Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com as DSST studyguide
Anyone have any experience with the DSST study courses on Study.com? If so, were they effective? 

Thanks, 

Kel
(07-09-2018, 04:05 PM)GoldieLux Wrote: Anyone have any experience with the DSST study courses on Study.com? If so, were they effective? 

Thanks, 

Kel

following

That's a unique question, I don't know that people here have said they've done that, most just grab the Studycom credit directly. Which exam(s) are you preparing for?
I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to start the DSST study prep for Principles of Advanced English Composition through Study.com since I have an active membership and just recently completed two tests. I'm planning on it taking me a couple of weeks to get through since I'm also starting a new job this week, but I'll update and let you know how it goes.
(07-10-2018, 12:39 PM)JanuarySunshine Wrote: I was wondering the same thing.  I'm going to start the DSST study prep for Principles of Advanced English Composition through Study.com since I have an active membership and just recently completed two tests.  I'm planning on it taking me a couple of weeks to get through since I'm also starting a new job this week, but I'll update and let you know how it goes.

This is the perfect opportunity to do it, as you've already paid for the membership, so you may as well use it to the fullest.

I would also get a copy of the Exam Guide after you're done with the course, to make sure that you've covered everything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • JanuarySunshine, Zippadeedoodah
I used Study.com for their Clep prep when I was using it during my guardian scholarship and I will admit the material takes awhile to go through, but it works. I know their practice exams are awesome because each one has different questions so it really prepares you well for the test. Very pleased with Study.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimmy999's post:
  • JanuarySunshine
I've used Study.com for TECEP prep and it was really useful. I passed in the 80s on each exam I used it for. I definitely recommend using it.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)
Master of Business Administration: ENEB Isabel I

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leedeedee's post:
  • JanuarySunshine
Update: I used it for the DSST History of Vietnam exam. It was useful for the pre-war history questions on the exam. Also, the practice tests helped tremendously, since Prometric doesn’t have a practice exam available for this subject yet. Definitely worth using.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoldieLux's post:
  • cookderosa
(07-20-2018, 07:04 PM)GoldieLux Wrote: Update: I used it for the DSST History of Vietnam exam. It was useful for the pre-war history questions on the exam. Also, the practice tests helped tremendously, since Prometric doesn’t have a practice exam available for this subject yet. Definitely worth using.

Hello!
Did you only use that study.com prep for the DSST? Did you pass the DSST? I’m thinking you did =)
Quote: Hello!
Did you only use that study.com prep for the DSST? Did you pass the DSST? I’m thinking you did =)

Hi acamp,

I used study.com only for some of the early history (pre-war politics, etc.) other than that, my biggest study help for this test was Ken Burn’s newest documentary about the Vietnam War, which is available on Netflix. Study.com was great for skimming over after that series too. Definitely recommend study.com DSST prep. I believe a person might be able to get a pass by using this single resource. However, I have a horrible memory so the documentary helped.

Edited to say: yes! I passed. :-)
[-] The following 2 users Like GoldieLux's post:
  • cookderosa, ISKBizz15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,369 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,601 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,517 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 732 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM