Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com or Coopersmith for UL Psychology Classes
I just finished taking my final test in Psy 301 I/O Psychology and submitting the paper on SDC.  Anyone taken a Psychology course at Coopersmith?  How would you compare those UL courses to SDC?  (I need three more UL for my BALS @ TESU.)  I like that there aren't any writing assignments with them, but wondering how difficult the tests are for:

Psy 302 Abnormal Psy
Psy 310 Foundations of Stress Management
Psy 315 Social Psychology

I was going to take Psy Personality 310 on SDC, but don't like the written assignment.  Looking for the path of least resistance. 

Thanks!
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
Foundations of Stress Management was very straightforward course at coopersmith. I read the chapters of the included text (no outside purchase of one needed). Studied the flashcards. The exam was all m/c and from the materials. No surprise info. I did well on it and on SDC Psy 301 I/O.
Since it was not my first psych course Stress was not hard material for me to learn. If you do this course with plans to transfer to tesu, be ready to email the registrar's office to have them put the correct course on your eval. There was an older numbering course with 310. Here.. it's explained in this post.
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid312194

several of us went through that this year. TESU was great about making the correction right away and it wasn't a long process for that. Just a weird little extra step to know a heads up on.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • CarpeDiem8, collegechick
(10-22-2020, 03:44 PM)P226mem Wrote: Foundations of Stress Management was very straightforward course at coopersmith.  I read the chapters of the included text (no outside purchase of one needed). Studied the flashcards.  The exam was all m/c and from the materials. No surprise info. I did well on it and on SDC Psy 301 I/O.
Since it was not my first psych course Stress was not hard material for me to learn.  If you do this course with plans to transfer to tesu, be ready to email the registrar's office to have them put the correct course on your eval.  There was an older numbering course with 310.  Here..  it's explained in this post.

several of us went through that this year.  TESU was great about making the correction right away and it wasn't a long process for that. Just a weird little extra step to know a heads up on.

Thank you for the response and helpful info concerning the Stress Management class.  I will definitely give them a go.  Also helpful to know I don't necessarily need a book.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
(10-22-2020, 02:37 PM)collegechick Wrote: I just finished taking my final test in Psy 301 I/O Psychology and submitting the paper on SDC.  Anyone taken a Psychology course at Coopersmith?  How would you compare those UL courses to SDC?  (I need three more UL for my BALS @ TESU.)  I like that there aren't any writing assignments with them, but wondering how difficult the tests are for:

Psy 302 Abnormal Psy
Psy 310 Foundations of Stress Management
Psy 315 Social Psychology

I was going to take Psy Personality 310 on SDC, but don't like the written assignment.  Looking for the path of least resistance. 

Thanks!

Stress Management consists of 50 multiple choice questions and the included "crash course" documentation is well targeted.
I took Group Counseling, Drugs Society and Human Behavior, and Substance Abuse Counseling with Coopersmith. All of the courses were very well documented and well presented. I was able to skim the provided materials and really dig into learning the crash course PowerPoint. Proctoring is taken through ProctorU which was okay, not monitored by a live person but sometimes had technical issues with connecting to the service/proctor etc. Once I went through the customer service chats it was straightforward with going through the exam. I liked that you could literally study the crash course, sign into ProctorU take the exam now option, email the Coopersmith team (who is very responsive) and then submit transcripts through parchment if you were pressed for time. I really liked the Coopersmith format for UL options.

As others have said before, level of difficulty is going to be based on multiple factors but if you have taken an intro psych course before or are familiar with some of the concepts in practice its would be even more difficult to fail, the material sets you up for success. If you are able to study well and then apply that information to the exam then Coopersmith will be relatively easy.

[-] The following 3 users Like BBryant165's post:
  • collegechick, ctcarl, P226mem
(10-24-2020, 03:31 AM)BBryant165 Wrote: I took Group Counseling, Drugs Society and Human Behavior, and Substance Abuse Counseling with Coopersmith. All of the courses were very well documented and well presented. I was able to skim the provided materials and really dig into learning the crash course PowerPoint. Proctoring is taken through ProctorU which was okay, not monitored by a live person but sometimes had technical issues with connecting to the service/proctor etc. Once I went through the customer service chats it was straightforward with going through the exam. I liked that you could literally study the crash course, sign into ProctorU take the exam now option, email the Coopersmith team (who is very responsive) and then submit transcripts through parchment if you were pressed for time. I really liked the Coopersmith format for UL options.

As others have said before, level of difficulty is going to be based on multiple factors but if you have taken an intro psych course before or are familiar with some of the concepts in practice its would be even more difficult to fail, the material sets you up for success. If you are able to study well and then apply that information to the exam then Coopersmith will be relatively easy.

I took Abnormal Psych, Drugs, Society and Human Behavior, Family Therapy, Stress Management, Therapeutic Interviewing, and Rabbinical Counseling from Coopersmith, and I could not agree more with this post.  My experience was virtually identical, with the possible exception that ProctorFU insisted on charging me the higher "Take it Now" premium when the "Take it Soon" premium was called for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • collegechick
Study.com has a wide selection and the courses themselves aren't hard. It's personal choice though really
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • collegechick
(10-22-2020, 03:44 PM)P226mem Wrote: Foundations of Stress Management was very straightforward course at coopersmith.  I read the chapters of the included text (no outside purchase of one needed). Studied the flashcards.  The exam was all m/c and from the materials. No surprise info. I did well on it and on SDC Psy 301 I/O.
Since it was not my first psych course Stress was not hard material for me to learn.  If you do this course with plans to transfer to tesu, be ready to email the registrar's office to have them put the correct course on your eval.  There was an older numbering course with 310.  Here..  it's explained in this post.

several of us went through that this year.  TESU was great about making the correction right away and it wasn't a long process for that. Just a weird little extra step to know a heads up on.

I'm currently enrolled into Psy 310 Foundations of Stress Management.  You mentioned flash cards?  I don't see any flash cards provided, just the 744 powerpoint slides and end of course review.  Tech support said there's no pre-test options to gauge readiness.  So, you just read through the slides and tested?  I do have three other psych classes on the transcript and see a lot of familiar material provided again.
by "flashcards" I meant the "end of course review" slides. I studied from those in a way that was similar to using flashcards. So that was my bad on how I wrote it. A family member helped me study from those slides and she called them flashcards so much that I unintentionally did as well.

I gauged readiness when I knew the material on the "end of course review slides" well enough that even my family member who was helping me knew the questions and answers with me.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(10-29-2020, 03:24 PM)P226mem Wrote: by "flashcards" I meant the "end of course review" slides. I studied from those in a way that was similar to using flashcards. So that was my bad on how I wrote it.  A family member helped me study from those slides and she called them flashcards so much that I unintentionally did as well.

I gauged readiness when I knew the material on the "end of course review slides" well enough that even my family member who was helping me knew the questions and answers with me.
These psy courses are upper division but no papers to write? 

Been looking for upper division courses with least amount of essays. 

On study.com most upper division ones have essays, including computer courses Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,369 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,601 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,515 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 415 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,362 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle