Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com exams per month limit
Just a quick warning to those planning to use study.com for college accelerator credit. The $200 membership advertises 2 exams per month, but in reality you are restricted by a 30 day time limit. For example, my October subscription expired 11/14 and I took tests on 11/10 and 11/12. Now I cannot retake any tests until 12/10 and 12/12. If you're subscribing for multiple months this may eventually result in a month where you don't get 2 exams in.

I called study.com support and they said this is how it is supposed to work. If I wanted to take an exam earlier I would have to pay an additional exam fee even though I haven't taken any exams in this billing cycle. It's probably best if you alternate study.com months with other sources.
Aurelius Wrote:Just a quick warning to those planning to use study.com for college accelerator credit. The $200 membership advertises 2 exams per month, but in reality you are restricted by a 30 day time limit. For example, my October subscription expired 11/14 and I took tests on 11/10 and 11/12. Now I cannot retake any tests until 12/10 and 12/12. If you're subscribing for multiple months this may eventually result in a month where you don't get 2 exams in.

I called study.com support and they said this is how it is supposed to work. If I wanted to take an exam earlier I would have to pay an additional exam fee even though I haven't taken any exams in this billing cycle. It's probably best if you alternate study.com months with other sources.

This doesn't make any sense, I'm waiting for my exams to re-up right now and its set to give me tests available a month from my start date. Had nothing to do with the exam date (for me) Also I am working ahead in order to avoid any issues like this. I am planning on being ready for my next exam as soon as it becomes available.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:This doesn't make any sense, I'm waiting for my exams to re-up right now and its set to give me tests available a month from my start date. Had nothing to do with the exam date (for me) Also I am working ahead in order to avoid any issues like this. I am planning on being ready for my next exam as soon as it becomes available.

Not sure why yours would be different. Month 1 they were available immediately. I took an exam in week 1 and week 2. When it re-upped for month 2, I expected 2 exams to be available day 1. They weren't. I contacted support and was told there was a 30 day waiting period. One exam came available in week 1 of the 2nd month and another in week 2. Going in to month 3 it pushed back another week, so I cancelled and will re-up later rather than wait 3 weeks into the sub to take my first test.
I understand what you are saying now its 30days from the test and not just 2 test every 30days which it should be. I guess its a good think I took mine a few days in and then 2 weeks from then. Sets me up good for the next coming months. I plan on being ready to take the next exam on the day its available. Makes starting each course ASAP more valuable in this sense. Right now I set to take tests on Week 1 and Week 3 of my sub hopefully I can keep it that way until I finish the next 4 courses.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
That is really good to know - because it makes absolutely NO sense!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Is this a recent change? My exams were based on billing cycle
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Is this a recent change? My exams were based on billing cycle

Maybe I just started my account on October 30th I think or 31st. I took my first Exam on Nov 3 and my next available exam date looks like its going to be Dec 3rd. So it def looks like this is how they are doing it. I thought it would be 2 exam each billing cycle and not a new test 30days after taking a test. I will contact them and see if I get the same answer.

If That's the case, it's a strange setup indeed.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:If That's the case, it's a strange setup indeed.

I think they have it set up this way to try to squeeze out an extra month from some subscribers. I can't think of any other valid reason.
Aurelius Wrote:I think they have it set up this way to try to squeeze out an extra month from some subscribers. I can't think of any other valid reason.

Wait for the Study.com rep to answer, I wouldn't jump to conclusions, it may have been a minor system glitch they need to look into...
Or could be a process change in place, something along those lines... I would be cautious and patiently wait for Study.com to get back...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 4 112 Yesterday, 03:20 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 207 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,460 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,629 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,226 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 763 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 369 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,041 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,914 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle