Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com for all credits
Hello I am going to try to finish my degree as soon as possible and I tried out the study.com path and enjoyed the delivery. 

I am pursuing either a BSBA or BALS at TESU. If anyone has a degree plan that shows which classes I can take to fulfill my requirements please let me know. The ones that are completed were done at the university I used to attend and some are done through ALEKS. The credit evaluation below is for BALS

1. English Composition I and II complete.
2. Oral Communication 3 credits needed
3. Quantitative Literacy 3 credits needed
4. Information Literacy 3 credits needed.
5. Civic Learning 9 credits needed.
6. Diversity 3 credits needed
7. Civic Engangement 3 credits needed
8. Human Cultures complete
- Basics Economics 
- Visiting Artists 
- Media Art Techno 
- Basic Economics 
- Asian American Psychology
9. Natural World Completed
- Human Development Conception and Birth
- Biodiversity and Conservation
10.General Electives 10.97 credits needed
- Intro to Psychology
- Life Sciences

11. Upper Level 10.33 credits needed
- Ethics and Business Professional
- Intro to Social Psychology

12.Liberal Studies 9 credits needed
- College Algebra
- Intermediate Algebra

13.Electives 25 credits needed
- Intro to Security Basics

Thank you for any help!
(02-24-2019, 04:01 AM)davidck Wrote: Hello I am going to try to finish my degree as soon as possible and I tried out the study.com path and enjoyed the delivery. 

I am pursuing either a BSBA or BALS at TESU. If anyone has a degree plan that shows which classes I can take to fulfill my requirements please let me know. The ones that are completed were done at the university I used to attend and some are done through ALEKS. The credit evaluation below is for BALS

1. English Composition I and II complete.
2. Oral Communication 3 credits needed
3. Quantitative Literacy 3 credits needed
4. Information Literacy 3 credits needed.
5. Civic Learning 9 credits needed.
6. Diversity 3 credits needed
7. Civic Engangement 3 credits needed
8. Human Cultures complete
- Basics Economics 
- Visiting Artists 
- Media Art Techno 
- Basic Economics 
- Asian American Psychology
9. Natural World Completed
- Human Development Conception and Birth
- Biodiversity and Conservation
10.General Electives 10.97 credits needed
- Intro to Psychology
- Life Sciences

11. Upper Level 10.33 credits needed
- Ethics and Business Professional
- Intro to Social Psychology

12.Liberal Studies 9 credits needed
- College Algebra
- Intermediate Algebra

13.Electives 25 credits needed
- Intro to Security Basics

Thank you for any help!

Just going off of your title to the post; I believe that some of these schools will only take up to 90 credits from any one source. So maybe it's a good idea to plan with that in mind.
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TESU_Degree_Plans

Check out the degree forum wiki. There's dozens of degree plans there. Also, be sure to check out the free sources of credit from Teex and the institutes. Sophia has 2 free 1 credit courses and a few other cheap courses as well.

Good luck!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
There are limits to how much Study.com credits the Big 3 will take:

TESU: 90cr from a single source
COSC: 87cr from Study.com
EC: 84cr from Study.com
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-24-2019, 07:10 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There are limits to how much Study.com credits the Big 3 will take:

TESU: 90cr from a single source
COSC: 87cr from Study.com
EC: 84cr from Study.com

The Cap/cornerstones have to be done for residency, so those credits ar out, but this does leave some planning.
It's important to not fill up all your limits with lower level, those can be met easily with other credits- if you used all your allowable studycom credits and your UL slots are sitting empty, that's going to be an EXPENSIVE MISTAKE. You want easy lower level gen eds open.
TESU will take 90cr max from a single provider - so 24cr needed from alternate providers
COSC will take 87cr from Study.com max - so 27cr needed from alternate providers
EC will take 84cr from Study.com max - so 33cr needed from alternate providers
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you for all the replies. So I should take the UL credits at Study.com. Can I use Study.com and Schmoop to fill all my required courses?
TESU wont take Shmoop
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Thank you! I remember not signing up for that because of that but I thought it was changed. So Study.com and SL is probably my best option. Anyone have recommendations on the less demanding UL's from study.com.
For BALS, you need to first decide what is going to be the subject concentration (Psychology, social sciences, General Management, Human Resource Management...). Based on that, you need to look for upper level courses on study.com.

I am able to suggest you the following courses, which may work well for Psychology concentration:

History & Systems of Psychology
Psychology of Personality
Industrial-Organizational Psychology
Organizational Theory
Organizational Communication
Sociology of Work

The courses themselves are not very demanding, but all UL study.com courses have writing assignments, which might be a little challenging at times. But if you are confident of your writing skills, nothing to worry.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 168 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 175 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,365 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,488 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,147 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 621 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat