Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts?
(02-11-2023, 10:43 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You can technically do that at TESU, but why? What are you hoping to achieve? There are different options depending on what you want/need.

Thanks for the response. Okay so here is what I need to get done but not sure how to get there.

I am a state certified ESL and math teacher. I want to add the science cert to my license. I only need to take 1 or 2 science classes in order to have enough science courses to get that science cert.

The science classes courses can be any level 100 or above but must show on a college transcript. I can take a variety on either Sophia or Study but I need to know how to get those completed science courses on an official college transcript so I can send it to the state.

Can anyone help me on how to get this accomplished? Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Two options:

1. Just take one (or two) ASU Universal Learner science classes. Everything will automatically be on the Arizona State University transcript. Total cost: $425 per class.

2. Take the Sophia and/or Study.com classes. Apply to TESU ($50); any degree. Send in your transcripts. Pay for (but do not take) the Medical Terminology TECEP ($52). Once evaluated, send your TESU transcript to the state.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(02-11-2023, 01:31 PM)acamp Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 10:43 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You can technically do that at TESU, but why? What are you hoping to achieve? There are different options depending on what you want/need.

Thanks for the response.   Okay so here is what I need to get done but not sure how to get there.  

I am a state certified ESL and math teacher.   I want to add the science cert to my license.  I only need to take 1 or 2 science classes in order to have enough science courses to get that science cert.  

The science classes courses can be any level 100 or above but must show on a college transcript.   I can take a variety on either Sophia or Study but I need to know how to get those completed science courses on an official college transcript so I can send it to the state.  

Can anyone help me on how to get this accomplished?   Thanks all.

You need to find out if you need RA credit or if ACE credit will suffice. Your best bet maybe the ASU courses like Rachel suggested. Then you don't have to worry because they're RA credit and not transfer credit of any kind. They'll be on an ASU transcript.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
@acamp, where did you get your undergrad? Wasn't it at TESU? If so, the easiest option is to verify with the state that they will accept alternative credit even if it's on an institutions transcript, if so, quickly get those science courses from Sophia.org/Study.com or even StraighterLine, it won't matter which provider as long as it's on the TESU transcript that mentions the transferred course and lower or upper level. Do you just need those 18 credits total or do you need more for that subject matter?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(02-11-2023, 05:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Thanks for the response.   Okay so here is what I need to get done but not sure how to get there.  

I am a state certified ESL and math teacher.   I want to add the science cert to my license.  I only need to take 1 or 2 science classes in order to have enough science courses to get that science cert.  

The science classes courses can be any level 100 or above but must show on a college transcript.   I can take a variety on either Sophia or Study but I need to know how to get those completed science courses on an official college transcript so I can send it to the state.  

You need to find out if you need RA credit or if ACE credit will suffice. Your best bet maybe the ASU courses like Rachel suggested. Then you don't have to worry because they're RA credit and not transfer credit of any kind. They'll be on an ASU transcript.

ACE credit will suffice.

(02-11-2023, 06:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @acamp, where did you get your undergrad? Wasn't it at TESU? If so, the easiest option is to verify with the state that they will accept alternative credit even if it's on an institutions transcript, if so, quickly get those science courses from Sophia.org/Study.com or even StraighterLine, it won't matter which provider as long as it's on the TESU transcript that mentions the transferred course and lower or upper level. Do you just need those 18 credits total or do you need more for that subject matter?

Hello!
No I actually graduated from Rutgers. I only need 3-6 science credits more and I’m good to go to get that extra cert.

If I recall correctly you earned your master at WGU.  I would take a few of (or all) the science courses on Sophia and then just send them the Sophia transcript - even if you have to have them think you're considering another degree from them for the short term.  Once on the WGU transcript they're there forever - https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Transfer....ning%20LLC

Edit: if you already have credits for courses that Sophia offers, Study (SDC) offer quite a few more - same process, just Sophia much cheaper.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • acamp, origamishuttle
(02-12-2023, 01:51 PM)allvia Wrote:

If I recall correctly you earned your master at WGU.  I would take a few of (or all) the science courses on Sophia and then just send them the Sophia transcript - even if you have to have them think you're considering another degree from them for the short term.  Once on the WGU transcript they're there forever - https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Transfer....ning%20LLC

Edit: if you already have credits for courses that Sophia offers, Study (SDC) offer quite a few more - same process, just Sophia much cheaper.

GREAT memory . So if I take one or two science courses through Sophia, you think WGU would add those science courses to my old WGU transcript?

(02-12-2023, 03:26 PM)acamp Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 01:51 PM)allvia Wrote:

GREAT memory .   So if I take one or two science courses through Sophia, you think WGU would add those science courses to my old WGU transcript?  

They may if you 'just' send them, but they defiantly would add them if your 'applied' for another degree (I would earn the credits fist, and the degree shouldn't matter - just pick something you don't already have, maybe another bachelor in business - as they are LL credits).  This only works because you already have a guaranteed WGU transcript as a graduate (alumn) from the school. Yes, you may have to put up with a few emails, or calls about signing up (they do stop) - but hard to beat the cost and ease of getting credits on a transcript from a school you already graduated from.

Edit: of course I can't guarantee this, but knowing how WGU works from my own time enrolled there - it should without issue work. I would try this method before possibly paying (even if just to apply elsewhere) to have them added to a 'random' school transcript. As it was suggested by another, getting them added to your (an) exisiting school is always preferred.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • acamp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 158 2 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 425 10 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 885 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,065 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 112 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 502 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,435 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 742 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 257 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM