Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com classes expiring & being RETIRED
These Study.com classes are expiring AND being retired at the end of September and October (Library Science ends on 8/31).

Business 105: Labor Relations
Computer Science 330: Critical Infrastructure Security
Computer Science 106: Introduction to Linux
Computer Science 320: Digital Forensics
Computer Science 321: Ethical Hacking
Computer Science 323: Wireless & Mobile Networking
Library Science 101: Information Literacy

Page on Study with specific information: https://support.study.com/support/soluti...ng-courses

*If you need a quick LL class for TESU, Library Science has 43 lessons (this course does not transfer to Excelsior University) https://study.com/academy/course/library...eracy.html
[-] The following 4 users Like dragonwolf's post:
  • arrakis, BitWiseGuy, jch, suzycupcake
thanks for info

also saw on that link that
Eng 305 Advanced Technical Writing is adding two more assignments
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • dragonwolf
I can understand most of those UL CS courses since they ended up not being accepted by a lot of institutions but I think CS 106: intro to Linux was being used by a bunch of WGU BSCS students. Maybe it wasn't enough of them to be worth it, though.

Also, the library science one was great for the brief time that TESU accepted it for their info literacy requirement but since they don't allow transfer of that course anymore, the utility of SDC's version became very limited.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
They really should focus on the courses that most students are taking and transferring to schools. If nobody's taking a course, then they're wasting money getting it evaluated by ACE.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(08-05-2022, 09:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote: They really should focus on the courses that most students are taking and transferring to schools.  If nobody's taking a course, then they're wasting money getting it evaluated by ACE.

this is true, businesswise there's no argument against this. if you're losing money, it's dumb to continue it.

but unfortunately this is also how we end up with dozens of different providers with the same 10 or so courses. It's unfortunate that there's seemingly no obvious way to make money off the more niche courses.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(08-05-2022, 11:37 PM)jsd Wrote: this is true, businesswise there's no argument against this. if you're losing money, it's dumb to continue it.

but unfortunately this is also how we end up with dozens of different providers with the same 10 or so courses. It's unfortunate that there's seemingly no obvious way to make money off the more niche courses.

Maybe is Study spent some time negotiating with more schools on accepting their credits? But that goes against the business model of colleges. Seems like a double edge sword.
P226mem Wrote:thanks for info

Hmm, this is one of the courses I was contemplating to take, I guess try to complete this before the additions to assignments get added...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-05-2022, 11:37 PM)jsd Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 09:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote: They really should focus on the courses that most students are taking and transferring to schools.  If nobody's taking a course, then they're wasting money getting it evaluated by ACE.

this is true, businesswise there's no argument against this. if you're losing money, it's dumb to continue it.

Since Study.com offers 200+ for-credit courses, they're not only offering the same ones that everyone else offers.  But they do know which schools will take which courses, as well as which courses students are taking (either for credit, or just to learn the material).

If students just aren't taking courses, then there really is no sense even offering them.

If schools aren't bringing in a course, then there's no sense paying ACE for them.  They'll probably still keep those courses, they just won't be for credit, and they won't get updated.

But they are one of the main providers that continues to create new courses; not many are, and none have the catalog that SDC does.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • dragonwolf
(08-06-2022, 01:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Hmm, this is one of the courses I was contemplating to take, I guess try to complete this before the additions to assignments get
I would definitely do it soon then. It has a placement test to test out of quizzes, and the only assignment right now is the 800-1200 words user guide. It's really easy since you can find an online user guide for anything so you can model it after one. It only took 2 hours or so!
(08-06-2022, 05:19 PM)dragonwolf Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 01:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Hmm, this is one of the courses I was contemplating to take, I guess try to complete this before the additions to assignments get
I would definitely do it soon then. It has a placement test to test out of quizzes, and the only assignment right now is the 800-1200 words user guide. It's really easy since you can find an online user guide for anything so you can model it after one. It only took 2 hours or so!

Thanks for letting us know, I actually have added the course but haven't started it yet... I'll work on it today until it is completed by the next few days!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,364 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 606 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue