Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com course how it works?
Hi.
So I got the guardian scholarship to study.com. I'm working on the personal finance course first, because I can't move on until that's taken care of. It has 87 lessons and 87 lesson quizzes. Do I have to do every quiz? Or can I just take the final and move on?
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Oh and also.. Does the final exam have to be 70% or more? Or does the final grade have to be 70% or more?

Thank you.
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

You do have to take all of the quizzes, they count towards your final grade, so I would make sure to get 100% on all the quizzes. You need to get 70% for the course. For Personal Finance, if you complete all the quizzes with 100% then you only need a 55 On the final exam to pass.

Some courses have assignments or projects, so your final exam score needs will vary depending on how many points those courses require.
Awesome! Thank you so much.
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

strawberryxfuzz Wrote:You do have to take all of the quizzes, they count towards your final grade, so I would make sure to get 100% on all the quizzes. You need to get 70% for the course. For Personal Finance, if you complete all the quizzes with 100% then you only need a 55 On the final exam to pass.

Some courses have assignments or projects, so your final exam score needs will vary depending on how many points those courses require.

After taking 6 courses from Study. I would argue against this. Getting 100 on all exams can drag on. Getting a mix of 80% and 100% on the quizzes and taking the final exam afterwards, and determining if you need to go back and redo quizzes worked best for me.

Example: Penguin class required 100 quizzes at 5 question each 100 x 5 = 500 (overall points for quizzes) I know that 40 of the quizzes I got 4-5 (80%), so I take away 40 from 500 = 460; that is 92% for overall total of quizzes. 92/100. Itook the exam and scored 60% giving me 60/100 = 92(quiz total)+ 60(final exam) = 152, so now 100 points overall for quizzes and final exam = 152/ 200 gives me 76%.

Add a project in there and it can be even less.

(If I butchered that Math call me out please, but that is how I went about it.)

A lot of the classes I breezed through 50+ exams in a night doing this method vs spending all that time trying to get 100% on each and every exam. Which I did for my earlier courses. After taking a few finals and realizing that I was doing above 70% on the finals I stopped caring about getting 100% on everything.

If I am confident that I know the material I do not bother with the videos or reading the lesson material.

I wish they would implement that you could go straight to test if you can achieve 80% you can automatically get credit for the class. Towards the last couple of classes doing the quizzes got so draining. Especially when you think back and you have done hundreds and hundreds of quizzes.
Makes sense. Thank you.
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

Wait... After finishing the final, you can go back to the quizzes to pad your score if you haven't already hit 100% on the quizzes?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I agree that taking all of the quizzes is extremely draining, especially for the longer ones.

I just do it as a precaution. I took Principles of Finance last night, scored in the 90's for both practice exams I took but ended up getting exactly 55 questions right on the final. The real final seemed to be more difficult x__x
jsd Wrote:Wait... After finishing the final, you can go back to the quizzes to pad your score if you haven't already hit 100% on the quizzes?

You are able to resubmit for the projects after taking the final, so I guess you can for the quizzes also? I just do 100% every time because you have to get 80% to pass the quiz so I just "ctrl F" the main term in the question I missed and find the answer quickly. It takes an extra minute or two tops. Also, it really bothers me if I see 4/5 on some of the quizzes in my dashboard for the course. Lame...I know.
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:I agree that taking all of the quizzes is extremely draining, especially for the longer ones.

I just do it as a precaution. I took Principles of Finance last night, scored in the 90's for both practice exams I took but ended up getting exactly 55 questions right on the final. The real final seemed to be more difficult x__x

You're not the first person I know of who has had trouble with that course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 172 8 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,498 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,634 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,337 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 371 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,047 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,922 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 318 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue