Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - What course is worth paying extra for?
I've completed the 2 courses for this month. I have a week left. Is there an LL course that you can't take at Sophia that's worth paying the extra $70 for? Worst case scenario I can just do some personal learning without taking a proctored exam.
Do the Upper Level HIS 308 course, it's the shortest UL course they have. Or do something you are interested in, a fast option would be the Presentation Skills for the workplace and another is the Library Science 101 course... I suggest something that interest you or you find that may be "fun" to learn.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(04-20-2021, 12:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do the Upper Level HIS 308 course, it's the shortest UL course they have.  Or do something you are interested in, a fast option would be the Presentation Skills for the workplace and another is the Library Science 101 course... I suggest something that interest you or you find that may be "fun" to learn.

HIS 308 has 2 assignments with a requirement of 2000-3000 words. I definitely can't do that in a week. Presentation Skills and Library Science may be doable. I can try my shot at both but I'll probably start with Presentation Skills first. But would it be similar to Sophia's Communication at Work?
[-] The following 1 user Likes carebear_007's post:
  • Pikachu
(04-20-2021, 12:37 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: HIS 308 has 2 assignments with a requirement of 2000-3000 words. I definitely can't do that in a week. Presentation Skills and Library Science may be doable. I can try my shot at both but I'll probably start with Presentation Skills first. But would it be similar to Sophia's Communication at Work?

You don't have to finish the assignments in order to take the exam. You could take the exam and then work on the assignments later.

Presentation Skills in the Workplace can be used for TESU's oral communication requirement. It duplicates neither Sophia's Communication at Work nor Public Speaking, but can be used instead of Public Speaking at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
Moreover, you can finish both Presentation Skills and the Library Science course in one day... if you don't have the time, then two days will suffice.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
It really depends on what you still need, and what school you're going to. For instance, if you're at TESU and don't have the Civic Engagement requirement done, then it would probably be worth doing. If you're going to go to COSC or UMPI and don't have a lab science, then I'd do Bio w/Lab.

But we don't know what you already have and what you need to give you enough info to make a good decision.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-20-2021, 04:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It really depends on what you still need, and what school you're going to.  For instance, if you're at TESU and don't have the Civic Engagement requirement done, then it would probably be worth doing.  If you're going to go to COSC or UMPI and don't have a lab science, then I'd do Bio w/Lab.

But we don't know what you already have and what you need to give you enough info to make a good decision.

I've been all over the place since starting this journey. Long story short, I went from planning on going to Excelsior to switching to TESU and after reading more about UMPI on this forum, I made my final, final, decision to go there.

All I have so far are from Study.com
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work
Business 313: Organizational Communication
Nutrition 101: Science of Nutrition
Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab

I just now finished Presentation Skills and plan on taking the exam tomorrow morning.

After I finish with Study.com, I plan on starting Sophia then InstantCert.

By the way, does anybody know how I can add my courses to my profile?---Is it in the notes portion?
[-] The following 2 users Like carebear_007's post:
  • Francesco Sanders, Pikachu
(04-20-2021, 04:31 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 04:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It really depends on what you still need, and what school you're going to.  For instance, if you're at TESU and don't have the Civic Engagement requirement done, then it would probably be worth doing.  If you're going to go to COSC or UMPI and don't have a lab science, then I'd do Bio w/Lab.

I've been all over the place since starting this journey. Long story short, I went from planning on going to Excelsior to switching to TESU and after reading more about UMPI on this forum, I made my final, final, decision to go there.

All I have so far are from Study.com
Sociology 305: Sociology of Work
Business 313: Organizational Communication
Nutrition 101: Science of Nutrition
Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab

I just now finished Presentation Skills and plan on taking the exam tomorrow morning.

After I finish with Study.com, I plan on starting Sophia then InstantCert.

By the way, does anybody know how I can add my courses to my profile?---Is it in the notes portion?

Since you don't know how/if ICC comes in at UMPI, I'd stick with Study.com and then Sophia.  There's no real reason to do ICC that I know of.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
IIRC, UMPI does take both American Government and Spanish from InstantCert. It doesn't make sense for everyone to take those courses, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Francesco Sanders Wrote:It seems to me that settling on Study.com would be the best solution.

This post is somewhat dependent on what you are taking courses for, if it's for upper level or AOS (area of study), then Study.com is the correct path to pickup the cheapest, easiest, fastest credits for those specific categories. However, having said that, if you're starting off with lower level credits, Sophia.org is your best option unless you're close to a CLEP testing center, I would recommend CLEP/ModernStates.org for exams instead of classes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,365 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,488 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 732 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM