You don't need College Accelerator plan to turn them in, ask for a link to submit without a membership and they will provide it.
You can use college accelerator to power trough quizzes, check the requirements of the assignments and take the exams, next pause and finish the assignments.
I was told by Study that you cannot do the Final exam until all the assignments were turned in.  Don't know if that is correct but it's what I was told.

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security

(10-06-2019, 03:37 PM)TwinMom Wrote: I was told by Study that you cannot do the Final exam until all the assignments were turned in.  Don't know if that is correct but it's what I was told.

It's not correct. They have been telling people that basically forever, and as far as I know it's never been true.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(10-06-2019, 04:01 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 03:37 PM)TwinMom Wrote: I was told by Study that you cannot do the Final exam until all the assignments were turned in.  Don't know if that is correct but it's what I was told.

It's not correct. They have been telling people that basically forever, and as far as I know it's never been true.

Good to know!

CsmLearn

Yes I really really like study dot com because they give you everything you need to pass the course and they simplify textbook jargon into plain English with a focus on need to know information. That being said, it’s cheaper to grab a beat up textbook for $5 on amazon and study 2-3 courses at a time. Then sign up for the course provider when you have a knowledge base. This is always a smart thing to do, even with brick and mortar education.

That

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,380 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,766 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 612 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 691 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue