Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com and Tentative Exam Score Grades?
rowan555 Wrote:My son never got an email - looks like you're good to go! What are you taking next.

Finance 101: Principles of Finance - I'm about 54% down with lessons. I did most of the chapters I am already good with. Focusing the next couple days on focusing on my Human Growth and Development CLEP exam on Saturday

Also Took Exam on 11/3 say grade around 9pm on 11/7 so 4 days. My proctored exam time was probably around 30minutes, may have made them do mine quicker??
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
My kid is working through Principles of Finance a bit more after letting his nerves get the best of him and bombing the final. He's re-taking it on Monday. He's also working on finishing up Communication at SL.
I have to do that SL class. I plan on doing 3-4 SL classes of Dec 17-Jan 17th break (from CC classes) fun fun.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
It seems super easy - he has a 97% average so far - still needs to take the final and do the 2 graded presentations. He HATES anything involving speaking, but he can literally read a piece of paper and still pass, so I told him not to worry too much about it. You can complete that one course in 2 or 3 days easily.
rowan555 Wrote:It seems super easy - he has a 97% average so far - still needs to take the final and do the 2 graded presentations. He HATES anything involving speaking, but he can literally read a piece of paper and still pass, so I told him not to worry too much about it. You can complete that one course in 2 or 3 days easily.

That seems to be the general idea around that course. Multiple people have said it can be completed really quick. I think I will just finish it first right off the rip and also start submitting my papers for English II, then start working on the Accounting Courses. I think I need to take only 4 courses from SL and want to finish them all in about a month.

Synicaal Wrote:That seems to be the general idea around that course. Multiple people have said it can be completed really quick. I think I will just finish it first right off the rip and also start submitting my papers for English II, then start working on the Accounting Courses. I think I need to take only 4 courses from SL and want to finish them all in about a month.

He finished English Comp 2 in about a week, while working on some other things. He has NO accounting experience at all, so it will be interesting to see how long that one takes him. He'll have a full two weeks to complete it but that will be while also finishing Finance and HR Management at Study.com.
Well I wish him luck. Accounting Courses can go either way, you either get it or you don't. Most of the starting concepts are easy. He is also hitting on some stuff in the Finance Courses, he wont be going in fully cold.

I took an exam today and got a preliminary score, so it appears to be working. Great change!
Nice! They are going to become a cornerstone of the forums credit-getting places. Good job study.com
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Aurelius Wrote:I took an exam today and got a preliminary score, so it appears to be working. Great change!

Yes! You can now view your preliminary exam score immediately! Click on "View Study Guide" from your dashboard to see your prelim score and lessons for review. Happy exam-ing Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,362 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,745 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 606 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle