Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - TESU - Understanding the Physical & Natural World Req
Hello All,

In case I don't manage to pass the biology CLEP I am setting myself up a backup plan. I should be finished with my last Study.com course in the next few days leaving me about a week left on my subscription. I was checking to see if these two courses from Study.com will count for the Understanding the Physical and Natural World credit requirements. The reason I am asking is I want to start one of them in the event I don't manage to pass the CLEP I already have some of the one done. The two courses are

Biology 101: Intro to Biology ( feel like this one has to count seeing its Biology)

&

Chemistry 101: General Chemistry

Thanks. If one or more of these wont count please advise on what would. Thanks again.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Not sure about the answer as to the Study.com equivalencies but I can tell you about the Biology CLEP Smile

Took the Biology CLEP in 2015- do not believe it has changed since then. From my experience the Biology CLEP is not difficult. The most surprising thing about that CLEP was that I did have one or two matching-style ordering questions, where I had to drag terms into the correct order rather than answer a multiple-choice question. My exam had a lot of ecology and evolution questions, if you know those topics well you should be fine.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Any science or computer science course will count in that section. If you took the Study.com Bio course, I think it's considered overlapping with the CLEP - so there would really be no reason to take both (the CLEP is 6cr, so you get more bang for your buck there).

I personally would think about taking Intro to Computing to put in that section, it's easier than a science course. Or Chemistry, so that it won't overlap if you pass the Bio CLEP exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Any science or computer science course will count in that section. If you took the Study.com Bio course, I think it's considered overlapping with the CLEP - so there would really be no reason to take both (the CLEP is 6cr, so you get more bang for your buck there).

I personally would think about taking Intro to Computing to put in that section, it's easier than a science course. Or Chemistry, so that it won't overlap if you pass the Bio CLEP exam.

So far I have Environment and Humanity DSST in my physical and natural world section so I need one more. I was going to take intro to natural sciences but because you said I can take any science course on study.com I might do Science of Nutrition or Principles of health. Just want to confirm this will work and not overlap the Env. and Humanity right? Thanks
dfrecore Wrote:Any science or computer science course will count in that section. If you took the Study.com Bio course, I think it's considered overlapping with the CLEP - so there would really be no reason to take both (the CLEP is 6cr, so you get more bang for your buck there).

If I pass the Bio CLEP I'm done with that section and would pursue anymore courses from study.com. I was trying to plan ahead. I may use the Bio Study.com course as a starting point to study however. I have 1 more case study and about 30 more lessons then of course the final and then should be done with my last Study.com course. My scholarship remains active till January 31st though so I may as well use it.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,308 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,476 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,649 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,260 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 551 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle