Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Upper Level Course
I just want to make sure I have this right. So I'm taking Advanced Accounting with Study.com. I have 100 points from the quizzes and 85 points from the project. This means that I only need to get a 25% (or 25 points) on the exam to pass the course at 70% correct? The maximum amount of points you can get for this course is 300.
Nvm I got a 90 =)
Btaylor89 Wrote:I just want to make sure I have this right. So I'm taking Advanced Accounting with Study.com. I have 100 points from the quizzes and 85 points from the project. This means that I only need to get a 25% (or 25 points) on the exam to pass the course at 70% correct? The maximum amount of points you can get for this course is 300.

Didn't they just change their syllabus, and you need a 70% on the final to pass, regardless of what your overall score on the course is? I could be wrong, but I thought that was what happened recently.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I don't think so. If that's the case, it definitely hasn't been relayed to me. I know they changed the way the quizzes are scored. You now only have 3 tries to get 100%. I haven't heard anything about the exams changing though.
You just need 210 overall, no final requirements. If you have a 90 and 20 then all you need is a 20 Smile
Just finished the class! The final was easier than I expected
How long are these courses taking?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Actually for that course you need 300 points overall. I found the exam to be easier than I expected too. I think the practice final really prepares you for it!

It takes me about a week and a half to two weeks to complete the study.com courses. But I have a full time job and a child, so I'm sure it's possible to get through them more quickly if you have more time throughout the week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes azt579's post:
  • pfeffer88
One thing I really like about study.com is that a lot of the business courses have overlapping videos so you'll start a course and realize that you've already completed a number of the quizzes for it. I mentioned in another thread that I started the advanced accounting course with around 40% or 50% already completed because I had taken Financial accounting prior to it. Because of that, it took me less than a week to complete the rest of the videos and quizzes for the course.
dfrecore Wrote:Didn't they just change their syllabus, and you need a 70% on the final to pass, regardless of what your overall score on the course is? I could be wrong, but I thought that was what happened recently.

That would be odd with ACE increasing how much they are requiring in project/assignments for accreditation. As we were told in a previous comment Study.com's own communications course was only originally listed as 2 credits and not 3 because it only had one speech required. They increased it to 3-4 and it's now a 3cr class
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
Btaylor89 Wrote:Actually for that course you need 300 points overall. I found the exam to be easier than I expected too. I think the practice final really prepares you for it!

It takes me about a week and a half to two weeks to complete the study.com courses. But I have a full time job and a child, so I'm sure it's possible to get through them more quickly if you have more time throughout the week.

The entire class is out of 300, 210 would = 70%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,340 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,596 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,428 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 738 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 587 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 310 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM